• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Ramirez

Did any of you catch the Marino/Brady interview before the game? Brady was sitting like a total vagina through out the entire thing, lol.

I was pissed the Ravens won, but then I realized I wouldn't have been any happier if the Pats won, so fuck it. I don't want the Niners to win because I don't want FMT to be happy, what a conundrum.

BigAT

Did any of you catch the Marion/Brady interview before the game? Brady was sitting like a total vagina through out the entire thing, lol.

I was pissed the Ravens won, but then I realized I wouldn't have been any happier if the Pats won, so fuck it. I don't want the Niners to win because I don't want FMT to be happy, what a conundrum.

Was that the one with those awful white shoes? Yeah, that was embarrassing to watch.

That's what she said. :(

thats-the-joke.png

Sokantish

I feel like I've had this 460 forever... I need to upgrade! I couldn't even run The Witcher 2 at full settings. So I quit the game immediately

i have a gtx 560 ti and it does the job on most games up to this point. i don't think there is any real advantage to getting a gtx 690 right NOW, but obviously it will be a while before you would have to upgrade again

Considering my budget for the entire PC is around $750(no monitor) I wont be getting a 690 anytime soon. I was browsing the cards and that one stuck out. I am used to seeing $400-$500 cards but i don't remember seeing such expensive cards back in the day! That is just insane...

Considering my budget for the entire PC is around $750(no monitor) I wont be getting a 690 anytime soon. I was browsing the cards and that one stuck out. I am used to seeing $400-$500 cards but i don't remember seeing such expensive cards back in the day! That is just insane...

the one i built was about $700 (before monitor) and it has an intel i5, gtx 560 ti. it still runs most games pretty well. i had to update the drivers for far cry 3 and it's running smooth for me now (40-45 fps on "highest", 60+ fps on medium)

Rorschach

Check the budget pc thread. Haven't checked it since like last year, but they have rigs they plan for you based on your budget.

the one i built was about $700 (before monitor) and it has an intel i5, gtx 560 ti. it still runs most games pretty well. i had to update the drivers for far cry 3 and it's running smooth for me now (40-45 fps on "highest", 60+ fps on medium)

Yeah that is all i am hoping for. I would like to be able to run most games pretty well. I don't think i am going to upgrade to nextbox and PS4 right away and I'm burnt out on the current gen. So i hope it lasts me for a while...

Check the budget pc thread. Haven't checked it since like last year, but they have rigs they plan for you based on your budget.

I've been reading the thread since ya'll convinced me to just build my own! I built one from the OP for ~$800

Intel i5 quad core 3.4ghz
HD7850 2GB
8gig ram

Hopefully that is good enough. Reading all these benchmark tests and all the numbers for the different cards are starting to blend together :(

bluemax

Banned
I built a budget PC using a guide on Tom's Hardware back in 2010. I'm still using that PC to this day.

Its pretty shitty by today's standards but it runs most of the stuff I want to play.

I'd like to upgrade it this year, but my first priorities are squaring up my bills and then replacing my dead car.

My old as dirt specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66 GHZ
4 GB of RAM
Radeon HD 4850 512 MB of RAM
Windows 7 x64

LJ11

I've been a laptop only guy for a long time, I've contemplated building a desktop again so I can do some video work, nothing too crazy. I just don't want some monster tower with loud fans. An iMac is probably more in line with what I want to put in my house. Form factor is my biggest concern, I have the room Im just not sure I'll actually use it much, doubt I'll play games on it. Just want an easy solution.

Mrbob

If you want something modern without paying a ton of money get a 660TI. $299.99 for the card. At 1080P it will serve you well for a long time.

Sometimes you can find stuff on clearance. My local best buy is blowing out 560 and 560TI models for cheap. My local best buy had EVGA 560TI cards on clearance for 175. Which is cheaper than I've seen online.

Smokey

The 690 is two 680s on one board. Less heat, noise, and runs cooler than having two separate cards in your system. I had one before I went back to my 2x 580s. Those cards have a market. For myself SLI (two video cards) is pretty much a requirement as I game at 2560x1600. Without SLI my frames are shit (console quality 30 fps). For a standard 1920x1080 monitor its kind of overkill unless you want to just load up on image quality settings.

Do you have a preference for nvidia or AMD?

