• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

rinse82

Hey Luke, are you flexible? I might be able to squeeze a game in tonight but won't know till later.

If all else fails we have tomorrow locked in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
As far as practices go, I think I get a flat 1500 XP across all players from easy win, where it's variable if I do bad start. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I've just been doing bad start lately. Maybe I'll give Circle the Wagons a try.

bluemax

Banned
What the fucking shit

I did the 2000 point down 21-0 practice...I got the XP but it seems like some of my players did and didn't. Tannehill didn't. WTF?

I've been doing that one for awhile. The players don't get 2000 xp from it. I've seen anywhere from 1300 to 1500.

Ramirez

D3 was fun, it just didn't have the re playability 2 had.

Cheesing Inferno Diablo with Luke & the gang is up there on greatest gaming moments.

bluemax

Banned
Not very highly. Their OVRs according to the site are 80, 75, 80, 83, 78. Bennett is a rather good blocking TE and I invested in a good FB in the first draft.

OVR is meaningless on OL. I have possibly the fewest sacks allowed with one of the lowest rated OLs in terms of OVR.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
D3 was fun, it just didn't have the re playability 2 had.

Cheesing Inferno Diablo with Luke & the gang is up there on greatest gaming moments.

That first line is pretty accurate

I had a lot of fun with it. Living up the hype of a blizzard game and Diablo 2 was a longshot

LukeSmith

D3 inferno didn't crack my top 100 moments Scamirez.

Maybe PoE will, or maybe it's a false prophet. Only way to find out is to get it up on the cross

Ramirez

What games don't you cheese?

It was actually Luke's idea.

g2klx3m.gif

Your top moments must be poop then.

:(

BigAT

OVR is meaningless on OL. I have possibly the fewest sacks allowed with one of the lowest rated OLs in terms of OVR.

To an extent. I've been able to shape my OL into doing what I need them to do, but it definitely isn't a great O-line being hidden behind low OVR ratings.

bluemax

Banned
To an extent. I've been able to shape my OL into doing what I need them to do, but it definitely isn't a great O-line being hidden behind low OVR ratings.

Most of an O-Lineman's overall is driven by awareness which has no tangible benefit for offensive linemen. I think people just have confirmation bias that it does.

LukeSmith

Did you get that job?

Tell them to put fucking descriptions in the game.

It is way more to their benefit to be as murky as possible.

Imagine the accountability for Donny if his ratings had to map to stats or a partnership with PFF or FBO? (Which btw is what they should do to minimize subjective bias in what should be a more qualitative system instead of "oh it's a Buc, add 10 points - I love the Bucs")

bluemax

Banned
Did you get that job?

Tell them to put fucking descriptions in the game.

I am flying out to Austin next week to interview in person. If I got the job I wouldn't be working on the ratings aspect of the game, or on the field game play. I assume I might have access to the source code, so I could at least see what that stuff does but I wouldn't be able to share it on a message board like this.

Splat

It is way more to their benefit to be as murky as possible.

Imagine the accountability for Donny if his ratings had to map to stats or a partnership with PFF or FBO? (Which btw is what they should do to minimize subjective bias in what should be a more qualitative system instead of "oh it's a Buc, add 10 points - I love the Bucs")

Absolutely the murkiness helps them, but I think they could get a middle ground better than what they have.

I don't need to know that

Blocking time = (5.0 - (Dline str - oline str)) * fuzzyfactor

but I would like to know
"Strength helps with holding blocks longer"

LukeSmith

Absolutely the murkiness helps them, but I think they could get a middle ground better than what they have.

I don't need to know that

Blocking time = (5.0 - (Dline str - oline str)) * fuzzyfactor

but I would like to know
"Strength helps with holding blocks longer"

I agree with this.

Mrbob

I've been looking at all of Trestman's assistant hires, and they are solid. Better watch out Eznark. Bears are putting together a quality staff. Green Bay's time at the top is over.

eznark

Banned
I've been looking at all of Trestman's assistant hires, and they are solid. Better watch out Eznark. Bears are putting together a quality staff. Green Bay's time at the top is over.

Tough to beat the guy who made Mark Sanchez what he is today I agree.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Keep trying to justify the coach who was coaching one level above the Beach Football League

Top Bottom