• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Mrbob

FMT, you have a weird stance on HoTS. It has more additions and changes than any version of Madden.

Lego city undercover!

Playable in.....16 hours 31 minutes.

Oh my god fuck you Nintendo.

Eshop!

I already warned you. But you were so sure it would be fast because Bit Trip Runner 2 downloaded fast!

We can both play this game tomorrow sometime.

FMT, you have a weird stance on HoTS. It has more additions and changes than any version of Madden.

Eshop!

I already warned you. But you were so sure it would be fast because Bit Trip Runner 2 downloaded fast!

We can both play this game tomorrow sometime.

Madden is a yearly sports game. I expect small additions every year. Starcraft 2 had no business being split up and sold for $40 a pop and saying "hey there are 20 new shitty single player campaign missions! Plus there are like 4 new units! Incredible!"

You could sell FMT poop if you talked him up enough about it.

you don't have to sell me on shit bruh!

but no, i shant be purchasing heart of the swarm for anything over $20 which is about what its worth. it should honestly be a $10 expansion pack at most. Blizzard sold everyone an incomplete $60 starcraft 2

Sokantish

tell me how heart of the swarm warrants a $40 purchase
I guess because that's how much it costs. I don't know what you're looking for here. Expansions for blizzard games have always been $20 cheaper and have introduced a smaller amount of missions with some new mp units and maybe some other stuff. You seem to be under the impression that right before they released sc2 they took 40 missions out of the game and then decided to take out mp units out just so they can spread them out over two more games. There's no way to know for sure but I just really don't think that happened

I guess because that's how much it costs. I don't know what you're looking for here. Expansions for blizzard games have always been $20 cheaper and have introduced a smaller amount of missions with some new mp units and maybe some other stuff. You seem to be under the impression that right before they released sc2 they took 40 missions out of the game and then decided to take out mp units out just so they can spread them out over two more games. There's no way to know for sure but I just really don't think that happened

they had over 10 years to work on this game. so, they take those 10 years and release star craft 2 which is clearly an incomplete game. they always intended to split this up and charge $60/40/40 (there is another "expansion" coming in 2 years or 3 years or whatever).

what exactly did they add? here are the features as listed on amazon:

An all-new, Zerg-based campaign, that focuses on Kerrigan, the erstwhile 'Queen of Blades'
Access to approximately 20 new missions
The release of new StarCraft II units and new maps
Improvements to Battle.net, including StarCraft Marketplace, timed to coincide with the release of Heart of the Swarm
New multiplayer options, including group and clan systems, unranked matchmaking, global play enabling players to battle others in different regions around the world, multiplayer replays, additional stat tracking, and others
A leveling system that gives Heart of the Swarm players a new way to earn customization options for their online profiles
PC and Mac system compatibility ensures that everyone can play

1. oh sweet new single player missions.... alright
2. new units and new maps? cool on the new units. who gives a shit about new maps? was starcraft ever lacking in maps?
3. improvements to battle.net..... geeee! starcraft marketplace! don't they update battle.net frequently anyways?
4. ok clans, replays, etc. lol this is new? so none of this shit was in SC2? they spent 10 years on a game and can't even get basic shit in?
5. leving system is cool
6. pc and mac can play, thumbs up

so you see, these features are fine. the problem is they worked on sc2 for 10 years and some of this shit is pretty basic and makes no sense that it wasn't in to start. This looks like a $10 expansion to me!

eznark

Banned
I can't tell if FMT is being serious or a joke character at this point.

If he is really this dumb I'd like to ask his boss why FMT is worth the minimum wage he is getting paid.

Tomb Raider should be a $10 Vita game. It's less than 10 hours. It's not worth $60.

Ramirez

hear hear!

even after i got the pistol and shotgun and machine gun i still use the arrow. it's so fucking sweet headshotting people with the arrow. plus the game looks awesome on pc you console peasant!

My PC could run it, fuck you! I just prefer to be able to trade these games in after I'm done with them. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually paid money for a game, lol.

If he is really this dumb I'd like to ask his boss why FMT is worth the minimum wage he is getting paid.

Tomb Raider should be a $10 Vita game. It's less than 10 hours. It's not worth $60.

no, it would be the equivalent of tomb raider coming out in 2010 for $60. then 3 years later they release an expansion that lets you go to a new island and has a couple new weapons but it costs $40.

value is all relative to the person. you may very well consider the starcraft "update" to be worth $40, OR MORE!, but i don't

Mrbob

There were always different versions of SC2 being planned. Many got scrapped before Blizzard finally decided on a design in 2005. This SC2 development video is actually pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvLsOF-c0_0

Goes through the inception of the current version of SC2 in 2005 to the final version we see in 2010. Blizzard literally spent a couple years polishing the game before release. Mainly because they can since they don't rely on a current release for income. Dat WoW moneyZ.

Smokey

Don't be that naïve it's entirely possible that is what happened. Spread it out over x amount of years and keep money coming in along with WoW.

This is the same company that ruined Diablo 3 with that stupid Auction House.

if neither one gives a shit then yeah

and 2nd part to that question, smokey can you play OUR game tonight if it does vance?

No.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
if neither one gives a shit then yeah

and 2nd part to that question, smokey can you play OUR game tonight if it does vance?

I don't think we're advancing tonight. Smokey and I can't play till Tuesday, however, if we're the last game -- I think we can just sim it, as I get the sense neither of us is returning a value from the get_fucks_given()

Not till tomorrow

Don't be that naïve it's entirely possible that is what happened. Spread it out over x amount of years and keep money coming in along with WoW.

This is the same company that ruined Diablo 3 with that stupid Auction House.

No.

well do you and luke want me to simit or do you want to play?

Mrbob

All these new games being found out because of Steam achievement leaks.

Killing Floor 2 all over my face.

Edit: It's only FMT approved DLC. :( Why make a new game in the first place?

Top Bottom