• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

eznark

Banned
Loool, now no one can claim the city I was working on in Josh Freeman is fat because of the crash. I can't even get back to it. Thank god for EA servers saving the city.

Claim a city close to mine and give me some fucking water! Mine is all polluted because I put my water tower next to my shit pile. I also build the mayors house right next to the dump because fuck politicians.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Claim a city close to mine and give me some fucking water! Mine is all polluted because I put my water tower next to my shit pile. I also build the mayors house right next to the dump because fuck politicians.

Hahaha, do you guys have room? I want in!

eznark

Banned
I'm the only person in the region right now!

Storybook seems super, super into the game so hopefully he or someone else makes a more serious region. I made this one just to test shit out.

There are literal super hero bases and villain towers. The next person who tells me Maxis made some decision to make the game more realistic gets a throat punch.

Mrbob

I tried too and it crashed again on me. Wtf. :(

Well since I couldn't get into SimCity last night, I played some Tomb Raider and 1 exhibition game of The Show. First 30 minutes of TR was pretty good. And I like MLB so far, though I have no idea what the base running controls are.

Base running controls are a huge bitch. I set it to auto but they are stupid as hell and are super conservative on auto...

I use default, basically you take the joystick to select the runner then you press the base icon you want him to go to

I still haven't figured out how to "advance all" and I am pretty sure it is L2, except when I press L2 they all freeze or retreat, stupid fucks

Hey NFC West - what's the secret to beating Wellie?

images

Storybook seems super, super into the game so hopefully he or someone else makes a more serious region. I made this one just to test shit out.

There are literal super hero bases and villain towers. The next person who tells me Maxis made some decision to make the game more realistic gets a throat punch.

I'm going to take our first madden-gaf region serious! I think we should all decide what we want to specialize in before we even start to build. If we just have a free for all i dont think that shit will last long. People will get bored and quit

Yea, I'm going to wait until, hopefully, they get this server shit sorted out before doing anything multiplayer.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Suggest something fair and I'm all in dude

We make a dummy franchise and advance to the upcoming season. We then pull the rookie player attributes and post them here for everyone. People can then be left to use their scouting points on the players that appear in news stories... also other attributes we wouldn't have like clutch, high motor, etc. Essentially making drafting like madden 10-12.

rinse82

I'm tired of this drafting issue. I've never had a decent pick past round 3 yet half the league manage to grab starters in later rounds. Why don't we even the playfield on this?

It helps to have the #1 pick two years in a row, and 3 of the top 5 picks in last year's draft.

Also helps to sign a 90 OVR RG, Dez Bryant, and Devin McCourty.

The whole league knew who Aarin Carroll, Kody Arias, and Jordin Grey were prior to the draft.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
It helps to have the #1 pick two years in a row, and 3 of the top 5 picks in last year's draft.

Also helps to sign a 90 OVR RG, Dez Bryant, and Devin McCourty.

The whole league knew who Aarin Carroll, Kody Arias, and Jordin Grey were prior to the draft.

Was more a response to the ongoing mention of the issue, not you specifically. This is certainly not really an issue for 1st round picks.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
We make a dummy franchise and advance to the upcoming season. We then pull the rookie player attributes and post them here for everyone. People can then be left to use their scouting points on the players that appear in news stories... also other attributes we wouldn't have like clutch, high motor, etc. Essentially making drafting like madden 10-12.

The draft class order is randomized.

eznark

Banned
Rinse, Bluemax and Cola should all have to put together a draft guide for everyone, ranking the top 10 players at each position based on their cheat sheets.

I disagree with the levious method. Scouting points are a good restriction. The Madden 10-12 method was lame.

I think it could be tweaked. Have a simmed combine, any player who attends that combine automatically reveals certain basic ratings (speed, catch, etc) while certain "star" players would choose to have individual workouts. You would then have to spend points on whether you want to attend that workout or not.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think it could be tweaked. Have a simmed combine, any player who attends that combine automatically reveals certain basic ratings (speed, catch, etc) while certain "star" players would choose to have individual workouts. You would then have to spend points on whether you want to attend that workout or not.
You're hired.

What I really don't get is why not allow scouting during the playoffs? Even if its non playoff teams only, giving the bottom tier teams more scouting points and additional chances to uncover talent would contribute to more parity.

I like this method the best.

Colasante

Rinse, Bluemax and Cola should all have to put together a draft guide for everyone, ranking the top 10 players at each position based on their cheat sheets.

Hey now, don't lump me in with them, I bought the perk to give me double scouting XP, only scout the positions I'm looking for, and do it Wellie-style.

JdBei3m.png

eznark

Banned
Is Trasher still banned?

Trasher, if you can see this, I can play between 6-8pm Eastern tonight. Have one of your lackeys post here if you can make it and what time would be best for you.

He is on the west coast and is the bitch of some small time fremium dev. He can't do that early. 11 est is a good time.

LukeSmith

Is Trasher still banned?

Trasher, if you can see this, I can play between 6-8pm Eastern tonight. Have one of your lackeys post here if you can make it and what time would be best for you.

Exact quote: (11:22:57 AM) Trasher: can someone tell azwethink that his terrible 2 hour east coast window wont work for me

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey now, don't lump me in with them, I bought the perk to give me double scouting XP, only scout the positions I'm looking for, and do it Wellie-style.

JdBei3m.png
Heck yeah. I may have to revisit what I do now to try and figure out what to do with all of the UDFAs that show up on draft day.

I was able to get starters all the way through round 7 in the first draft because the Rams were such shit for the most part but also because I was very focused on scouting what I needed and broke it down that way.

I've been trying to make a BPA style system but it leads me to having searches that are too broad and wasting scouting points. Assign number values to the letters, create a weighted formula for each attribute per position and have the scores sit on a 1-100 scale. I just don't really start thinking about it until its too close to draft time.

Top Bottom