• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

bluemax

Banned
What about the Bioshock 2? I'm somewhere in the middle of it and wondering if I should just play infinite instead.

Infinite has nothing to do with the other Bioshock games.

I've heard differing opinions on BS2 but I haven't played it yet so I can't say if its worth it or not.

Ramirez

Bioshock 2's combat was vastly superior, story was weaker though. They're both 2 of my favorite games this gen though, more so the first one. The first one just kinda falls apart towards the end though.

Mrbob

Lol, if I wanted to make big money off it I'd sell it more. That's fine. I'll just throw the game into my Steam inventory for future trade.

BigAT

Sure thing. I'll give you another chance.

Maybe this time you won't waste both parties time and sack up and do something. Or maybe you'll meltdown again!

I dedicate this convo to BigAT. I was minding my own business until cb brought 2k up and then Pheeniks jumps on with his false, baseless claims. I am then forced to defend myself against obvious slander of my name

It's not even that I care about you guys talking about another game. It's just embarrassing and uncomfortable to be forced to watch the three of you feign some awful attempt at shittalking while you all desperately attempt to claim the crown for a throne no one deserves. "Oh you might have won that game, but I have the lead in our series of games played on a neutral court dating back to last October so take that! SALTSALTSALT" As far as I can tell you're all pretty mediocre and anytime you lose it's never your fault, but the fault of the team you picked.

Smokey

It's not even that I care about you guys talking about another game. It's just embarrassing and uncomfortable to be forced to watch the three of you feign some awful attempt at shittalking while you all desperately attempt to claim the crown for a throne no one deserves. "Oh you might have won that game, but I have the lead in our series of games played on a neutral court dating back to last October so take that! SALTSALTSALT" As far as I can tell you're all pretty mediocre and anytime you lose it's never your fault, but the fault of the team you picked.

Go eat some cereal or get a coffee man

It's really not that serious, and you're free to ignore the posts that you don't want to respond to. That's usually how it works. But since you made it known that it annoys you I give you special shout outs.

eznark

Banned
I'm probably going to grab it tonight, assuming my stupid replacement credit card shows up today.

My second WiiU ac adapter should be here today too! Can't wait!

eznark

Banned
Astros are all the buzz today thanks to potentially the worst sports column ever written.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/danny-knobler/21939636/astros-camp-report-this-could-get-ugly-but-the-bloggers-love-it

BigAT

Astros are all the buzz today thanks to potentially the worst sports column ever written.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/d...-this-could-get-ugly-but-the-bloggers-love-it

Are there really people that are optimistic about the Astros this season? Now I've heard it all.

So how about that Vernon Wells trade? Pretty disappointed with it as a Yankees fan, even if they are paying "only" $13M of his remaining salary. I think "only" gets to be used since that lump is somehow due $42M over the next two seasons. But the guy is done, his splits last season against lefties were .227/.298/.373. Fucking awful. Beyond all that, the Angels deserve to be forced to pay the remainder of that awful contract. Screw the Yankees for relieving them of even a portion of it.

eznark

Banned
Are there really people that are optimistic about the Astros this season? Now I've heard it all.

So how about that Vernon Wells trade? Pretty disappointed with it as a Yankees fan, even if they are paying "only" $13M of his remaining salary. I think "only" gets to be used since that lump is somehow due $42M over the next two seasons. But the guy is done, his splits last season against lefties were .227/.298/.373. Fucking awful. Beyond all that, the Angels deserve to be forced to pay the remainder of that awful contract. Screw the Yankees for relieving them of even a portion of it.

lol no, did you read the article?

At least the Yankees didn't give up the 17th overall pick for Kyle Fucking Lohse. I'm going to go hang myself now.

bluemax

Banned

The Angels dealt Wells to the Yankees? Holy shit I missed this.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
lol wtf. There was a lot of talk of the Rangers signing Lohse. Whatever, teams give out their first round picks like candy. It won't kill your boys.

Fuck the Vernon Wells signing. Dude was beyond done and had the worst contract in baseball. Now, even with getting some cash from the Angels, the Yankees have the two worst contracts in the majors by far. It's impossible to believe that we couldn't just suffer for a few months with a kid from AAA rather than take on this waste of roster space and money.

rinse82

"Hey Alex, did you hear? The Yankees just acquired Vernon Wells"

Alex -

alex-anthopoulos_940-8col.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Yankees are gonna be so much fun to watch this year. Especially if Yuni ends up getting significant time at SS.

