• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

ive been meaning to get back to Xcom but i have too many games.

soka what is the point of Civ5? or any civ? what is the end game? i've played for a few hours this weekend and i guess i've been entertained. kind of bullshit when the queen of england randomly aligns with people or goes to war with people and then removes those deals. England declares war on a small singapore so i start going to town on them (england is about as big as me and i dont feel like fucking with a super power right now). then in the middle of my business they become friends again and the queen says RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE WE DONT TAKE KINDLY TO YOU ATTACKING OUR ALLIES!

i feel like just going to war with england and getting the inevitable over with! but i don't have enough of an army to do it

Sokantish

The point is to win, duh! I wouldn't really trust the AI, also always expect them to declare war on you and IF they declare war on another AI they will sign a peace treaty as soon as they are able to and then probably 10-15 turns later they will both declare war on you. The barbarians cheat too.

I guess if you don't like your chances against England now you should wait until you get a jump in tech and then declare war, like once you jump to musketmen and cannons.

The point is to win, duh! I wouldn't really trust the AI, also always expect them to declare war on you and IF they declare war on another AI they will sign a peace treaty as soon as they are able to and then probably 10-15 turns later they will both declare war on you. The barbarians cheat too.

I guess if you don't like your chances against England now you should wait until you get a jump in tech and then declare war, like once you jump to musketmen and cannons.

oh nice, i haven't gotten that far with my tech. also i just got my first "war general hero" guy. what is the point of this person? is he like a super soldier where i can destroy everyone with him? so far i just see he gives minor stat boosts to surrounding soldiers and then if i sacrafice him or whatever then i enter a "golden age".

also i would sign a life time peace treaty with you if you were in my civ5 world, soka

Sokantish

oh nice, i haven't gotten that far with my tech. also i just got my first "war general hero" guy. what is the point of this person? is he like a super soldier where i can destroy everyone with him? so far i just see he gives minor stat boosts to surrounding soldiers and then if i sacrafice him or whatever then i enter a "golden age".

also i would sign a life time peace treaty with you if you were in my civ5 world, soka
Yeah with Great Generals you want to keep them surrounded by your army or on the same tile as a strong unit so that way he doesn't die, they don't actually have any attack/HP so if you leave them open someone can just kill them instantly. Their only use is to boost the effectiveness of your army when he's near them or you can use them to build a citadel on your civ's tile or a tile adjacent to your civ's borders. They can help spread your borders and give defensive bonuses for any soldier sitting in it. Don't build them on resources, you should be improving those with actual good improvements.

Zep

Banned

capt976d189c7e6649d4b61e649f4aba9f2.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Does the first bioshock have any relation to infinite? I'm charging through the first right now because I never beat it so I'm just curious if anything is known about that.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Also I'll be getting Luigi's Mansion at some point this week if any of you wanna play online

Wake me when we get to a game 7. You and pheeniks have much in common in that area.

You'll win a game here or there against me, but you'll never win a series.

you need to stop being a bitch and pretending like you are shit...

let us lay out the facts: once you started getting your ass pushed in consistently with houston you decided that you just had to use the best teams in the game (while still managing to remind everyone of that one win you got with them in november)

when the heat were in the beasley era I didn't have to sell my soul to win like you

eznark

Banned
Anyone want a cheap copy of Xcom?

I pre ordered Bioshock Infinite from Amazon and will have a code for Xcom coming in the next couple days. Already own the game. I'll sell it for the low low paypal price of $10.

Time for Marquette to feast later in the week.

You ass.

Smokey

you need to stop being a bitch and pretending like you are shit...

let us lay out the facts: once you started getting your ass pushed in consistently with houston you decided that you just had to use the best teams in the game (while still managing to remind everyone of that one win you got with them in november)

when the heat were in the beasley era I didn't have to sell my soul to win like you

The facts are I made you have an epic meltdown and you were blown out live and in primetime. Suck it.

Oh and I also have tape of when I waxed your ass by 20+ multiple times with the Rockets. But keep spouting that good ish phee! Bu Bu Bu that was in October! Yeah you still got blown out AND rage quit as the Miami Heat against the Houston Rockets. I can't remember the last time I rage quit, but I'm sure you can name some of yours pretty easily. You also haven't won a series in a league or outside of a league since we started playing. So in what...5-6 years? Damn son.

