• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Nightz

GG AT. Ultimately I think the 2 picks I threw in the first half were the difference makers in this game. Was hoping my defense would hold and make you eat up the clock at the end but no dice. 3 JPP sacks in a row to end the game was depressing.

I did get a laugh out of that fumble for a TD though. Your RB trolled Eli.

BigAT

GG Nightz. One of those games where you can really feel that the lack of replay is sorely missed. There was a ton I wanted to see again as it felt like there were a lot of weird breakdowns by both teams that resulted in big plays.

You had a nice touch pass to your tight end on my user INT, but it's really dumb that the addition of the mid-strength pass this year is completely eliminated by ballhawk. I was out of position but was still able to catch up and make a play on the ball with a pretty bad LB because the ball was in the air for more than 0.5 seconds.

I did get a laugh out of that fumble for a TD though. Your RB trolled Eli.

This one especially was one I wanted to see again. I saw it was a blitz and had my TE open, hit the third step in a three-step-drop and immediately released the ball, but was already sacked/fumbled. I even manually set my RB into pass protection, but apparently he got into a disagreement with Eli before the game.

Rorschach

How have you not owned that game prior to now? Jesus.

I went away shortly after it was released and then I was waiting for a price drop, but the GOTY edition came out. So I waited for a price drop for that and/or a PC release. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not coming to PC, so here we are!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i got like 25 hours in and got burned out on it. i'll work my way back into it eventually. i don't know how people play single player games for over 20 hours these days!

Rpg's are the hardest to get back into after a long time away. I've started tales of symphonia over like 3 times for that very reason.

gg blue, definitely got lucky on that first third down throw where the pick 6 was dropped. had to mix up my man coverage because timm kept getting open on the comeback routes.... got me a redzone pick later in the game!

bluemax

Banned
How to know you're fucked:

You have Vernon Davis double covered, your line backer who has position on the ball goes into his catch animation, Vernon Davis makes the catch for a clutch first down.

You throw a pass for a big first down late in the game, your WR catches it well past the marker but the stupid physics and momentum and tackles of the 49ers LBers push him backwards and the game tells you it is now 3rd and 1, even though the announcers even said you had the first!

Not that I can complain that much when I threw 3 INTs, but shit like that just doesn't make it any fun. Last time I won in SF Matt Hasslebeck was my QB and BMW caught a TD pass.

Edit: Totally forgot about BJ Welsh dropping an easy Pick 6. And I just upped his catch rating before the game.

also there was no fucking way i was completely past the line of scrimmage on that crabtree touchdown. the rule is every part of your body needs to be past the LOS, not just the ball. i got a TD on the drive anyways but i feel like not all of the rules are implemented properly in the game. i've also seen guys go out of bounds and come back in to be the first to touch with no penalty, people throwing the ball away from inside the pocket no penalty, PI no penalty!

I was thinking about it, big DC fan. I just can't justify the purchase for fanservice > game quality. Has to be a damn good fighting game for me to really get into it and master move-sets.

I've heard good things about it. Sounds like you can choose between mortal kombat like controls or street fighter style controls, which is cool. Looks fun, but I haven't even touched the demo yet

Mrbob

We're told Ryse is designed to be Microsoft's new Gears of War / Halo mega launch title. It's set in the roman empire period and uses deep Kinect integration to allow a player to slash and kick at enemies.

J+Jameson+laughing+Meme+peter+parker+spider+man.gif

MS to gamers: Please be excited.

eznark

Banned
I went to a Microsoft store yesterday and every inch not dedicated to Surface was focused on Kinect.

Always online is the least of their worries.

eznark

Banned
I don't know how prevalent they are (I'd only ever seen pop-up style kiosks before) but if you have a chance to go to a Microsoft store they are pretty actually pretty worthwhile. If MS wasn't so awful at advertising the Surface would be a massive success. They had them set up with controllers and stuff and playing real games on them. It's a bad ass device if you get a fully stocked Pro. If I hadn't been in the mall to get my wife an anniversary present I might have picked one up. As it is I am probably just going to wait for the second gen one at this point.

Very impressed though. I think they did themselves a huge disservice releasing the gimped RT so far in advance. Shit in the pool.

Sanjuro

J+Jameson+laughing+Meme+peter+parker+spider+man.gif

MS to gamers: Please be excited.

I'm pretty excited. You're acting like Sony showed anything off. I just remember that terrible looking Killzone game from the announcement. Console nerds are too busy trolling massively when neither console has been shown yet. They probably are both going to be the same old shit, probably will own both, etcetc.

Top Bottom