• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

eznark

Banned
whenever daw decides to play the CPU or 12 pm pst, whichever comes first.

as for bioshock not being a FPS, that's gaf hivemind for you. evillore says it so everyone goes along! game is fine as a FPS. what do you want? fucking dear esther 2? the gameplay is awesome. the guns, vigor and melee feel very weighty to me and that makes the battles pretty sweet. if people wanted this to be a feature length film or something whatever, but the gameplay is fine.

p.s.

what a surprise ez doesn't like the gameplay. in completely unrelated news to the previous sentence, tom chick didn't like it either

I've only had two encounters so maybe it gets amazing but the shooting seems clunky and so far the vigors are bog standard fare.

iOS, how does "vigors" get autocorrected to "Buford"

Ps unless some drastic change happens I'm done after this season too. I scored to make the game 10-9 with 20 seconds yesterday and the prospect of having to play overtime was vomit inducing so I went for two. It was definitely a good run though. Jesus looking at Raptr I'm going to end up with like 300 hours in this Madden iteration.

I've only had two encounters so maybe it gets amazing but the shooting seems clunky and so far the vigors are bog standard fare.

iOS, how does "vigors" get autocorrected to "Buford"

Ps unless some drastic change happens I'm done after this season too. I scored to make the game 10-9 with 20 seconds yesterday and the prospect of having to play overtime was vomit inducing so I went for two. It was definitely a good run though. Jesus looking at Raptr I'm going to end up with like 300 hours in this Madden iteration.

well i've always liked the shock games gameplay. its a combination of the feel of the weapons and the interaction with the enemies (their animations and reactions to the hits). definitely nothing revolutionary about it.

the vigors are what you make of them really. there's a part later in the game where i was about to be rushing by swarms of dudes from 3 different paths with only 1 pillar to guard me so i setup crow traps on the openings and waited for the screams, then went to town on them. plus i had the upgrade where dead bodies turn into other crow traps so it was pretty much a blood orgy

as for madden, the vibe im getting is that this will be the last season. don't want to say that for certain but it looks like a decent chunk of people are done. we will see come seasons end!

eznark

Banned
It's possible I was just turned off by that totally played out raffle story

Do any if the choices ever have a consequence or are they all like that, where the exact same thing happens no matter what you do?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG DCX, your roster is so stacked. That was probably the best OL I have played against all year, they just mauled the fuck outta me in every sense of the word.

DCX

DCX
I feel i have done a good job putting this team together. I just couldn't convert some red zone plays and couldn't keep you off the field. The fourth downs were key i couldn't stop them.

GG and now to recover next week!

DCX

Mrbob

I'm only an hour in and the combat is real shitty so yeah that's probably true.

I really don't understand the combat is shitty talk. I mean, it's not the greatest combat system ever, but it is more than functional. When you get to include the sky rail it's awesome zooming around the environment picking off your enemies.

Ram a lam a lam a Ram, I've got to run to the Library for a few but I'll be back within the hour. Lets get it done in the next few hours otherwise I won't be able to play until tomorrow night! And I can't play at all on Monday!

Mrbob

GG FMT. I swear I'm cursed against you after that game. I have 3rd and 4 from his 34 with like 20 seconds left. Figure I would get a couple more yards on a pass before kicking a fg. Have my tight wide open, press A, nothing. Sit there, get sacked, 10 yards back. Out of FG range now. Next play INT. I lose 23 to 21 woooo.

I should have just ran but I had the wind going against me. It's annoying to have a guy open, hit the button, and get no response. He had no timeouts left so I could easily ran the clock down to 3 seconds and kick the winner. What makes it worse is he got away with a dropped INT to kick his 57 yard FG to go up 23 to 21 late in the 4th. Game is trash. :(

BigAT

How many times am I gonna fumble on a game winning drive this year? Ridiculous.

pxYBiPu.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Live by the Vickjr, die by the Vickjr.

My game winning drive fumble was recovered by my high AWR guy. Glad you knocked out my low AWR guy.

Last time it was by ol 99 brace for everything McCoy. I don't put much weight into carry rating anymore.

Other than that shitstain it was a good game. At least I got to play you once this madden iteration.

GG FMT. I swear I'm cursed against you after that game. I have 3rd and 4 from his 34 with like 20 seconds left. Figure I would get a couple more yards on a pass before kicking a fg. Have my tight wide open, press A, nothing. Sit there, get sacked, 10 yards back. Out of FG range now. Next play INT. I lose 23 to 21 woooo.

