• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

There have been a few games where I'd love to pad the shit out of my receiver's reception count and yardage but I hold back and only pass if I'm trying to convert or if I'm getting blitzed. I'd like to think my fellow brothers share the same feeling.

I get that if you're up early and big, it's a snooze-fest to only run and your opponent picks up on it, but in this case it seems like no fucks were given regarding running it up and passing often.

Sokantish

Well really it doesn't seem like there's a need for the rule because you'd hope mostly everyone doesn't want to be a jerk to their opponent. But at the same time you have Ram who wants to win the yearly awards every year and will not let anything get in the way of that

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Well really it doesn't seem like there's a need for the rule because you'd hope mostly everyone doesn't want to be a jerk to their opponent. But at the same time you have Ram who wants to win the yearly awards every year and will not let anything get in the way of that
There is no sarcasm in this post. This is when you know things have gone bad

Rorschach

For reference:

Some guidelines:

THE LEVIOUS WAY aka don't be a fucking asshole
if you are up by 3 scores or more (17 points) with 3 minutes or left in the game, you shouldn't be throwing the ball deep. you can throw the ball but just chucking it up for the remainder of the game is a no-no. you should just be running the ball and running the playclock down to 1 second.

if you are trying to run the clock out and your opponent is taking timeouts to stop the clock, it doesn't give you free reign to start throwing deep to "teach them a lesson". run the fucking clock out.

if you are trying to kneel the ball to run the clock out, and your opponent takes a timeout, you can run regular plays (run or pass) but again, you don't need to start chucking up bombs. run the ball or throw a short pass and continue running the clock.

different situations are going to call for different things. i'm not going to spell out EVERY.SINGLE.POSSIBLE.SITUATION. and what should be done but i shouldn't have to. we aren't fucking idiots here. if the game is (for all intents and purposes) over, then there is no need to pile it on. it's tempting for XP but just don't.

IF you break these rules, you will have a player (which will be picked depending on his value to your team) suspended for 4 games. if you continue to do this, then Shawnhann or someone else will have your spot in the league before long! this shouldn't happen again. this shouldn't even be a discussion but apparently it has to be.

Which is it?

BigAT

Whoever thought there would be a game where two people had to argue over who gets the Raiders.

Aside from Tecmo Bowl.

Sokantish

Did you guys see Tim Brown is calling out Callahan for sabotaging the super bowl against the bucs? Then Jerry Rice agreed with him! So see guys, Raiders should have actually won that super bowl but even our own coach cheated us!

Yo I gotta go out of town Thursday-Saturday and you're my next opponent. If it advances tomorrow night can you double dip so we don't have to play with the (potentially) shitty hotel internet?

Yeah that should work assuming its not too late and story doesn't blow me the fuck out like i have been my last couple of games! I'm too salty to play madden right after an ass whoopin.

Yeah that should work assuming its not too late and story doesn't blow me the fuck out like i have been my last couple of games! I'm too salty to play madden right after an ass whoopin.

what counts as too late, I'm guessing it'll advance midnight eastern-ish, possibly later

LJ's plan is to stall long enough so I do another round of pregame rituals.... I'll bite.

Oh great Madden player Sanjuro, what's the key to beating LJ?

I'd like to start by midnight CST - maybe a little bit later. We can play it by ear cause i dont have class early the next morning...

Alright sounds good, thanks broski

jets @ raiders
jags @ colts
chiefs @ browns
bengals @ pats

is all that's left. although I'm pretty sure they're all scheduled sometime tomorrow so I don't think we'll have to stay up too late or wait another day

TheCrow

Doesn't matter..the fucking guy smiles through every accusation and it somehow negates it all.

DCX

HWG9kWm.gif

Rorschach

Did you guys see Tim Brown is calling out Callahan for sabotaging the super bowl against the bucs? Then Jerry Rice agreed with him! So see guys, Raiders should have actually won that super bowl but even our own coach cheated us!

Callahan is history's greatest monster.

Mrbob

I'm just happy to finally hold onto a late lead. I've lost three games while having the lead heading into the final minute. The game against wellie was really one of the most competitive I've played from start to finish. Rams had a chance to tie having the ball at the five with three second left. Thankfully the d kept him out of the end zone.

bluemax

Banned
So we still have
Buffalo at Tennessee (possibly being played tonight)
New Jersey at Oakland (not sure)
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis (not sure)
Kansas City @ Cleveland (sounded like tomorrow)
Cincinnati @ New England (happeing now?)

So close!

Top Bottom