• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Rorschach

So we still have
Buffalo at Tennessee (possibly being played tonight)
New Jersey at Oakland (not sure)
Jacksonville @ Indianapolis (not sure)
Kansas City @ Cleveland (sounded like tomorrow)
Cincinnati @ New England (happeing now?)

So close!

Ferny and I are playing around 730 est tomorrow.

So we still have

So close!

JAX and Indy will take place after/circa 10 ET

Ferny

So we still have

So close!

Rors got it.

TheCrow

crow hasn't been replaced or booted. i said pending investigating. PENDING

Our game wasn't anything special, you can look at the boxscore. I did run two running plays from the wildcard for a first down and a td. I only ran it because it came up in ask madden and I decided it was worth a try. Besides that I played my bread and butter offense while my defense forced 4 ints and recovered 1 fumble.

Ferny

aka "I'll do nothing!"

Price-is-Right.jpg

DING DING DING, TELL EM WHAT HE'S WON!

GG LJ, what a laggy first half. Defense is annoying in this game, AI Safety play on those flag routes drive me nuts. Especially when Zuzek gets hurt and doesn't return until late in the 4th. That McCarthy INT-TD was hilarious, LJ goes to user tackle my MLB who just picked it off, his guy is going horizontal so he just grabs my MLB and spins him the other direction and all of a sudden he is surrounded by blockers and brings it in for the TD. Wasn't enough though, the difference in the game is our red zone Ds. I give up 3 TDs 0 FGs in the redzone and he holds me to 0TDs and 2 FGs in a 42-49 shootout. Interesting onside kickoff recovery technique you have.. I really didn't play a good game but you kept getting overconfident in you DBs and eventually I'd get you for a huge gain TD and ended up with 420 yards + the 2 TAINTS, but both weren't easy returns. Lisi had a 91 yard return where he put some serious moves on LJ. Locker goes 12/23 and CJ held to 47 yards on only 14 attempts (wasn't stopping his O and was down 2 scores most of the game) while Spiller ran all over my Zuzek-less D. Really not used to having Kenny Britt completely shut down too, that was frustrating, you shouldve had a couple more picks from me forcing it to him.

LJ11

GG LJ, what a laggy first half. Defense is annoying in this game, AI Safety play on those flag routes drive me nuts. Especially when Zuzek gets hurt and doesn't return until late in the 4th. That McCarthy INT-TD was hilarious, LJ goes to user tackle my MLB who just picked it off, his guy is going horizontal so he just grabs my MLB and spins him the other direction and all of a sudden he is surrounded by blockers and brings it in for the TD. Wasn't enough though, the difference in the game is our red zone Ds. I give up 3 TDs 0 FGs in the redzone and he holds me to 0TDs and 2 FGs in a 42-49 shootout. Interesting onside kickoff recovery technique you have.. I really didn't play a good game but you kept getting overconfident in you DBs and eventually I'd get you for a huge gain TD and ended up with 420 yards + the 2 TAINTS, but both weren't easy returns. Lisi had a 91 yard return where he put some serious moves on LJ. Locker goes 12/23 and CJ held to 47 yards on only 14 attempts (wasn't stopping his O and was down 2 scores most of the game) while Spiller ran all over my Zuzek-less D. Really not used to having Kenny Britt completely shit down too, that was frustrating, you shouldve had a couple more picks from me forcing it to him.

Good game brother.

My intention was to come out and stuff that run and I think I did a good job of that without having to blitz.

You're bang on about getting cocky, I also like to freelance at times and it costs me. It was the pass leads that killed me on a couple of throws, but I also hit two good ones via pass lead so I can't complain.

Lots of dropped ints by my guys, can't complain though, they usually don't drop many.

Edit: Also, with regards to the "flag" routes, try putting you S in a yellow zone around that area. Can make it tougher.

Good game brother.

My intention was to come out and stuff that run and I think I did a good job of that without having to blitz.

You're bang on about getting cocky, I also like to freelance at times and it costs me. It was the pass leads that killed me on a couple of throws, but I also hit two good ones via pass lead so I can't complain.