Also I have some parts I can give you if you'd like. I have a cpu cooler, power supply and some other odds and ends if you want to save some money.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CPU:

- x64 Architecture

- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)

- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache

- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache

- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources

- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor

- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads

- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle

- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:

- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)

- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)

- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.

- Hard drive is always present

- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

The bolded is the only thing that scares me. Only 8 total GB of RAM is on the light side. I'm sure whatever the next MS OS is will have even more bells and whistles, and that's before the actual graphics.

Smokey

That's not light at all. There's only 512mb in the 360 now. Even for pcs 4gb is usually recommend and you have to account for Windows etc. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Microsoft has more memory than Sony, but Sonys memory is extremely fast.

eznark

Banned
Wouldn't 8 gigs of ram be a ton for a console?

All this stuff is tough to quantify with just numbers because it's not just a material issue, it's an architectural issue. If they put it together efficiently and give people the tools and know how, they can turn a mediocre-spec'd machine into a powerhouse.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You're right but you have to assume these consoles will be around for another 5-7 years. I'm just worried whether or not it will be enough for that lifespan.

Smokey

Wouldn't 8 gigs of ram be a ton for a console?

All this stuff is tough to quantify with just numbers because it's not just a material issue, it's an architectural issue. If they put it together efficiently and give people the tools and know how, they can turn a mediocre-spec'd machine into a powerhouse.

It will most likely be 6gb because they'll need to set some aside for all of the other crap they want to run on the system.

But as I mentioned earlier the 360 only has 512mb in it which is comical nowadays. 1080p should be standard next gen. I expect to seem some psn or xbla games to be 4k too especially from Sony.

Smokey

Wii u is really gonna get shit on with third parties. Going from (potentially) 6gb of ram on Durango and 4gb on Orbis to the Wii U 1gb. Cmon son.

Not to mention that 50gb Blu ray drive on the Durango and most likely the orbis...

Good job Nintendo

This week:
Pats-Jets (Probably tonight)
Cards-Rams (Tonight)
Bills-Colts (?)
Raiders-Broncos (Is Crow alive?)

And looking ahead to next week...

Bucs-Seahawks
Broncos-Chargers
Titans-Bills
Falcons-Saints
Raiders-Jets
Texans-Packers
Colts-Jaguars
Steelers-Ravens
Bears-Rams
Browns-Chiefs
Vikings-Panthers
Cardinals-49ers
Patriots-Bengals
Giants-Redskins

Mrbob

Tonight and tomorrow won't be free into 9 or 10 central. Wednesday I'll be available almost any time after 4:30 central.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fuck this super bowl, I don't even think I'll watch it. Niners D versus the mediocre offense of the Ravens will be a complete joke of a game.

TheCrow

will you send me your diet and how you cook shit so I know how to eat healthy

I'd be glad to help but I don't know how useful it would be. I don't really eat "healthy". I'm currently bulking so I eat whatever I can find which usually means a ton of mcdoubles and mcchickens. When I want to lose weight I just toss a pounds of chicken on my george foreman and have that for dinner.

Mrbob

Regarding next gen I find it funny to see Nintendo fanboys pop into those threads and assume Microsoft and Sony are making loser bros consoles when both of them will destroy the WiiU spec wise. I think PS 4 will end up being the better gaming console as it seems ms is trying to truly be at the center of the living room with the next Xbox. Though they both seem similar in terms of power multi platform game should be nearly the same.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Regarding next gen I find it funny to see Nintendo fanboys pop into those threads and assume Microsoft and Sony are making loser bros consoles when both of them will destroy the WiiU spec wise. I think PS 4 will end up being the better gaming console as it seems ms is trying to truly be at the center of the living room with the next Xbox. Though they both seem similar in terms of power multi platform game should be nearly the same.

trumanshow-jimcarrey-whoyoutalkingto.gif

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
will you send me your diet and how you cook shit so I know how to eat healthy

Are you working out and/or trying to bulk?

I was always a pretty skinny dude myself. What helped the most was incorporating a lot of fatty foods into my diet while going heavy weights. The "good" fats help your body produce testosterone. Test production is key for muscle growth. I incorporated a lot of extra virgin olive oil, salmon, tuna, eggs etc into my diet. I use to put EVOO into my after workout shake. Also, if you're trying to grow, carbs are essential for you. Don't let some know nothing tell you carbs are bad.

Mrbob

Is Sony finally understanding digital pricing? Bumping PS plus prices from fifty to seventy five percent off for their new year sale.

Top Bottom