I should have just ran but I had the wind going against me. It's annoying to have a guy open, hit the button, and get no response. He had no timeouts left so I could easily ran the clock down to 3 seconds and kick the winner. What makes it worse is he got away with a dropped INT to kick his 57 yard FG to go up 23 to 21 late in the 4th. Game is trash. :(

yeah that was a gg. seems like all our games come down to the wire. that was an epic 3rd quarter drive you had. bob drove 80 yards and took up literally the entire quarter (and one play of the 4th quarter!). couldn't buy a stop on 3rd or 4th down on that drive.

i also lucked out big time with a couple comeback throws and your DE dropping late but dropped the pick. on one of them i actually caught it! on that first taint i threw i pushed the wrong button. people say this all the time and its just an excuse but i swear to god i did BECAUSE for some reason in the weak I formation it changes the buttons of the receivers that you'd normally have. crabtree is normally B in EVERY OTHER FORMATION. but for some reason, they map B to the 2nd TE. now you might say "thats 2 TE sets for you!" but no. normally walker is Y in 2 TE sets. whatever the point is crabtree was wide fucking open on that 3rd and inches and might've scored a TD and i just didn't even realize until i released the ball that he was actually X button.

as for your last drive, i was completely baffled by that playcall on 3rd down. bob is down 2 with about 35 seconds left, i have 1 timeout. 3rd and 6 from the 34 yard line. i sell out against the run of course just hoping to maybe have him lose a couple yards but he passes and gets sacked. now a 51 yarder isn't a chip shot in real life, but it is in madden so i just thought he'd run it for sure and kick the game winner. as for the wind, it wasn't against you. it was blowing east and west, not north and south so you would've just had to move the arrow a little bit in the opposite direction to account for the wind. not sure if you would've hit the 59 yarder but for sure you would've hit the 51 yarder

Rorschach

FMT: if soka gets the Raiders next year, you must take over the team vs the Bobs. Boob can never have a win against a bay area team! Ever!

Last time it was by ol 99 grace for everything McCoy. I don't put much weight into carry rating anymore.

Other than that shitstain it was a good game. At least I got to play you once this madden iteration.

Yeah, GG. Wish we had gotten to play each division twice, but such is Madden. The guy that fumbled for me was 97 carry. Don't mean shit. And I got rid of my 99 carry, braces vs all fumble machine McFadden. Whom I miss. :( ...but I don't miss his fumbles. He would have fumbled 10 more times.

FMT: if soka gets the Raiders next year, you must take over the team vs the Bobs. Boob can never have a win against a bay area team! Ever!

Yeah, GG. Wish we had gotten to play each division twice, but such is Madden. The guy that fumbled for me was 97 carry. Don't mean shit. And I got rid of my 99 carry, braces vs all fumble machine McFadden. Whom I miss. :( ...but I don't miss his fumbles. He would have fumbled 10 more times.

bob will NEVER taste victory against the bay area! EVER! [/steve young superbowl yell]

Rorschach

You guys better not shut down the league before I get to play Wellie and his super rookies! I admit I'm not into it this season, but I gotta play the West!

Mrbob

Yeah it was one of those plays where it is a great play call if it works and terrible if it doesn't.

I anticipated your blitz. I had the hot route ready and he was WIDE OPEN. In fact, he might have scored a td had he received the ball. I probably would have ran it out at the two yard line though and kicked the chip shot fg. That's why it is so frustrating. I saw the play develop, I HIT THE BUTTON. Then nothing happened.

I wish they'd let you do matchups with receivers like in NCAA. every playbook puts receivers in different formations but your defense doesn't adjust

oh look DCX

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9114843/brent-grimes-signs-1-year-contract-miami-dolphins

The Miami Dolphins continued their active offseason Saturday, signing cornerback Brent Grimes to a one-year contract.

Grimes' deal is worth $5.5 million, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Now I don't have to hear you trying to swindle me for Grimes and Ray Edwards every year!

Zep

Banned
FMT, push the league advance to Tuesday night. Its Easter weekend(staying at my cousins tonight and tomorrow) and I'm gonna be watching baseball all day/night Monday. Thanks <3.

Rorschach

cfxPndc.png

Femenazis and white knights are making for great comedy on the gaming side week in and week out, but they don't realize how much of a joke they are. This and the RPS threads have been fun reads. I can imagine how frustrated/embarrassed I'd be if I had some vested interest, but from an outside perspective, it's pretty funny.

bluemax

Banned
I felt the same way. It was amazing whenever you weren't shooting things.

Yeah. I enjoy the world and the atmosphere but gunning down waves of enemies just feels jarring in this game.

Also the first two active powers you get are clunky and not that useful on hard. Once I got the third one combat picked up a little. But it's still mostly spray and pray. There's no real strategy.

LJ11

Sanjuro week, my favorite, not kidding either let me know what works for you.

Can't believe I read a positive game related post from Rors, seems like forever. Love the MGS trailer as well.

eznark

Banned
Yeah. I enjoy the world and the atmosphere but gunning down waves of enemies just feels jarring in this game.

Also the first two active powers you get are clunky and not that useful on hard. Once I got the third one combat picked up a little. But it's still mostly spray and pray. There's no real strategy.

Just got the third power and yeah, this past 30 minutes has been fantastic. This whole building is dope as hell. It's too bad Levine doesn't know subtlety.

Top Bottom