• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

McNei1y

But this year is the only year that I've really seen a crowd outburst against Crow. Last year, I saw people bitch about Tebow... but nothing near the complaints people have this year about Read Options and shit. The year before I didn't see a single thing. And the only thing that I saw against him this year was the AI hit stick thing. Were Rors, Nightz, and Daw really that outspoken about him?

And if the "playing Crow is like playing a video game" thing is the main reason for the boot, then I could say that against a lot of other people here. But nothing along the lines of abuse.

I just think removing a guy like Crow, and then potentially ridding him to a Cardinals team, is weak. He's always been on time, always gets his games in, is a cool guy in the community, and doesn't bitch about anything. Again, I don't know since I haven't played him this year aside from a scrimmage and the AFC West guys know more since they play him twice a season... but I'm still clueless about what the issues were since supposedly the one's against him haven't spoken up over the night. Really, all I'm looking for here is an explanation. Right now, it looks like an action that was taken without any reason.

LukeSmith

But this year is the only year that I've really seen a crowd outburst against Crow. Last year, I saw people bitch about Tebow... but nothing near the complaints people have this year about Read Options and shit. The year before I didn't see a single thing. And the only thing that I saw against him this year was the AI hit stick thing. Were Rors, Nightz, and Daw really that outspoken about him?

And if the "playing Crow is like playing a video game" thing is the main reason for the boot, then I could say that against a lot of other people here. But nothing along the lines of abuse.

I just think removing a guy like Crow, and then potentially ridding him to a Cardinals team, is weak. He's always been on time, always gets his games in, is a cool guy in the community, and doesn't bitch about anything. Again, I don't know since I haven't played him this year aside from a scrimmage and the AFC West guys know more since they play him twice a season... but I'm still clueless about what the issues were since supposedly the one's against him haven't spoken up over the night. Really, all I'm looking for here is an explanation. Right now, it looks like an action that was taken without any reason.

No one is going to detail the gameplay stuff, I can't tell if that's what you're looking for McNeily?

The lengthy posts from Rors, LJ, DCX from the thread (was it this one or a past one) were pretty interesting and I'm sure someone can go dig those up?

I don't really remember too much about Shawn/Ando/Vumpler being let go other than people complained about them similarly - not at massive scale - and then they were gone.

No one is going to detail the gameplay stuff, I can't tell if that's what you're looking for McNeily?

The lengthy posts from Rors, LJ, DCX from the thread (was it this one or a past one) were pretty interesting and I'm sure someone can go dig those up?

I don't really remember too much about Shawn/Ando/Vumpler being let go other than people complained about them similarly - not at massive scale - and then they were gone.

Shawn was the infamous "L-running", was he not. Then the scummy personal attack on DCX pretty much sealed his fate, IIRC.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Shawn rode the line hard and I can understand if Crow was playing in that style. Playing him was frustrating as hell, but it wasn't like FMT level frustrating.

daw840

Crow always beat me and he was frustrating as hell to play. Just not really fun at all. Constantly running odd formations and the same couple of broken plays.

McNei1y

Yeah. I'm just looking for the issues. I was hoping it'd be stuff that could be easily corrected. It's just frustrating in it's own sense to be out of the loop on this since Crow is my bro. If no one wants to share, then that's fine, but I'm hoping to get some insight. I also would've liked to see if some of his issues were corrected in later games.

Crow always beat me and he was frustrating as hell to play. Just not really fun at all. Constantly running odd formations and the same couple of broken plays.

AT and CB always beat me. The only thing that seems to matter about this is the broken plays part.

eznark

Banned
I can't wait for Wellie's break down analysis of every game.

I can't wait for LJ's breakdown of what a big defensive line cheater Welli is. And then Luke's breakdown of why LJ is a cheater. And then Rors calling out Luke.

When all of you fuckers kick each other out of the league it will come down to the true champions, those never accused of cheating, the NFC North.

I can't wait for LJ's breakdown of what a big defensive line cheater Welli is. And then Luke's breakdown of why LJ is a cheater. And then Rors calling out Luke.

When all of you fuckers kick each other out of the league it will come down to the true champions, those never accused of cheating, the NFC North.

Soka isn't in your division anymore?

rinse82

For that PSN $10 back for every $50 you spend deal, does that include PSN Plus?

Just got a PS3 so going to buy Plus and MLB the Show 13 probably.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
This thread has turned into the dark place i knew it would be at this point in the week.

LJ11

For the record, I had zero beefs with Shawn, ever.

Just shows that some guys play certain guys differently. Small sample size as well I guess, he was in the NFC.

Shawn was the infamous "L-running", was he not. Then the scummy personal attack on DCX pretty much sealed his fate, IIRC.

That post about DCX was uncalled for, completely agree.

Sokantish

Soka should be barred from using the late John Madden's playbook.

I'm done with the playbook now that the season ended, I've been going back to using the MIN playbook since it seemed like people had a problem with the madden playbook. Or at least me using HB streaks with it

eznark

Banned
I'm done with the playbook now that the season ended, I've been going back to using the MIN playbook since it seemed like people had a problem with the madden playbook. Or at least me using HB streaks with it

You should use the Lombardi playbook. There are only like 6 passing plays but all have only a fly route. It's amazing.

LukeSmith

Just shows that some guys play certain guys differently. Small sample size as well I guess, he was in the NFC.

I don't even remember the post about DCX, maybe it was before Carlos and I became friends.

I don't remember playing Shawn but once where he completely whipped me, but it was an ass-beating and seemed like my own fault. FREE SHAWN?

BigAT

I don't even remember the post about DCX, maybe it was before Carlos and I became friends.

I don't remember playing Shawn but once where he completely whipped me, but it was an ass-beating and seemed like my own fault. FREE SHAWN?

I think he ended up getting permabanned at some point, so there is no one to free. Anyone have that video of him on the dating gameshow?

I don't remember a dcx post from him but it doesn't shock me that he did it.

It was pretty fucked. I would have been alright with booting him for that alone.

CB3

I think he ended up getting permabanned at some point, so there is no one to free. Anyone have that video of him on the dating gameshow?

He came back with a different name at one point and someone discovered him. He was trying to play in the show league, i think?

I liked Shawn, never had problems in our games. I remember my delicious dismantling of him in the NFC title game thanks to the cover 3 defense he couldn't seem to crack until it was too late!

DCX

DCX
He came back with a different name at one point and someone discovered him. He was trying to play in the show league, i think?

2k PS3 league. It was Shawn who was behind the PS3 league movement...that didn't end well.

DCX

bluemax

Banned

Good thing we condone personal attacks now, right Soka?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

L-Running Drawing. Those were the Golden Days.

Damn, sounds like interesting GAFDrama. Strange the turn of events that has befallen Crow.

CB3

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Ravens and Super Bowl MVP Joe Flacco have agreed to deal, as @JayGlazer reported. Expected to make Flacco highest-paid QB in NFL history.

lolololol. I bet the Ravens FO feels like shit about that contract. They got backed into a wall.

Top Bottom