Lots of dropped ints by my guys, can't complain though, they usually don't drop many.

Edit: Also, with regards to the "flag" routes, try putting you S in a yellow zone around that area. Can make it tougher.

Yeah, all my HFA was focused into you not catching INTs it felt like. 1 Sack, 2 failed onside kicks against regular kickoff return coverage, no fumbles, and CJ couldn't run, but at least I only threw 1 pick this week..

I take that back about the flag route, it was your backside CB, he played the corner route and there was just enough room to throw and he didn't miss the pass lead. Always does in practice, drives me nuts.

Yeah but Griffin was over the top and gets beat. I trust in Griffin a lot, 99 ZCV. Being able to beat him to the sidelines for a TD (or I ran you down while inside the 5? Either way you got around Griffin on that play. So many big passing plays that game..) shouldn't happen when he's in a deep zone I feel like, maybe I need to start pumping pursuit. I'll try throwing him in the yellow more.

Sanjuro

Apparently the whole game was laggy for you? That's weird, it wasn't took bad on this end.

Yeah. I kept getting the "Please wait for connection" freeze. Hence some of the bizarre kickoffs and that Welker INT where nobody was covering him.

LJ11

Yeah, all my HFA was focused into you not catching INTs it felt like. 1 Sack, 2 failed onside kicks against regular kickoff return coverage, no fumbles, and CJ couldn't run, but at least I only threw 1 pick this week..
I take that back about the flag route, it was your backside CB, he played the corner route and there was just enough room to throw and he didn't miss the pass lead. Always does in practice, drives me nuts.

Splat

Yeah. I kept getting the "Please wait for connection" freeze. Hence some of the bizarre kickoffs and that Welker INT where nobody was covering him.
I had it happen twice before the disconnect, but both times right after play selection, not during a play. Was fairly okay between those. Sorry :(

Smokey

So that's what it feels like to use a power team in 2k

Durant 51pts 16rebs.

Lol Cb you literally have no chance to beat me if I'm the thunder. Meeks on durant? Smh

Ramirez

what rule did your boy smokey break?

further, the problem with you bringing up someone breaking rules is how you conduct yourself normally. it's like a career thief filing a police report that he had something stolen from him. what do you think the cops would say to him?

Smokey broke your 4th down guidelines, had it been anyone but me, he probably would have punted.

How do I conduct myself normally? I padded my stats against the cpu twice because Storybook always quits at the end of the season.

Other wise I always get my games in quickly, never knowingly cheese anyone, and you never have any real problems out of me. (I'll address tonight in a second!)

GG. No need to run up the score though.

I'm almost positive I only scored once past the mid point of the 3rd quarter. On my last drive in the 4th, I ran off a good 3-4 minutes of clock and was nearing the redzone on a 3rd down, and I ran a PA and scored. I was gonna kick a FG regardless, so I don't really see that as running up the score. Wasn't it 28-0 at the half?

Well really it doesn't seem like there's a need for the rule because you'd hope mostly everyone doesn't want to be a jerk to their opponent. But at the same time you have Ram who wants to win the yearly awards every year and will not let anything get in the way of that

Give me a fucking break Soka, I'm never rude to my opponent, LJ beat the ever loving shit out of me this season and I didn't say the first damn word about it. Those awards mean dick to me, other than a way to troll you guys because you think for some reason that getting a lot of XP is such a huge boost for guys who were already in the high 80s or low 90s in all their major stats. That extra point of elusiveness for Ben was such a gain!

Bob's comment about the TV however was a 10/10, a rare one for MrBob.

Sokantish

Give me a fucking break Soka, I'm never rude to my opponent, LJ beat the ever loving shit out of me this season and I didn't say the first damn word about it. Those awards mean dick to me, other than a way to troll you guys because you think for some reason that getting a lot of XP is such a huge boost for guys who were already in the high 80s or low 90s in all their major stats. That extra point of elusiveness for Ben was such a gain!

