• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

bluemax

Banned
I'm tired of this drafting issue. I've never had a decent pick past round 3 yet half the league manage to grab starters in later rounds. Why don't we even the playfield on this?

All the draft guide players are gone after the first 4 rounds. If you're getting shit in the later rounds it has little to do with the draft guide.

BigAT

Why would it be a joke? White killed me on crossing routes from the slot.

You have to admire gall it takes for him to make the claim that people would yell at him if he DIDN'T manually put his best wide receiver in the slot. A level of delusion you just don't see very often at this level.

GG McNeily. Very frustrating start for me on offense, felt like I went three and out on my first three drives or so. Almost threw my controller when Eli couldn't even throw a screen pass. Thankfully I managed to get a little going late in the half and my defense was stout as usual.

bluemax

Banned
Normally I wouldn't respond to this but since it was quoted:

Rinse, Bluemax and Cola should all have to put together a draft guide for everyone, ranking the top 10 players at each position based on their cheat sheets.

I did this before the first draft and people complained. Honestly the whole fucking thing is over blown in my opinion. The guys drafted in the first 4 rounds are the same players who would've been drafted in the first 4 rounds if the draft guide didn't exist.

Its ridiculous, last year the entire league was constantly asking for the draft guide before each draft so they could scout the draft class. This year EA takes that info out of the game, some people put together a guide that has LESS info than what used to be in the game and people get angry about it.

In the end it hasn't mattered one fucking bit. The same teams have made the playoffs that made it every year in the past. The same people have won championships. This league plays out the same every year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I did this before the first draft and people complained. Honestly the whole fucking thing is over blown in my opinion. The guys drafted in the first 4 rounds are the same players who would've been drafted in the first 4 rounds if the draft guide didn't exist.

Its ridiculous, last year the entire league was constantly asking for the draft guide before each draft so they could scout the draft class. This year EA takes that info out of the game, some people put together a guide that has LESS info than what used to be in the game and people get angry about it.

In the end it hasn't mattered one fucking bit. The same teams have made the playoffs that made it every year in the past. The same people have won championships. This league plays out the same every year.

I haven't looked at it since season 1 draft. It only tells you the development, and honestly that doesn't matter all that much. I didn't know Garcia was slow until I went to check his goals.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Knowing who to draft in the first 4 rounds right off the bat gives you more opportunity to see who to draft in the last 3

Mrbob

I'm proud of my team rebuilding. Been able to do it without the help of any cheat sheet at all.

You have to admire gall it takes for him to make the claim that people would yell at him if he DIDN'T manually put his best wide receiver in the slot. A level of delusion you just don't see very often at this level.

tumblr_lo1oyn3oti1qk3n9c.gif

For the record he is my second best rated WR.

McNei1y

Are The Show's load times usually this slow?

I just created a Diamond Dynasty team to mess around with. I like this concept a lot more than EA's. I know it's pretty much the same thing, but custom players are cooler. I hope it's not a pain in the ass to keep certain guys.

Mrbob

Did you install the game to the hdd? It normally isn't too bad. I won't my copy till tonight though.

Also, is this the tweet of the year so far?

uEIOYct.png

Mrbob

I'm not sure where it is at in MLB 13. But usually there is an option for partial install or full install of data. As much as you are going to play MLB 13 I'd do a full install. Partial install is normally 5gb and full install 10gb.

Levious, I'm available all night tonight if you can make it work?

This cheat sheet stuff is great. Always something with this league. Cap-gate, sack-gate, crow's ridiculous rb-gate, Smokey swindling DCX in trades every year-gate, twins-gate, keep Randy Moss out of Chicago-gate and L-running-gate. I look forward to what is next

Colasante

I'll probably be the one with the 1st overall pick, so if sim draft is considered the best way to go, I'm up for that as well. Could be fun.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Pass on the sim draft. I need to reload at key positions. I know you haves don't care much, but us have nots want to have somewhat decent teams!

If you let the AI draft it's just like simming!

DCX

DCX
sim draft is not the way to go. people will draft who they want, when they want. Cola took a UDFA in the second round i think. More power to him. It will help him land a UDFA in the first round with a top 3 pick in the next draft.

It is what it is. I got some decent talent and some not so good players that i ended up cutting.
Blue said it best. Regardless of what's out there and who has what information it will always come down to skill on the sticks. LJ, Rors and others have played extremely well with bum teams.

Give elites crap teams and they will still manage a way to make the playoffs. Give low tier players elite teams and watch them plug toilets with them. Just keep plugging away and try to up your game. Phee and Rinse have done it. Nightz and Bluemax have upped their games same with Q the giant slayer.

I dont want any part of simmed drafts. Might as well play my own CCM.

DCX

Colasante

sim draft is not the way to go. people will draft who they want, when they want. Cola took a UDFA in the second round i think. More power to him. It will help him land a UDFA in the first round with a top 3 pick in the next draft.

It is what it is. I got some decent talent and some not so good players that i ended up cutting.
Blue said it best. Regardless of what's out there and who has what information it will always come down to skill on the sticks. LJ, Rors and others have played extremely well with bum teams.

Give elites crap teams and they will still manage a way to make the playoffs. Give low tier players elite teams and watch them plug toilets with them. Just keep plugging away and try to up your game. Phee and Rinse have done it. Nightz and Bluemax have upped their games same with Q the giant slayer.

I dont want any part of simmed drafts. Might as well play my own CCM.

DCX

I didn't draft an UDFA. Jester Collins was projected to go undrafted, but I scouted him and he had 95 speed and 90 hit power. It's not like some people who draft players who weren't even available to scout prior to the draft. So go play your own CCM you big meanie.

BigAT

I don't know why non-elites even have draft picks to begin with. They're not going to use those players as well as the top tier players, it's a waste. A complete inefficiency in the distribution of the labor force.

Top Bottom