• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

bluemax

Banned
As far I I have seen you typically are a pass first team, and when you run you aren't putting guys out in space by pulling or throwing screens. Doesn't take a lot of brains to block the guy in front of you.

I will say that the combo of your RT and whatever block you keep in to back did a number on me last game. I literally just blitzed the shit out of you and I think I only got to Wussel once.

Whatever, I don't care, if it works for you it works for you.

Buh? I run a lot on first and second down and I call a ton of power plays where my guard pulls.

Maybe the difference is that I don't do a lot of single back sets? I dunno, after having Michael Robinson and his super high RBK I've gotten used to having a bruising FB to lead the way.

The ironic thing is that I want my offense to be like yours Wellie :(

Those were great finds then

Contrary to what some people believe, I did do actual scouting.

Rorschach

what the flying fuck?! I looked at McFadden's upgrades and now his last two upgrades cost 109,240 and 138,538... maybe he IS glitched. Or he's regressing like crazy.

Sokantish

McNeily ditched me again when he said he was going to play madden. Why is that guy such a jerk?
They used to be 70k and 80k... but I hadn't checked sine season 1. All I usually upgraded with him was carry and injury. :(

was McFadden's growth at quick or something and then it fell to normal?

Splat

They used to be 70k and 80k... but I hadn't checked sine season 1. All I usually upgraded with him was carry and injury. :(

I think stuff also gets more expensive the older/better they gets. Atkins' accel costs 760k to increase :-0

If true, this means Awareness both doesn't do shit, and makes other shit more expensive :-|

BigAT

I think stuff also gets more expensive the older/better they gets. Atkins' accel costs 760k to increase :-0

A pittance. This is JPP's acceleration upgrade:

GZUZXaq.jpg

eznark

Banned
Considering only EA knows how valuable these stats actually are, there is probably a lot to be learned from looking at the upgrade economy.

Rorschach

Considering only EA knows how valuable these stats actually are, there is probably a lot to be learned from looking at the upgrade economy.

It varies from player to player. Two HBs could be the same type and around the same in ratings, but each one will have a different cost. Also, the higher the starting out stat is, the more it costs to ugrade. MCV on Branch is like 50k for one point, but on my other safety, it was ~8k even though he had a higher rating than Branch.

Ben and Wallace should retire as punishment. Let 'em rot in FA where no1 is allowed to touch them. This is stupid, he gets so much XP for this shit and is constantly doing it. His entire team benefits so much because he does this garbage. Plus the Habs are beating the shit out of the Cats, some1 has to pay!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ben and Wallace should retire as punishment. Let 'em rot in FA where no1 is allowed to touch them. This is stupid, he gets so much XP for this shit and is constantly doing it. His entire team benefits so much because he does this garbage. Plus the Habs are beating the shit out of the Cats, some1 has to pay!

Also FMT wouldn't even bother looking at The game stats. And didn't even know there was a rule against running it up.

It might be time to take back my rightful throne so me and Luke can tag team this league.

Rorschach

What's with FBs and Guards stopping in their tracks and running towards blockers that are behind the RB? Keep moving forward, asshole!

What's with FBs and Guards stopping in their tracks and running towards blockers that are behind the RB? Keep moving forward, asshole!

this happens like 1/4 runs that i have. most of the time my line and fb do the right thing but every now and then they just stop in the middle when they're headed right towards someone. i think if a safety or CB comes off the edge it breaks their logic of going after the LB (who is closer)

I'm fine with there not being a rule against running it up, but there is a rule. And Ram has 0 respect for it. Do a punishment worth while, nothing else seems to work with this mule.

daw840

Alright....so this training is not nearly as home study intensive as I thought it was going to be. lol

Any chance you put me on the wait list. I miss playing. :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As far I I have seen you typically are a pass first team, and when you run you aren't putting guys out in space by pulling or throwing screens. Doesn't take a lot of brains to block the guy in front of you.

I will say that the combo of your RT and whatever block you keep in to back did a number on me last game. I literally just blitzed the shit out of you and I think I only got to Wussel once.

Whatever, I don't care, if it works for you it works for you.

FuEiV.gif

CB3

Where's the rule? I thought it was established there was no rule. FMT removed the rules last season because he didn't want to deal with it.

They need more awareness!

Front page!

Fmt being a lazy fuck doesn't constitute a rule

Front page!

Fmt being a lazy fuck doesn't constitute a rule

you do realize luke simply copy & pasted an old OP from the other thread. but keep on keepin' on!

Not lazy, but he was just tired of it or something.

this is true. i suspend players for running up the score, people complain. i don't do it people complain. in a way that is a microcosm of being a league commish. but im sure white knight cb has his ideas of the way things should be!

He didn't. You'd notice he added personal touches to it. Well you'd notice if you ever bothered to read anything.

never discussed it with me, never announced it to the league if that was the case! wasn't it you who complained about changing things without announcing it!? keep on rabblin' bruh!

CB3

never discussed it with me, never announced it to the league if that was the case! wasn't it you who complained about changing things without announcing it!? keep on rabblin' bruh!

The main post of a thread seems pretty good for announcing a rule. I read through the whole thing when he did the thread.

CB3

For reference:

Some guidelines:

THE LEVIOUS WAY aka don't be a fucking asshole
if you are up by 3 scores or more (17 points) with 3 minutes or left in the game, you shouldn't be throwing the ball deep. you can throw the ball but just chucking it up for the remainder of the game is a no-no. you should just be running the ball and running the playclock down to 1 second.

if you are trying to run the clock out and your opponent is taking timeouts to stop the clock, it doesn't give you free reign to start throwing deep to "teach them a lesson". run the fucking clock out.

if you are trying to kneel the ball to run the clock out, and your opponent takes a timeout, you can run regular plays (run or pass) but again, you don't need to start chucking up bombs. run the ball or throw a short pass and continue running the clock.

different situations are going to call for different things. i'm not going to spell out EVERY.SINGLE.POSSIBLE.SITUATION. and what should be done but i shouldn't have to. we aren't fucking idiots here. if the game is (for all intents and purposes) over, then there is no need to pile it on. it's tempting for XP but just don't.

IF you break these rules, you will have a player (which will be picked depending on his value to your team) suspended for 4 games. if you continue to do this, then Shawnhann or someone else will have your spot in the league before long! this shouldn't happen again. this shouldn't even be a discussion but apparently it has to be.

Top Bottom