• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

McNei1y

Mcneily and Pheeniks, are we going to run some team games in SC2?

My bad brother. I was out last night. I also have a work function today and tonight so I will be gone the entire night. I'm definitely down for some games tomorrow FOR SURE. Let's get some in.

Also, Pheenix, give me Giancarlo Notnats.

i played the god of war demo.... meh. i don't know if its that i'm tired of god of war or that this demo is just boring. i'll probably buy the game later in the year when it's discounted a bit but i wish they'd try something new. i dont expect a new combat engine or a first person or anything crazy but i dont know maybe change it up from the "walk/run along a linear court, magical gates go up and you can't leave until you beat all the enemies"

since this wasn't done by santa monica anyways maybe they could have tried something new like an open world or i'd even be down with a megaman style boss/level progression system!

Sanjuro

Sanjuro (Red Sox)
Rinse (Jays)
McNeily (Expos)
Bob (Cubs)
Eznark (Brewers)
Smokey (Astros lol)
Ferny (Dodgers)
BigAT (Yanks)
DCX (Yanks)
Pheenix (Marlins)

Are all of you guys getting the game day one?

The series are about three games against a single opponent, to be completed in 7-10 days. Flex scheduling is going to be heavily suggested.

I just hope they give some extra function for the league manager. They usually give you dick.

Sanjuro

It's going to be a mixture of people. Not sure who will be returning as of yet. Find out next week. Nothing is set in stone yet.

bluemax

Banned
I just saw a couple go past on roller blades where the man was wearing a bears hat and the woman was wearing a packers hat.

LJ11

Were some of you dudes serious about this draft being shit?

I see some insane players. Guess the spreadsheets say otherwise.

Rorschach

Were some of you dudes serious about this draft being shit?

I see some insane players. Guess the spreadsheets say otherwise.
I think it's because there's only one decent QB. Certain positions got shafted. Overall, it's an ok draft, but not as hot as the previous ones. Of the positions I've scouted, it's not that great, but I don't have high picks since I made the playoffs. Before, I'd be certain to get a Takatua-like player all the way to the second.

[edit]And, as McNeily posted, some positions have 1 guy who is great and the rest aren't even serviceable.
Well, in all likelihood we are going to have a quick season off the bat. Then another with rosters.

Quick season meaning a couple weeks or so to just get games under our belts.

I'm for a quick season. I'm talking about my post earlier where I said if we got done before the end of July I'd be down with the Doyers.

Smokey

Sanjuro (Red Sox)
Rinse (Jays)
McNeily (Expos)
Bob (Cubs)
Eznark (Brewers)
Smokey (Astros lol)
Ferny (Dodgers)
BigAT (Yanks)
DCX (Yanks)
Pheenix (Marlins)

Are all of you guys getting the game day one?

The series are about three games against a single opponent, to be completed in 7-10 days. Flex scheduling is going to be heavily suggested.

I just hope they give some extra function for the league manager. They usually give you dick.

I will be there day 1. I still have a bad taste from the last MLB "league" here.. I wouldn't mind it consisting of the people you posted and that's it.

Is MLB still terrible over a wireless connection? Also the Astros are so god fucking awful

edit: oh shit didn't realize this comes out on Tues. MLB, Sim City, Tomb Raider on same day good stuff

LJ11

I don't know, I looked at the backs and I mentioned earlier in the year one particular trait that I absolutely love in this years Madden and it's here in spades.

Then I looked at the LBs....

I see some good players.

bluemax

Banned
I'll put this out there I'm willing to do any of the following packages:

My 6th and 7th for a 5th
My 5th and 6th for a 4th
My 4th and 5th for a 3rd
My 3rd and 4th for a 2nd

Let me know!

eznark

Banned
I don't know, I looked at the backs and I mentioned earlier in the year one particular trait that I absolutely love in this years Madden and it's here in spades.

Then I looked at the LBs....

I see some good players.

I thought there were a ton of good linebackers an I spent pretty much all of my points scouting them. Then I signed Suggs. Sigh.

BigAT

Is MLB still terrible over a wireless connection? Also the Astros are so god fucking awful

Just wire your shit up. I remember having to play someone in MLB with atrocious lag and trying to figure out what it was after he was like "Oh I was on wireless lol". Feels like it was Bob.

Rorschach

Didn't look at LBs. Mine aren't superawesome, but they're good enough. People come out in 3 wide too often anyway! Maybe I'll go 3-4 and use my 12th man.

McNei1y

So just making sure, draft is at 10am est/7am pst? I'll make sure to get home early tomorrow morning so I can at least get my first three picks in.

There's needs to be more Nationals videos for The Show 13. I've only found one! :(

LJ11

Didn't look at LBs. Mine aren't superawesome, but they're good enough. People come out in 3 wide too often anyway! Maybe I'll go 3-4 and use my 12th man.

I think the LB talent always skews my perception of a draft. Can't resist!

Had a good 4-3 setup that shut stuff down but after a while it got picked apart. Took long to set up too.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
ee5eb4c5181de861d036898387f3eaf3.jpeg

:)

Finally got steam!

Friends (0)

:(

"_mastershake" add me!

edit-----

just need nightz to add me and my first 3 steam friends will be AFC west bro's!

Smokey

Just wire your shit up. I remember having to play someone in MLB with atrocious lag and trying to figure out what it was after he was like "Oh I was on wireless lol". Feels like it was Bob.

I'm using Powerline Ethernet. Dunno how it works but you plug an adapter into an outlet by your modem, then plug the cable in there. Plug the other adapter into an available outlet by your consoles etc. Hook cable from them to the adapter...and you're wired up and get the same speed or close to it as if you were using a traditional wired setup. The particular model I have has a 4 port adapter where the 360 and PC are plugged into.

It's blackmagic and is amazing. If any of you are using wireless I'd highly suggest looking into it. Doesn't cost too much either depending on the number of ports you want available.

bluemax

Banned
Complete first round as it stands right now

1. Eagles
2. Packers
3. Browns
4. Jets
5. Ravens
6. Redskins
7. Patriots
8. Titans
9. Lions
10. Panthers
11. Cowboys
12. Chiefs
13. Rams
14. Chiefs
15. Buccaneers
16. Bengals
17. Stealers
18. Chargers
19. Dolphins
20. Vikings
21. Seahawks
22. Texans
23. Raiders
24. Cardinals
25. Bills
26. Bears
27. Saints
28. Colts
29. Bills
30. Giants
31. Broncos
32. Raiders

DCX and FMT don't have picks until the 4th. Rinse doesn't pick until the 2nd. LJ, mastershake and Rors both have 2 firsts.

Top Bottom