Those are the facts

We could play sometime this week and I will beat you by 10+ with the Rockets this aint what ya want phee

rinse82

GG GCQ. Your guys dropped a lot of picks so I shouldn't really have been in overtime but my run defense died in OT and then your tight end made that amazing catch past two of my guys where he Houdinied to the ball lol

My fucking right tackle....I spent a second rounder on his worthless ass

lol there is a giant clusterfuck of 4-4 teams in the AFC right now

Jacksonville has entered the AFC playoff picture.

There are like 6 teams at 4-4 lol

The facts are I made you have an epic meltdown and you were blown out live and in primetime. Suck it.

Oh and I also have tape of when I waxed your ass by 20+ multiple times with the Rockets. But keep spouting that good ish phee! Bu Bu Bu that was in October! Yeah you still got blown out AND rage quit as the Miami Heat against the Houston Rockets. I can't remember the last time I rage quit, but I'm sure you can name some of yours pretty easily. You also haven't won a series in a league or outside of a league since we started playing. So in what...5-6 years? Damn son.

Those are the facts

We could play sometime this week and I will beat you by 10+ with the Rockets this aint what ya want phee

It wasn't in October because I didn't buy the game until BLACK friday, you fucking liar. some people have more dignity than to buy 2k on day one. and I've rage quit once this season, so keep exaggerating!

Facts my ass

also you keep spouting out tape will you fucking bring it out already so people can see what a hack player you are and what a trash game this is

Also, flavor of the day. you won the last game but that conveniently makes you forget about the other games where i whooped your ass and made you cry about the heat. so suck my wang

ps perhaps in the next game the CPU won't grant you 11 fouls at the basket in one quarter

Smokey

It wasn't in October because I didn't buy the game until BLACK friday, you fucking liar. some people have more dignity than to buy 2k on day one. and I've rage quit once this season, so keep exaggerating!

Facts my ass

also you keep spouting out tape will you fucking bring it out already so people can see what a hack player you are and what a trash game this is

Also, flavor of the day. you won the last game but that conveniently makes you forget about the other games where i whooped your ass and made you cry about the heat. so suck my wang

ps perhaps in the next game the CPU won't grant you 11 fouls at the basket in one quarter

Stop spamming X button and fouling out. Reach with skill son. It's an art. Yes you have won games.. But the fact is you have never won a series against me. You've had plenty of chances but when it's nut cuttin time.. You meltdown like last week. EAD.

Stop spamming X button and fouling out. Reach with skill son. It's an art. Yes you have won games.. But the fact is you have never won a series against me. You've had plenty of chances but when it's nut cuttin time.. You meltdown like last week. EAD.

yeah sorry if my skill of reaching at a man's crotch isn't as superb as yours

hey why don't we play another series where you use your houston rockets since you're so awesome and you can whoop my ass with them right? that's what you've been saying this whole time!

Smokey

hey why don't we play another series where you use your houston rockets since you're so awesome and you can whoop my ass with them right? that's what you've been saying this whole time!

Sure thing. I'll give you another chance.

Maybe this time you won't waste both parties time and sack up and do something. Or maybe you'll meltdown again!

I dedicate this convo to BigAT. I was minding my own business until cb brought 2k up and then Pheeniks jumps on with his false, baseless claims. I am then forced to defend myself against obvious slander of my name

BigAT

Does the first bioshock have any relation to infinite? I'm charging through the first right now because I never beat it so I'm just curious if anything is known about that.
I don't think there's any true relation between the two. They could theoretically exist in the same universe and I'm sure there may be a wink and nod to the original Bioshock in Infinite, but as far as I know the stories are unrelated.

What about the Bioshock 2? I'm somewhere in the middle of it and wondering if I should just play infinite instead.

I would definitely finish it. I think BS2 gets unfairly dismissed as a bad game, when it definitely is not, just because it's not as good as the original. I think it's worth finishing for sure. If I remember correctly the game isn't crazy long so I don't think it would take you too many hours to finish it, plus my favorite parts of it were the segments towards the end.

BigAT

The Minerva's Den DLC is really good too. It's also a shining example in an otherwise murky pool of shit for how DLC should be done without being insulting to the consumer.

Smokey

I'm betting there's a twist in infinite that relates it back to at least b1 since this same team, for the most part worked in it

Like that game ends and b1 starts or something like that

Sanjuro

Bioshock 2 gave me the same vibe as KOTOR 2. I just reached a certain point until I realized I was playing the exact same title, shut it off after. Still thinking about trying Infinite tomorrow.

Mrbob

I'm not as nice a Somnia though. 10 dollars cash. Cheaper than you can find anywhere else. Not a charity here.

DealWithIt.gif

I got the code from Amazon this morning.

Top Bottom