• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

McNei1y

FMT and I were talking last night and when we switch to next-gen officially (Madden 15/26) -- streaming league games will probably be required (unless there's some bad decisions made on what account levels can and can't stream out).

I would hope everyone accepts this. Plus, I want to see what it may have been like to be part of SmokeyTV. You can all laugh at my poor decisions together!

And then we can all stream our NHL fun together.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
If streaming every game is required, that would be like a wet dream for me.

What time is the 'vance? More importantly, Cola, if we vance tonight can you play?

Somnia

Don't use streaming as the reason to pick a platform, they'll both have it.

FMT and I were talking last night and when we switch to next-gen officially (Madden 15/26) -- streaming league games will probably be required (unless there's some bad decisions made on what account levels can and can't stream out).

Oh I assumed they would both have it, MS just needs to announce this thing already so people can quit guessing.

Smokey

I wonder if my hillbilly connection will be able to handle it.

It doesn't take much to do a basic stream. It's the higher resolutions that require a good upload.

I do wonder how they are going to implement it. I imagine there will be some type of space limit. Luke and I game yesterday was a good 50 minutes or so according to my logs.

LukeSmith

What time is the 'vance? More importantly, Cola, if we vance tonight can you play?

Yeah, I want to see people posting "We're playing at 5 east coast" and from my work machine be able to tune in. Hell, I hope EA is smart and puts a "broadcasting now" flag on games currently being streamed from their online website - where clicking "broadcasting now" takes you to the feed.

And an even better version would include having a third non-player screen cam that streams out sideline footage or brings up stat overlays for the game during playcalling so that the streamer isn't showing everything they are calling (the latter is clearly a better option than the same shot of Eli Manning over and over on the sideline).

Hopefully they support delaying the stream, too -- lest a new breed of complaining "He was screen peeping" be born.

Yeah, I want to see people posting "We're playing at 5 east coast" and from my work machine be able to tune in. Hell, I hope EA is smart and puts a "broadcasting now" flag on games currently being streamed from their online website - where clicking "broadcasting now" takes you to the feed.

And an even better version would include having a third non-player screen cam that streams out sideline footage or brings up stat overlays for the game during playcalling so that the streamer isn't showing everything they are calling (the latter is clearly a better option than the same shot of Eli Manning over and over on the sideline).

Hopefully they support delaying the stream, too -- lest a new breed of complaining "He was screen peeping" be born.

Forget that shit, wait until the Xbox 1080 to get these options

eznark

Banned
I think he means two iterations of Xbox from now. I tend to agree with him, I don't think there is any chance it will be as good as you described.

You're so jaded. Remember how well microsoft delivered on Velocity Girl and scanning in your skateboard to use with Kinect? I'm sure this shit will work exactly as advertised. Probably even better!

BigAT

You're so jaded. Remember how well microsoft delivered on Velocity Girl and scanning in your skateboard to use with Kinect? I'm sure this shit will work exactly as advertised. Probably even better!

They bludgeoned Milo and buried him in a shallow grave somewhere.

504x_milo_01.jpg

Colasante

Yeah.

Now that FMT has an auto win D and Blue will have an auto win O next year, I want to be as far away from the NFC West as possible.

Smokey

The world will finally get to see the NFC west in all its glory in primetime this season. Starting with FMT and his Auto team.

bluemax

Banned
No Mercy Percy. Good thing I learned how to use him back in the day on NCAA. Fly sweeps all up in this bitch.

Yeah.

Now that FMT has an auto win D and Blue will have an auto win O next year, I want to be as far away from the NFC West as possible.

I almost have an auto win D this year in Madden. My opponents so far this season are at exactly 50% completions!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The world will finally get to see the NFC west in all its glory in primetime this season. Starting with FMT and his Auto team.
What glory?

I made the playoffs year 1 then haven't done shit. Blue has probably the best all around roster in the league but only made the playoffs last season. FMT has been the belle of the ball, but take a look at his team, I think 16 guys are at 90+. Whatever, he's always been a great player and would likely be stomping us anyway. He's got 2 of the 3 Super Bowls so far in the franchise. (None for the AFC btw.)

I personally cannot wait to be on Smokey TV. Last time I was on it we went to overtime. The red rifle delivered a rocket to Jordan Shipley in OT to steal the game.

eznark

Banned
Blizzard is going to make me feel better about league play in Heart of the Swarm:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/9067510/Heart_of_the_Swarm_League_Percentages-3_11_2013

Everyone is a winner now. Unless you are part of the 8 percent who really sucks (which might be me).

This actually just sold me fully on the game. I am definitely in the 8% but I have no desire to play better, which means MP was fucking lame. All I want is to battle against someone else who is going to turtle.

Good grief, I just realized Percy is the third former Viking we've added in the past couple of years. Rice, T-Jack and now Percy.
Fourth!
k-bigpic.jpg

Smokey

What glory?

