• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

BigAT

So i was looking at the CAG front page when i stumbled upon the link to the thread for their Madden CCM. I glanced at the main post and noticed this:

PREVIOUS WINNERS:
MADDEN 09: Soodmeg (Titans)
MADDEN 10, Season 1: BigAT (Giants)
MADDEN 10, Season 2: Mr Grand Cru (Panthers)
MADDEN 10, Season 3: BigAT (Giants)
MADDEN 11, Season 1: Doomtime (Raiders)
MADDEN 11, Season 2: augmog (Broncos)
MADDEN 11, Season 3: augmog (Broncos)
MADDEN 12, Season 1: Doomtime (Chiefs)
MADDEN 12, Season 2: Mr Grand Cru (49ers)
MADDEN 12, Season 3: sprice8688 (Lions)
MADDEN 12, Season 4: sprice8688 (Lions)
MADDEN 12, Season 5: sprice8688 (Lions)
MADDEN 13, Season 1: augmog (Ravens)
MADDEN 13, Season 2: hemingway012 (Bucs)

You were the Levious of Madden 10!

Yeah, I was in that league for a while. Somehow I thought I had more Super Bowl wins than that, maybe a couple were in the fantasy draft league they ran. I bailed on it eventually because I got tired of dealing with some of the cheese/non-sim stuff they allowed, but it's a very well run league other than that.

BigAT

CJ must be unstoppable with user catch. Which would explain the lions domination!

Yes, dealing with user catch in a non-ballhawk world was probably the most frustrating of it. It was impossible to defend if the person was even halfway decent at it. Plus I gained absolutely zero benefit from it since I never did it, even over there. Combination of not having experience with it and not wanting to get in the habit for playing GAF games.

Speaking of other leagues, what happened to that noob league that Bluemax was going to set up???

Aren't people going to get 'fired' next year? We could use a relegation system

McNei1y

Madden game anyone?

chivalry is a pc game a bunch of us got during the steam sale. i am here but I feel a nap quickly approaching me. i can play nhl in a couple hours if you are still here. or maybe in fifteen

I'll be down to play later for sure.

McNei1y

We need to get a 5v5 Dota match going!!

I'm down to get one in at some point. I'm terrible but I want to play.

Oh... i thought i saw Luke mention it and he is a commish!

It was discussed before the season started and was never implemented. Unless something changes between now and next season, which is always possible, I doubt the system would be created since it may hurt consistent advances and could ruin the core of players we have now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wish I had the online roster's version of McFadden and Palmer. :( And Moore! Dude's a beast online.

GG Rors. I somehow ended up with the wrong offensive playbook when I changed my defensive one. Either way, too many picks, not enough point when reaching the redzone. Couldn't run at all since my guards refused to pick up McClain.

Rorschach

Forgot I also want Veldheer. Dude was tossing Wellie aside! You don't see that often.
GG Rors. I somehow ended up with the wrong offensive playbook when I changed my defensive one. Either way, too many picks, not enough point when reaching the redzone. Couldn't run at all since my guards refused to pick up McClain.
GG. Yeah, your line wasn't playing very well when rushing and mine was on fire.

eznark

Banned
I'm down to get one in at some point. I'm terrible but I want to play.

It was discussed before the season started and was never implemented. Unless something changes between now and next season, which is always possible, I doubt the system would be created since it may hurt consistent advances and could ruin the core of players we have now.

It didnt stop you from playing hockey!

LiveWire

The last time I played DOTA with gaffers - non-AT/Ferny and Trasher, my DotaBros - livewire was like 3-20 "but I got towers, bro"

What is the point of DOTA? To rack up a killcount or to destroy the enemy base? It's like you're bragging about your K/D ratio in a CTF game when another guy gets 3 flag captures to win the match.

bluemax

Banned
I feel like I havent played Madden in forever. McNeily or Sokanish either of you want to run a game?

What is the point of DOTA? To rack up a killcount or to destroy the enemy base? It's like you're bragging about your K/D ratio in a CTF game when another guy gets 3 flag captures to win the match.

While I sort of agree with you, in DotA2 if you're excessively negative then the amount of gold you've fed the enemy team far outweighs the benefit of whatever turrets you've destroyed.

The only time it is acceptable to go #YOLO and push towers on your own is when you are playing Nature's Prophet.

LiveWire

While I sort of agree with you, in DotA2 if you're excessively negative then the amount of gold you've fed the enemy team far outweighs the benefit of whatever turrets you've destroyed.

The only time it is acceptable to go #YOLO and push towers on your own is when you are playing Nature's Prophet.

I'm not saying feeding the other team is a formula for success. But having a negative, even poor K/D ratio doesn't mean you're failing, if you're pushing a lane and helping the team to the overall goal. And LoL did the same thing, better, years ago. DOTA2 will never eclipse it.

Ferny

Any PC gamers among you planning on playing Path of Exile?

http://www.pathofexile.com/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508601

Looks like it's a Diablo 2 fan's dream version of Diablo 3. Up to 6 player online co-op. Also 1v1 and 3v3 online PVP.

Completely free to play. Releases on Wednesday at 1PM Pacific.
I was talking to AT about the game a couple days ago. Been playing the beta for a couple months now and it's really a great game. It's what D3 should have been more like. It's F2P system is also quite favorable.

Birdman02

Bird, will you be around to hand me a loss tonight?

DCX

I'm not sure...maybe if it doesn't advance too late. I could've sworn I had a bye this week though.

CB3 said:
I go to school. Im more like DM Jr.

I feel like some of you guys should've graduated by now. It feels like some of you (not necessarily you in particular) have been in school forever....then I remember that you guys were probably in high school when I joined in '06.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm not sure...maybe if it doesn't advance too late. I could've sworn I had a bye this week though.

I feel like some of you guys should've graduated by now. It feels like some of you (not necessarily you in particular) have been in school forever....then I remember that you guys were probably in high school when I joined in '06.

I was infact in highschool in 06

Ferny

I'm not saying feeding the other team is a formula for success. But having a negative, even poor K/D ratio doesn't mean you're failing, if you're pushing a lane and helping the team to the overall goal.
The problem with that is that pushing the lane too much can actually be negative to your team in that it beefs up their own carry if the other team is playing correctly. You could totally go 3-7 and be a positive influence on your own team but more often than not, you are costing your team the game.

BigAT

This is valid, but completely inapplicable to the way you were playing. If I remember correctly you were buying back multiple times even after we asked you to stop and just feeding basically. Getting a Tier 1 tower is not worth 5 deaths, ever. Plus your team lost.

Top Bottom