• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

McNei1y

I'm still so confused on route names.

I thought:
Code:
 /
|
 \
was a corner route not
Code:
 /
|
|

I call this

Code:
   /
  /
 |
 |
a flag (if outside of right has mark) or a post (outside of left hash mark). Same thing with the reverse.

I also call your first route a corner. Because that's what it looks like to me. But I never use that route because it seems that ballhawking can easily snatch it.

Splat

I call this

Code:
   /
  /
 |
 |
a flag (if outside of right has mark) or a post (outside of left hash mark). Same thing with the reverse.

I also call your first route a corner. Because that's what it looks like to me. But I never use that route because it seems that ballhawking can easily snatch it.

Yeah I remember our route discussion from madden 12 and not really figuring it out. So basically a flag is a post to the sidelines?

Seems this year that Slants aren't nearly as good as in 12, but I can actually throw posts sometimes!

McNei1y

Yeah I remember our route discussion from madden 12 and not really figuring it out. So basically a flag is a post to the sidelines?

Seems this year that Slants aren't nearly as good as in 12, but I can actually throw posts sometimes!

Yeah. The way I was taught as a kid: That route is called a Post whenever it cuts towards the Field Goal posts. It is called a Flag whenever the cut is in the direction of the endzone pylons because they used to have tiny flags on them.

Those routes are my go to routes this year... Slants were mine last year. But slants this year seem to get stopped almost everytime. They are also the plays where I throw 75% of my interceptions since I always think I can lob a pass over my receivers shoulders... instead the defender will jump and pick it before my receiver even has a chance.

Trasher

That didn't work

I'm a frequent user of the slant route with Megatron as most of you are familiar with. The thing that works best is running man with your best CB and then shadowing with a linebacker as well to cut it underneath. I've also seen people drop a lineman back as well. Your best bet is to probably user control the LB. If you play zone I can generally pick my windows, and that's when I get big games from CJ.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Stop giving McNeily tips. Thanks.
What I'm saying is kindergarten level shit compared to LJ and Luke. If he really wants a couple of cheats tips he should ask about running the ball. I'm so glad I am out of my NFC west stretch, in that sense.

rinse82

I'm a frequent user of the slant route with Megatron as most of you are familiar with. The thing that works best is running man with your best CB and then shadowing with a linebacker as well to cut it underneath. I've also seen people drop a lineman back as well. Your best bet is to probably user control the LB. If you play zone I can generally pick my windows, and that's when I get big games from CJ.

Yeah, when I played you, what I had to start doing was shade the CB covering Johnson inside, and controlling my MLB to step-in to cut it off.

bluemax

Banned
I had 65 yards in our last game, you had 112. Maybe you should teach me.

You still have more rushing yards on the season!

I think my longest run came on the QB sneak, but I could be wrong.

Also, do any of you guys live in Austin or have suggestions on things to do if you were to spend a day in Austin?

rinse82

My team is giving up 10 PPG when you take away the defensive TD's scored by my opponent, we'll see what we can do against Soka's offensive juggernaut!

FMT's tip: Choose play, put controller down and let the auto D take care of itself.

How dare you!

I don't even pick the play. I let the clock tick down and the game picks for me. Like fate!

My numbers haven't been very good this season on either side of the ball aside from kaps completion %, not many sacks to speak of, low receptions, etc.

Trasher

FMT's tip: Choose play, put controller down and let the auto D take care of itself.

gz1Rv.jpg

People play Forza Horizons online like I played project gotham online.

Are you still playing? If you want to race legitimately you should go get Forza 4.
The Rally pack is like buying a whole new racing game, Forza needs to do a full on Rally game with how good they did this DLC.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Are you still playing? If you want to race legitimately you should go get Forza 4.
The Rally pack is like buying a whole new racing game, Forza needs to do a full on Rally game with how good they did this DLC.
Nah this was earlier. I don't mind how people play. Its just a huge change from playing the AI. They play how an actual Forza game would. People online is like bumper cars. Its kind of funny.

RSC2 was the best. I always remember FMT go flying off the sides of the mountains.

Top Bottom