I made the playoffs year 1 then haven't done shit. Blue has probably the best all around roster in the league but only made the playoffs last season. FMT has been the belle of the ball, but take a look at his team, I think 16 guys are at 90+. Whatever, he's always been a great player and would likely be stomping us anyway. He's got 2 of the 3 Super Bowls so far in the franchise. (None for the AFC btw.)

I personally cannot wait to be on Smokey TV. Last time I was on it we went to overtime. The red rifle delivered a rocket to Jordan Shipley in OT to steal the game.

Fmt told me on aim that his qb sucks and his WRs are in the 80s therefore his team is not auto win

Btw all game film should be available. Scout to your hearts content. Unless I decide to horde it all.

bluemax

Banned
Fmt told me on aim that his qb sucks and his WRs are in the 80s therefore his team is not auto win

Btw all game film should be available. Scout to your hearts content. Unless I decide to horde it all.

Yeah with his 10 TDs to 1 INT, what a scrub!

Also, my feelings about the Percy Harvin move in .gif form:

iDhjAAtVaycxD.gif

carrollstrut.gif

Mrbob

Brood War is the shit. Still my favorite expansion pack. I'm hoping Heart of the Swarm is the modern day Brood War.

I really, *really* like the AI adjustments and tweaks Blizzard has done to playing the CPU in the HoTS beta. Played a bunch of 2vs2 cpu with a friend, and the game auto adjusts levels after each victory or loss. You can see your difficulty progression via a bar from easy to brutal. Each difficulty has varying levels too that the game will tweak based on your performance.

AI is much more vicious now. Easy is still fairly easy, but moving into medium and definitely by hard difficulty the cpu starts using more advanced tactics. The ai will properly team up together, retreat and regroup if needed, or take out your expansions before attacking your main base. We could handle Very Hard and Brutal difficulty alright in WoL, but when we moved from Medium to Hard difficulty in HoTS beta we got clowned.

The XP leveling system is a small bonus, but a nice one. Those of us with leveling OCD will want to switch between using Protoss, Zerg, and Terran to get those individual levels up. The only rewards outside of extra portraits every so many levels, but there is just something about a post match progress going up that keeps you move engaged. Fucking Call of Duty.

You started with a much better offense than me and I told you not to whine as if you don't have an elite D as well. Not niners elite but the texans aren't exactly chopped liver!

eznark

Banned
Brood War is the shit. Still my favorite expansion pack. I'm hoping Heart of the Swarm is the modern day Brood War.

I really, *really* like the AI adjustments and tweaks Blizzard has done to playing the CPU in the HoTS beta. Played a bunch of 2vs2 cpu with a friend, and the game auto adjusts levels after each victory or loss. You can see your difficulty progression via a bar from easy to brutal. Each difficulty has varying levels too that the game will tweak based on your performance.

AI is much more vicious now. Easy is still fairly easy, but moving into medium and definitely by hard difficulty the cpu starts using more advanced tactics. The ai will properly team up together, retreat and regroup if needed, or take out your expansions before attacking your main base. We could handle Very Hard and Brutal difficulty alright in WoL, but when we moved from Medium to Hard difficulty in HoTS beta we got clowned.

The XP leveling system is a small bonus, but a nice one. Those of us with leveling OCD will want to switch between using Protoss, Zerg, and Terran to get those individual levels up. The only rewards outside of extra portraits every so many levels, but there is just something about a post match progress going up that keeps you move engaged. Fucking Call of Duty.

Any reason to buy it at one place versus any other?

Mrbob

BigAT going to make Yoshichan cry, lol.

Any reason to buy it at one place versus any other?

I don't think so. Blizzard doesn't play the pre order game with retailers. If you want limited content buy the special edition. I have my amazon copy ordered and shall play it when it is here tomorrow night!

Unless you want to play at midnight tonight then you can buy the digital version direct from Blizzard.

LukeSmith

No Mercy Percy. Good thing I learned how to use him back in the day on NCAA. Fly sweeps all up in this bitch.

I almost have an auto win D this year in Madden. My opponents so far this season are at exactly 50% completions!

I guarantee you that I will complete more than 50% of my passes against you!

Why do you think I ran Carolina against Smokey? I wanted to look at dat Bluemax book

bluemax

Banned
I guarantee you that I will complete more than 50% of my passes against you!

Why do you think I ran Carolina against Smokey? I wanted to look at dat Bluemax book

Yeah I totalled up those numbers and was like, "well this is cool but it won't last since my next two games are Luke and Birdman."

Also, I really hope they redo Seattle's playbook next year. I like some of it more than the Carolina book. If I could combine parts of the two I'd be happy. I like Seattle's traditional running plays more, and even some of the pass plays.

BigAT

I honestly thought Cola was trolling the NFL thread when he posted it. "At least make it something more realistic," I thought.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Boldin is a nice upgrade from moss

Also the 9ers building dream team 3.0. We all know how that turned out

Top Bottom