• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

The 690 is two 680s on one board. Less heat, noise, and runs cooler than having two separate cards in your system. I had one before I went back to my 2x 580s. Those cards have a market. For myself SLI (two video cards) is pretty much a requirement as I game at 2560x1600. Without SLI my frames are shit (console quality 30 fps). For a standard 1920x1080 monitor its kind of overkill unless you want to just load up on image quality settings.

Do you have a preference for nvidia or AMD?

Also I have some parts I can give you if you'd like. I have a cpu cooler, power supply and some other odds and ends if you want to save some money.

Ahhh okay, that makes a little more sense in reference to price. I'd love to built a beast of a rig with something like that one day. 1080p is more than good enough for me now though

Nah it doesn't really matter to me. I am leaning towards the 7850 right now cause he seems to benchmark better than the nvidia cards in the same price range. Except for BF3 in which they are about even.

I should be ready to start building around the middle of next month(need to make sure i can afford it first) - I will hit you up around that time for spare parts. Thanks man!

LiveWire

Congrats on the 6th SB appearance FMT! I'm rooting for the Niners to get #6.

So the Steelers aren't the only franchise with 6 SBs

Also, special shout-out to all of us out there with teams who have had SB championships. This time of year I get sentimental thinking of how awesome and special a championship season is as we get ready to say goodbye to the greatest sport in the world for 6 months.

That durango thread was interesting for a bit before everyone decided to shit it up with stupid un-funny lists :/

There is seriously about 10 pages of the shit

Mrbob

Yeah I only skim those threads as reading the whole thing will give you a giant headache.

I think the most interesting aspect of Durango is the HDMI input. This alone tells us ms is making a big push to be the center of everything with the next Xbox.

I think the most interesting aspect of Durango is the HDMI input. This alone tells us ms is making a big push to be the center of everything with the next Xbox.

Didn't MS give the 360 DVR functionality but US cable companies flipped their shit and so it was only offered internationally? I suspect the US will get robbed again if this is the case.

LukeSmith

Early Season Storylines:

Surprises!
  • Pheenix: 6-0
  • Rinsler: 2-3 (already equaling his win total from last season)

Division Winners Turned Trashcan
  • eznark: 1-4
  • Ramirez: 2-4 "My new TV is too hard to play on"
  • DCX: 1-4

If the playoffs started now, Wild Card divisions:
  • AFC South
  • AFC East
  • NFC South
  • NFC East

rinse82

Early Season Storylines:

Surprises!

• AFC South
  • AFC East
  • NFC South
  • NFC East

I was beating pheeniks 17-0 at the start of the 4th quarter of our game too! =(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Congrats on the 6th SB appearance FMT! I'm rooting for the Niners to get #6.

So the Steelers aren't the only franchise with 6 SBs

Also, special shout-out to all of us out there with teams who have had SB championships. This time of year I get sentimental thinking of how awesome and special a championship season is as we get ready to say goodbye to the greatest sport in the world for 6 months.

I was thinking about this during the Hawks/Falcons game. I feel incredibly lucky to have seen my football team win two and my baseball team win five. If only my parents got me into football when I was younger I could have seen LT and Parcells win another two. :(

Sanjuro

Early Season Storylines:

Surprises!

• AFC South
  • AFC East
  • NFC South
  • NFC East

Give me some credit to why Ph33nix is winning that division! I won my Super Bowl.

I really could be 4-2 if Storybook held onto his 11 point lead in the 4th

Are you working out and/or trying to bulk?

I was always a pretty skinny dude myself. What helped the most was incorporating a lot of fatty foods into my diet while going heavy weights. The "good" fats help your body produce testosterone. Test production is key for muscle growth. I incorporated a lot of extra virgin olive oil, salmon, tuna, eggs etc into my diet. I use to put EVOO into my after workout shake. Also, if you're trying to grow, carbs are essential for you. Don't let some know nothing tell you carbs are bad.

Both, I am a tall skinny type with really high metabolism. I want to still eat happy but I know my diet oughta be better. I'll take your suggestions in though, if you have any way to make bland meat taste good I'm all for that too

Also, in all seriousness, does weed raise metabolism as I've heard before? (not sure if it's bullshit)

Ferny

Also, in all seriousness, does weed raise metabolism as I've heard before? (not sure if it's bullshit)
I've seen quite the opposite. Most of my friends that used to smoke heavy, got heavy themselves. Not sure what's the link and i'm sure it goes person to person but most of the heavy users of weed got fat. It could be activity level too. All but one was active at all in terms of sports, gym, and all that.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Both, I am a tall skinny type with really high metabolism. I want to still eat happy but I know my diet oughta be better. I'll take your suggestions in though, if you have any way to make bland meat taste good I'm all for that too

I started at 6'4" 180 lbs and went to 225 lbs in about a year and 2 months. I was really obsessively crazy about my eating. I was lucky with my work being a bit flexible at the time, but back when I did it I was eating approx 6200 calories a day. I've since gone to shit since I picked up a girlfriend and there's no sense to staying in shape while being in a relationship (haha). I kept a journal of that whole time, let me see if I can find it.

