• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wow, I tried playing the multiplayer mode on Luigi's Mansion and it crashed my 3DS. That's a new one.

I had my ds Crash in sleep mode in the menu after Not being opening for a long time. That's it.

I played a 10 floor polterpup match earlier and two of the guys quit midway. Me and the other dude made it to the end by ourselves. Felt great.

Birdman02

So, is DM officially done, or should I try to schedule our game? Tomorrow is probably a no-go, but I should be able to play late tonight (cst) or Monday night.

McNei1y

pxYBiPu.gif

hlxJV.gif

bluemax

Banned
How do you feel about your boy Kolb, LJ?

Probably worse than you feel about your boy Flynn.

Although I read some of LJ's comments on Geno and I think he kind of wants the Bills to do what the Seahawks ended up doing. Rebuilding the roster sans QB and then making moves to get a QB once they felt they had a roster that was good enough.

Rorschach

Probably worse than you feel about your boy Flynn.

Although I read some of LJ's comments on Geno and I think he kind of wants the Bills to do what the Seahawks ended up doing. Rebuilding the roster sans QB and then making moves to get a QB once they felt they had a roster that was good enough.

I wouldn't want Geno either. I don't think you can re-write the Seahawks history book like that, btw. :p That didn't seem like it was the plan all along.

And I don't feel so bad about Flynn. At least it means we don't use the third overall for a shitty QB (though I didn't think we would) and that we to get rid of Palmer. And, lastly, that we're not stuck with Pryor as our starter and the only QB on the roster. All that said, it doesn't really matter who's at QB since the right side of our line sucks and we got rid of a lot of talent.

Now, give us Miller back. You motherfuckers aren't gonna use him.

BigAT

I wouldn't want Geno either. I don't think you can re-write the Seahawks history book like that, btw. :p That didn't seem like it was the plan all along.

And I don't feel so bad about Flynn. At least it means we don't use the third overall for a shitty QB (though I didn't think we would) and that we to get rid of Palmer. And, lastly, that we're not stuck with Pryor as our starter and the only QB on the roster. All that said, it doesn't really matter who's at QB since the right side of our line sucks and we got rid of a lot of talent.

Want Brandon Myers back?

lol no

bluemax

Banned

It probably wasn't the plane with Cholly but TJack was never meant to be the long term solution.

Even if Whitehurst had worked out the roster still needed a massive overhaul.

Also did you not see the Falcons game? Miller isn't going anywhere!

Rorschach

Want Brandon Myers back?

lol no
:( h8u

It probably wasn't the plane with Cholly but TJack was never meant to be the long term solution.

Even if Whitehurst had worked out the roster still needed a massive overhaul.

Also did you not see the Falcons game? Miller isn't going anywhere!

I did see the Falcons game. Didn't even use him from the beginning. Bet you he takes a back seat come regular season again.

LJ11

How do you feel about your boy Kolb, LJ?

The way I've always felt about him.

This a short passing attack and we have two QBs on the roster that love to hold on to the ball. Think the coaching staff is competent if what they ran at Syracuse is any indication, their O looked good, but it won't matter one bit if they don't get better talent.

i'm not a bills expert but it seems like they have some talent littered throughout the roster. as bad as they were last year, they had a handful of close losses. 6-10 could've easily been 8-8, 9-7, 10-6. now bills fans will probably say they didn't deserve that (they had a lot of blow out losses) but i think the bills made a great hire at coach and i think they will win more games this year than last year. is it enough to be a serious playoff contender? i think so. we assume the patriots will the division outright but i'm not 100% sure on that. and even if they do, the AFC isn't exactly stacked with powerhouse teams.

ive dissed on kolb since his days in philly because i didn't think he showed enough to warrant the kind of contract he got or the trade/contract he got with the cards. but he's not an awful QB. bills have a budding star at RB, stevie johnson is legit, scott chandler is a good TE and they have a good d-line and a good secondary. if kolb can keep the turnovers down and be as efficient as he was last year with the cards (when he was healthy those first 4 or 5 games) then the bills will be fine

LJ11

i'm not a bills expert but it seems like they have some talent littered throughout the roster. as bad as they were last year, they had a handful of close losses. 6-10 could've easily been 8-8, 9-7, 10-6. now bills fans will probably say they didn't deserve that (they had a lot of blow out losses) but i think the bills made a great hire at coach and i think they will win more games this year than last year. is it enough to be a serious playoff contender? i think so. we assume the patriots will the division outright but i'm not 100% sure on that. and even if they do, the AFC isn't exactly stacked with powerhouse teams.

ive dissed on kolb since his days in philly because i didn't think he showed enough to warrant the kind of contract he got or the trade/contract he got with the cards. but he's not an awful QB. bills have a budding star at RB, stevie johnson is legit, scott chandler is a good TE and they have a good d-line and a good secondary. if kolb can keep the turnovers down and be as efficient as he was last year with the cards (when he was healthy those first 4 or 5 games) then the bills will be fine

You're right, they do have some good talent littered throughout the roster.

