• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

eznark

Banned
Next Xbox to suck confirmed:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1697443&postcount=449

He can't help he was stuck with trash. What do you do when saddled with Sanchez and Tebow and suicide not an option? Cavaenaugh will be the bad cop while Trestman plays the good cop. That's all he needs to be is the guy who won't put up with shit from Cutler.

Mate instea of wasting their time on dozens of new coaches to put up with his rotten twat te Bears should just find a new QB who doesn't suck shit?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Most of an O-Lineman's overall is driven by awareness which has no tangible benefit for offensive linemen. I think people just have confirmation bias that it does.

Absolutely the murkiness helps them, but I think they could get a middle ground better than what they have.

I don't need to know that

Blocking time = (5.0 - (Dline str - oline str)) * fuzzyfactor

but I would like to know
"Strength helps with holding blocks longer"
I just can't believe awareness plays no role in blocking. I think the difference is night and day when you have a blocker in space leading you down the field.

Further, if strength is the determining factor for block duration, what do PBK/RBK/BSH do?

It makes some sense I guess since safeties or CBs who get caught by Olinemen are usually screwed.

LukeSmith

I just can't believe awareness plays no role in blocking. I think the difference is night and day when you have a blocker in space leading you down the field.

Further, if strength is the determining factor for block duration, what do PBK/RBK/BSH do?

It makes some sense I guess since safeties or CBs who get caught by Olinemen are usually screwed.

PBK and RBK probably serve as the foil to BSH in determining when a block is broken. It's probably a "roll" like dice between two engaged players to create randomness in guys shedding or not.

I play with my safeties in the box a lot and they both have pretty high BSH - LJ witnessed this and its effect in our last game.

Splat

I'm just making equations up!

PBK and RBK probably serve as the foil to BSH in determining when a block is broken. It's probably a "roll" like dice between two engaged players to create randomness in guys shedding or not.

I play with my safeties in the box a lot and they both have pretty high BSH - LJ witnessed this and its effect in our last game.

Yeah, this is the whole problem we have no idea. Some people think PBK is a counter to finesse moves and RBK is a counter to power moves, but that doesn't make much sense either.

Rorschach

I'm just making equations up!

Yeah, this is the whole problem we have no idea. Some people think PBK is a counter to finesse moves and RBK is a counter to power moves, but that doesn't make much sense either.
They used to have PBS, PBF, RBS, RBF. The Strength countered power moves and the footwork countered finesse moves. Now, maybe it depends on the play being called?

They used to have PBS, PBF, RBS, RBF. The Strength countered power moves and the footwork countered finesse moves. Now, maybe it depends on the play being called?

Weirdest thing is somewhere in the game it shows the attributes for PBS PBF etc but it shows 0s for everyone. Forget where you go to see it.

BigAT

There was a blog post here by one of the Madden developers that I showed to Wellington that seemed to imply that ONLY strength mattered for linemen interactions. It seems like he deleted for whatever reason though, no clue why.

Splat

There was a blog post here by one of the Madden developers that I showed to Wellington that seemed to imply that ONLY strength mattered for linemen interactions. It seems like he deleted for whatever reason though, no clue why.

Probably because he said shit he shouldn't have.

bluemax

Banned

I've seen no tangible difference in the blocking ability of my offensive linemen with shit awareness compared to guys I had before with 70-80 awareness. The guys I have now have higher block attributes, impact block and strength. I'm having my best season right now in terms of running the ball and pass protection. I might not be having an elite season in terms of running the ball, but before my by I was 10th in the league in rushing yards. The website says I'm 9th now.

My line from Left to Right

Damian Washington
25 Awareness
82 pass block
88 run block
91 impact block
94 strength

Brayden Ash
10 Awareness
77 pass block
87 run block
89 impact block
85 strength

Max Unger (has given up the most sacks on my team)
85 Awareness
87 run block
87 pass block
83 impact block
84 strength

JR Sweezy
80 Awareness
87 run block
80 pass block
85 impact blocking
79 strength

Matthew Graham
35 Awareness
84 pass block
85 run block
90 impact blocking
97 strength

I actually have guys on my bench with better awareness and I benched them all.

Russell Okung (He started two games, I'm still tempted to put him back in)
83 Awareness
86 pass block
84 run block
84 impact block
87 strength

John Moffitt
76 Awareness
84 run block
81 pass block
81 impact blocking
86 strength

James Carpenter
60 Awareness
83 run block
80 pass block
80 impact blocking
90 strength

Barry Richardson
71 Awareness
80 pass block
79 run block
80 impact blocking
90 strength

I guess my theory right now is that AWR and PBK are kind of unimportant for guards and RBK and IBK and maybe speed/acc are more important. For tackles PBK, IBK and Strength are most important.

Rorschach

Shit, then I've been doing it wrong. I'm playing an OL with 82 str. He did well in all but one game. :(

Ramirez

unleash hell on what? you'll go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. even if you were to sneak into the playoffs you would get smashed by any potential AFC playoff team

Oh FMT, constantly on my nuts.

How about you treat ALL of my posts like you do the ones where I bring up people(^) breaking your "rules", ignore them.

Rors, I said it in the post!!!!!

Oh FMT, constantly on my nuts.

How about you treat ALL of my posts like you do the ones where I bring up people(^) breaking your "rules", ignore them.

Rors, I said it in the post!!!!!

what rule did your boy smokey break?

further, the problem with you bringing up someone breaking rules is how you conduct yourself normally. it's like a career thief filing a police report that he had something stolen from him. what do you think the cops would say to him?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've seen no tangible difference in the blocking ability of my offensive linemen with shit awareness compared to guys I had before with 70-80 awareness. The guys I have now have higher block attributes, impact block and strength. I'm having my best season right now in terms of running the ball and pass protection. I might not be having an elite season in terms of running the ball, but before my by I was 10th in the league in rushing yards. The website says I'm 9th now.

My line from Left to Right

*stats*

I guess my theory right now is that AWR and PBK are kind of unimportant for guards and RBK and IBK and maybe speed/acc are more important. For tackles PBK, IBK and Strength are most important.

As far I I have seen you typically are a pass first team, and when you run you aren't putting guys out in space by pulling or throwing screens. Doesn't take a lot of brains to block the guy in front of you.

I will say that the combo of your RT and whatever block you keep in to back did a number on me last game. I literally just blitzed the shit out of you and I think I only got to Wussel once.

Whatever, I don't care, if it works for you it works for you.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Frenchmovietheme ‏@neogaffe
RT @WingozEA Ben Roethlisberger did a great job throwing TDs this week. #fantasy #CCM

Frenchmovietheme ‏@neogaffe
RT @SCollinsEA Jeez I guess no mercy from the Steelers this week, huh? #CCM

F2y1X_zpsfee48f20.gif

Top Bottom