Yes, I am insane about keeping notes on everything

Splat

I started at 6'4" 180 lbs and went to 225 lbs in about a year and 2 months. I was really obsessively crazy about my eating. I was lucky with my work being a bit flexible at the time, but back when I did it I was eating approx 6200 calories a day. I've since gone to shit since I picked up a girlfriend and there's no sense to staying in shape while being in a relationship (haha). I kept a journal of that whole time, let me see if I can find it.

Yes, I am insane about keeping notes on everything

The notes are probably next to your "Splat's offensive tendencies" pamphlet.

eznark

Banned
Speaking of cooking, I'm making some jambalaya from scratch tonight but can't think of any good side dishes besides corn bread.

Is it really a surprise I've only won 1 game? Seven wins was the most I've ever had in this league.

First, you need to calculate how many calories you burn in a day just by being alive(basal metabolic rate) - there are calculators online. Here is a good one.

http://health.discovery.com/tools/calculators/basal/basal.html

Obviously you do more than just sit still all day so you will burn more calories than your BMR. If you want to get bigger you need to consume more calories than you BMR + your activity level. Keep in mind that clean bulking is a lot harder and work intensive than a dirty bulk. Healthy foods are generally not calorically dense, take longer to prepare and are more expense. You will see quite a bit of people dirty bulking cause you can eat whatever the hell you want. Swing by McD's and grab 3 double cheese burgers for $3.50 and you already hit 1200 calories. The downside to a dirty bulk is you put on more fat and you have to follow your bulking with a considerable cutting phase as well and those are never much fun.

I had the most success bulking when i doubled my BMR. My BMR is ~2000 calories a day and when i was bulking i averaged ~4000. Obviously everyone's body is different and you need to find what works for you.

You should start by tracking everything you eat in a day(i use fitday.com). You would be surprised how little you actually eat. When bulking, you are literally eating every 1.5-2 hours. So track your calories for the first week or so and be really strict with it. Once you have a baseline average, start upping the calories you take in to + 500 your average. If you can easily consume more then do more.

The most important thing to remember is how big do you want to be/how much do you want to weigh? If you want to be 190lbs, eat like a 190lb man. You see people all the time that want to be 220lbs but they eat like a woman.

eznark

Banned
myfitnesspal is a pretty good free app for tracking your intake. It break down everything, not just calories, so you can make sure that as you try and bulk you're getting enough protein, carbs, etc. Also tracks exercise so you know when you have to eat more.

TheCrow

I would use http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ to figure out your calories and macros. I then use myfitnesspal for tracking what I eat.

FYI: A clean bulk has nothing to do with what you eat. It's just how much of a calorie surplus you use. I'm doing a relatively clean bulk but I'm still able to eat plenty of fast food.

me
EZ
Crow

anyone else got chivs? I am here all day so I can go whenever. but I just ate a ton of panda express so I am probably passing out soon

Speaking of cooking, I'm making some jambalaya from scratch tonight but can't think of any good side dishes besides corn bread.

Is it really a surprise I've only won 1 game? Seven wins was the most I've ever had in this league.

I like polenta + rice and and redbeans with jumbalaya / gumbo. Corn on the Cob is always good with that stuff too.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So i was looking at the CAG front page when i stumbled upon the link to the thread for their Madden CCM. I glanced at the main post and noticed this:

PREVIOUS WINNERS:
MADDEN 09: Soodmeg (Titans)
MADDEN 10, Season 1: BigAT (Giants)
MADDEN 10, Season 2: Mr Grand Cru (Panthers)
MADDEN 10, Season 3: BigAT (Giants)
MADDEN 11, Season 1: Doomtime (Raiders)
MADDEN 11, Season 2: augmog (Broncos)
MADDEN 11, Season 3: augmog (Broncos)
MADDEN 12, Season 1: Doomtime (Chiefs)
MADDEN 12, Season 2: Mr Grand Cru (49ers)
MADDEN 12, Season 3: sprice8688 (Lions)
MADDEN 12, Season 4: sprice8688 (Lions)
MADDEN 12, Season 5: sprice8688 (Lions)
MADDEN 13, Season 1: augmog (Ravens)
MADDEN 13, Season 2: hemingway012 (Bucs)

You were the Levious of Madden 10!

I would use http://www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/ to figure out your calories and macros. I then use myfitnesspal for tracking what I eat.

FYI: A clean bulk has nothing to do with what you eat. It's just how much of a calorie surplus you use. I'm doing a relatively clean bulk but I'm still able to eat plenty of fast food.

I was more talking about the type of food you would be consuming. Your macro's will be considerably different eating fast food all the time vs eating chicken and rice to reach your caloric goals. I guess it tall depends on your macro's.

I always put on more fat when 'dirty' bulking because its so easy to hit a surplus and thus easier to go overboard. Eating 'clean' keeps me much more disciplined because you have to eat so much more.

edit---

also, here is a good thread for you to calculate your macros phee

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981

Top Bottom