• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Mrbob

Was EA too cheap to pony up the money for the real version of the song? I couldn't believe it when:

1) The song actually played during the trailer

2) It was a cover

After Visceral said the PC version is worthless I'm waiting till 5 dollars for this game.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Dude, that song is amazing. That song should not be in a Dead Space 3 trailer.

Ok, thats better. I thought you were talking shit about Phil. I agree with you on that bad cover being in the trailer being real stupid.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
PHILCOLLINS.10.jpg

My dude.

the thing about mad world is that it is perhaps the only instance in music history where the cover is better than the original.

i love tears for fears but that version is trash

Smokey

Did anyone play the DS3 demo besides me? I thought it was really disappointing.

Apparently it's a bad indication of the full game...from what I read earlier from people who watched a stream?

Plus there is a classic mode in there that leaves off the co op bs. May check it out when it hits $30 or so.

LukeSmith

who cares? what is he supposed to say? "that geriatric fuck can't touch my version!" i like johnny cash and think its a great cover, but superior to NIN's it is not

You have never been more wrong in all of history. NIN's original version is fine, Cash's version goes full Ray Lewis on it. Burn the cream suit

You have never been more wrong in all of history. NIN's original version is fine, Cash's version goes full Ray Lewis on it. Burn the cream suit

NIN version can never and will never be topped. maybe it's because the original is usually best, maybe because i've heard it so many times live and its incredible, or maybe it is just better!

i think the johnny cash version is great and part of what makes it great is at the time it was covered. some people are a victim of their time and in johnny's case he was a beneficiary of covering it when he was at the end of his line. cash's life retrofit into the song and it was almost like it was written for him to perform at that time.

i've found it to be very humorous over the years arguing with people about this and a lot of people didn't know that trent wrote it and when they find out they say "oh well what does a 26 year old know about life like this!" dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches!

Trasher

NIN version can never and will never be topped. maybe it's because the original is usually best, maybe because i've heard it so many times live and its incredible, or maybe it is just better!

i think the johnny cash version is great and part of what makes it great is at the time it was covered. some people are a victim of their time and in johnny's case he was a beneficiary of covering it when he was at the end of his line. cash's life retrofit into the song and it was almost like it was written for him to perform at that time.

i've found it to be very humorous over the years arguing with people about this and a lot of people didn't know that trent wrote it and when they find out they say "oh well what does a 26 year old know about life like this!" dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches!

You're just salty that Cash could make a song better on his deathbed while Trent was still a young pup with all the time in the world to polish it up.

DCX

DCX
i wonder if this means Sanjo is going to top his 11 int performance from that record breaking 70+ int season.

DCX

Top Bottom