• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

DCX

DCX
3AQmK.gif

DCX

LukeSmith

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in conference games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

OTHER TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

Only one club advances to the playoffs in any tie-breaking step. Remaining tied clubs revert to the first step of the applicable division or Wild Card tie-breakers. As an example, if two clubs remain tied in any tie-breaker step after all other clubs have been eliminated, the procedure reverts to Step 1 of the two-club format to determine the winner. When one club wins the tiebreaker, all other clubs revert to Step 1 of the applicable two-club or three-club format.
In comparing records against common opponents among tied teams, the best won-lost-tied percentage is the deciding factor, since teams may have played an unequal number of games.
To determine home-field priority among division-titlists, apply Wild Card tie-breakers.
To determine home-field priority for Wild Card qualifiers, apply division tie-breakers (if teams are from the same division) or Wild Card tiebreakers (if teams are from different divisions).
To determine the best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed, add a team's position in the two categories, and the lowest score wins. For example, if Team A is first in points scored and second in points allowed, its combined ranking is "3." If Team B is third in points scored and first in points allowed, its combined ranking is "4." Team A then wins the tiebreaker. If two teams are tied for a position, both teams are awarded the ranking as if they held it solely. For example, if Team A and Team B are tied for first in points scored, each team is assigned a ranking of "1" in that category, and if Team C is third, its ranking will still be "3."

LJ11

It's going to suck getting bounced quickly in the playoffs. CPU games did me no favors except boost my rush/defensive numbers. Hope I make run though, try to win this thing for a change.

Even in the best of times bluemax could be a bit of a dick but he's admittedly had a rough go over the last year, maybe more, so he'd lash out at times. I personally liked him, posted in many of the same threads I did, got along well with him, and he generally made good posts over the years.

He must've deleted bluemax's post

Yeah, I tried reading through that garbage and saw nothing, what shit.

I remember the days when you got banned on the spot for making a fat joke, I wonder why? Now it's fair game. Got banned for using the word cunt (Asham is a cunt, and sucks at hockey), a couple of months later you had free reign to use it.

DCX

DCX
I'm on ready to go and Bird is in minecraft :/ It might not be him. I sent him a msg saying i could be ready in 30 and he responded " wait...what?" Nothing since :(

DCX

BigAT

Ugh, sucks to get jobbed out of the playoffs due to Madden tie breakers, but so it goes I guess. I left a couple of wins on the table this season, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating to be left out with a 12-4 record. I would have liked to make one last run at the playoffs since there are already a stupid amount of CPU games going on, but I guess it isn't meant to be.

I think this is the first and only season I've missed the playoffs in four years of Madden, so there is the bittersweet feeling of remembering that accomplishment but having it end like this.

so how deep into tiebreakers did it go to settle the nfc wild cards?

Not far enough apparently. :-\

DCX

DCX
GG Bird. Can't believe my D didn't force one turnover. Thats just stupid. Good luck the rest of the way.

DCX

Birdman02

GG Bird. Can't believe my D didn't force one turnover. Thats just stupid. Good luck the rest of the way.

DCX

GG man. I thought you were gonna pull off the comeback when my guys started dropping passes in the 4th qtr....especially the one by Ausberry that could have easily been a TD.

Jacquizz Rogers has been a horse in my games against you...guess he was upset about being let go! His hot streak probably helped, but unfortunately that is over now. I'm not exactly sure why, but he's now on a cold streak.

Top Bottom