It seemed that Az took offense to your behavior, so maybe that was rude of him. I guess you weren't the jerk for still scoring in the game that you were already winning by a landslide.

Az you should apologize to Ram.

I guess you have a point about the awards since Ben is already overrated and you clearly do not need anymore XP with Wallace because whatever cheese you do with him works amazingly well. So then the only reason you do it is to troll people? Jerk move, man.

It seemed that Az took offense to your behavior, so maybe that was rude of him. I guess you weren't the jerk for still scoring in the game that you were already winning by a landslide.

Az you should apologize to Ram.

I guess you have a point about the awards since Ben is already overrated and you clearly do not need anymore XP with Wallace because whatever cheese you do with him works amazingly well. So then the only reason you do it is to troll people? Jerk move, man.

LJ beat him, Soka. You can't really question his integrity now that LJ has beaten him.....

Wait a second. How does that make sense, Ramirez?

Ramirez

LJ beat him, Soka. You can't really question his integrity now that LJ has beaten him.....

Wait a second. How does that make sense, Ramirez?

LJ blew me out just like I blew Az out, point was, I didn't accuse him of running up the score. I should have stopped him, or myself from throwing picks.

eznark

Banned
I'd like to applaud the sliders. I ran two QB draws with Rodgers heretofore an auto fumble, and he didnt fumble!!

I did have one fumble though with my 95 carry RB on a standard dive where he didnt even get hit hard. HFA I guess.

Smokey broke your 4th down guidelines, had it been anyone but me, he probably would have punted.

How do I conduct myself normally? I padded my stats against the cpu twice because Storybook always quits at the end of the season.

Other wise I always get my games in quickly, never knowingly cheese anyone, and you never have any real problems out of me. (I'll address tonight in a second!)

Why the hell am I being dragged into this? Both times were because you guys were itching to get to the playoffs and I had other stuff to do so instead of making you all wait, I let you play the CPU since it made no difference to me.

It wasn't me quitting, just didn't think it was fair to hold the league up when the game didn't mean anything.

Next time, I'm going to wait DM style.

Smokey

Smokey if you are a real man you're going to show up and get your ass kicked by me at 2k tonight.

9 PM CT

I have a basketball game at 830. But you're welcome to join CB in the "you have literally no chance to beat me if I'm the Thunder club" when I get back. Although you've only beaten me once, maybe twice when I was the Rockets so it doesn't matter too much who gets used.

Mrbob

Usually I don't get excited about Japan RPGs, but this trailer is pretty cool:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509589

Catching up on the Nintendo Direct information. Wii U purchase looking much better now.

I'd like to applaud the sliders. I ran two QB draws with Rodgers heretofore an auto fumble, and he didnt fumble!!

I did have one fumble though with my 95 carry RB on a standard dive where he didnt even get hit hard. HFA I guess.

Yeah I had another fumble with Forte last night. McFadden-itis has completely rubbed off on him now. :/

I have a basketball game at 830. But you're welcome to join CB in the "you have literally no chance to beat me if I'm the Thunder club" when I get back. Although you've only beaten me once, maybe twice when I was the Rockets so it doesn't matter too much who gets used.

blah blah blah

Let's see what new excuse you come up with again

And once I figured out your bullshit, you never beat me again with the Rockets. Good to see you're finally admitting that you need a power team with cheese players to compete though

Smokey

blah blah blah

Let's see what new excuse you come up with again

And once I figured out your bullshit, you never beat me again with the Rockets. Good to see you're finally admitting that you need a power team with cheese players to compete though

yeah because i needed a power team to defeat dwight howard, nash, paul gasol and kobe. not to mention completely destroyed you multiple times by 20+ with the rockets (bu bu harden cheeze) and a center named greg smith while you and cb romance over AIM on how to beat me. you got one good nice blowout on me...but i mean...you have wade, lebron, bosh, and ray allen. the fact that i have repeatedly destroyed you with my team in the first place is shameful

so yes i will use a power team. just like your power team. and we can dance.

Top Bottom