Yuni or Nuni? I'd gladly take Yunel Escobar.

This is great, from Wells' Wiki:

On January 21, 2011, Wells was traded to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, in exchange for catcher Mike Napoli and outfielder Juan Rivera.[9] Wells started out the season in a horrible fashion, hitting below the Mendoza Line through the first month-and-a-half of the 2011 season. At the All-Star break, his batting average improved to .222. Wells "heated up" during the months of June and July, hitting 11 home runs combined in those months, after hitting only four in the previous two. In his first game back in Toronto on August 12, Wells received a standing ovation before his first at bat, and followed that up by taking the first pitch of the at bat thrown by Brandon Morrow over the left-center field fence. In 2011, he batted .218, the lowest batting average of all major league ballplayers with 512 or more plate appearances, and also had the lowest on base percentage (.248).[10]

mastershake where's the maddengaf region for SimCity?

I gifted eznark one of the greatest games of all time.

This weekend for sure!

I am still trying to perfect my oil city design. First two went bankrupt at ~30,000 ppl and ~160,000 ppl :(

Second one I think i just grew too quick. All the sudden everyone was sick, there were fires everywhere, and crime was rampant. Gotta make sure I have the services in place to support my huge population of idiots

BigAT

lol no, did you read the article?

At least the Yankees didn't give up the 17th overall pick for Kyle Fucking Lohse. I'm going to go hang myself now.

Just glanced through it honestly. Believe it or not, but reading about the Astros is not especially interesting to me. It seemed to imply though that some delusional people are saying they'll be decent? The idea that ANYONE, even non-objective fans, could be optimistic on the Astros is crazy to me.

The Yankees are gonna be so much fun to watch this year. Especially if Yuni ends up getting significant time at SS.

Eduardo Nunez is set as the current replacement at SS right now, not that it makes me feel any better. Guy is the biggest defensive liability in the field that I have ever seen.

eznark

Banned
Just glanced through it honestly. Believe it or not, but reading about the Astros is not especially interesting to me. It seemed to imply though that some delusional people are saying they'll be decent? The idea that ANYONE, even non-objective fans, could be optimistic on the Astros is crazy to me.

Eduardo Nunez is set as the current replacement at SS right now, not that it makes me feel any better. Guy is the biggest defensive liability in the field that I have ever seen.

No, the Astros hired a bunch of analytical types, including some prominent Baseball Prospectus people, to their front office. As such, the "blogger types" think they will be good in the future and that tearing it down now is smart. The "scouts" think the Astros will be terrible this year (everyone agrees on this). The writer of that article someone thinks these two lines of thinking are mutually exclusive. Totally bizarre article.

Yuni or Nuni? I'd gladly take Yunel Escobar.
I assume he meant Yuni Bettancourt.

BigAT

No, the Astros hired a bunch of analytical types, including some prominent Baseball Prospectus people, to their front office. As such, the "blogger types" think they will be good in the future and that tearing it down now is smart. The "scouts" think the Astros will be terrible this year (everyone agrees on this). The writer of that article someone thinks these two lines of thinking are mutually exclusive. Totally bizarre article.

Oh, maybe just trying to antagonize and capitalize on the old-school vs. new-school dialog that popped up during the AL MVP debate last year? Not a fan of that type of thinking, the artificial divisiveness of it, in general.

Mrbob

Looooooooolllllll at the Brewers big pitching signing.

Shake, you're lucky, the rest of Madden GAF whining ( who wouldn't give you anything anyway ) have broken me down. Hit me up on AIM and I'll give you the key. Free game in honor of Kyle Lohse being on the Brewers.

Sokantish

Shake, you're lucky, the rest of Madden GAF whining ( who wouldn't give you anything anyway ) have broken me down. Hit me up on AIM and I'll give you the key.

Whatever dude, if mastershake asked me I would TOTALLY give him as many copies of DOTA 2 that he wanted

eznark

Banned

Shake, you're lucky, the rest of Madden GAF whining ( who wouldn't give you anything anyway ) have broken me down. Hit me up on AIM and I'll give you the key.

You did the right thing, Bob.

Top Bottom