Wood (when healthy), Glenn, Gilmore, Byrd, K.Williams, Mario, Dareus, Steve, FJax, and CJ are a good group, but after that the drop off is big. Everyone else is at or below replacement level, no depth.

Scott Chandler's a receiving threat because he's a big target but he can't fucking run block at all. Need to upgrade at TE.

Secondary is not good, they have one very good player, one young guy whose flashed, and then it's shit. I have some hopes for Searcy at SS but he's a slow guy, seems like he has good instincts in the run game but iffy in pass coverage. Needs more reps.

Not sure why you're tagging Marrone with the great hire label, did you watch a lot of Syracuse or is it the Saints connection? Hope you're right though. I did watch two Syracuse games last year, though they were alright. Watched some more of them recently and they do some good things on O, Hackett's son does a lot of things I personally like.

We'll see, we just need to fucking draft better on the second and 3rd day. I'm not talking about home runs in the 4th round, but a slightly above average player(s) on the second or third day isn't too much to ask.

Edit: I'll root hard for Marrone, he's a NYC guy and I hope he goes up there and turns shit around.

You're right, they do have some good talent littered throughout the roster.

Wood (when healthy), Glenn, Gilmore, Byrd, K.Williams, Mario, Dareus, Steve, FJax, and CJ are a good group, but after that the drop off is big. Everyone else is at or below replacement level, no depth.

Scott Chandler's a receiving threat because he's a big target but he can't fucking run block at all. Need to upgrade at TE.

Secondary is not good, they have one very good player, one young guy whose flashed, and then it's shit. I have some hopes for Searcy at SS but he's a slow guy, seems like he has good instincts in the run game but iffy in pass coverage. Needs more reps.

Not sure why you're tagging Marrone with the great hire label, did you watch a lot of Syracuse or is it the Saints connection? Hope you're right though. I did watch two Syracuse games last year, though they were alright. Watched some more of them recently and they do some good things on O, Hackett's son does a lot of things I personally like.

We'll see, we just need to fucking draft better on the second and 3rd day. I'm not talking about home runs in the 4th round, but a slightly above average player(s) on the second or third day isn't too much to ask.

Edit: I'll root hard for Marrone, did so for Gailey as well because he's a good man and he did some things I liked (especially with the screen game), but Marrone is a NYC guy and I hope he goes up there and turns shit around.

i mostly liked the hire for the bills because i felt like they struck out big time by hiring an old NFL guy chan gailey a few years prior. i don't have any experience watching syracuse so i dont want to make it seem like i know some super secret thing about him but after they hired him i said "who?" and read up on him a bit and it just seems like a good hire to me. really reminds me of jim harbaugh. not in his system or his coaching style necessarily but he is an offensive guy and he has NFL experience. i have a good vibe about him but i could be completely wrong too!

Rorschach

i mostly liked the hire for the bills because i felt like they struck out big time by hiring an old NFL guy chan gailey a few years prior. i don't have any experience watching syracuse so i dont want to make it seem like i know some super secret thing about him but after they hired him i said "who?" and read up on him a bit and it just seems like a good hire to me. really reminds me of jim harbaugh. not in his system or his coaching style necessarily but he is an offensive guy and he has NFL experience. i have a good vibe about him but i could be completely wrong too!

Harbaugh reminds me of Tom Cable. Not his coaching style or his system, but they both were in the bay area and they had experience in the Pac-10. I got a good feeling about that guy.

Also, cake reminds me a lot of pie. Not in their taste or the way they are made, but they both have a lot of experience in satisfying my hunger. I got a good feeling about pie. In my gut.

Harbaugh reminds me of Tom Cable. Not his coaching style or his system, but they both were in the bay area and they had experience in the Pac-10. I got a good feeling about that guy.

1. tom cable was never a head coach in the pac 10
2. tom cable is the best raiders coach of the past 10 years just like harbs is the best niners coach of the last 10 years!

bluemax

Banned
Stupid rain. I have almost no fumbles all season and then against Smokey it is pouring and my team coughs it up twice. Both times on good runs too :(

Top Bottom