• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Gg Shake. pretty good defensive battle. my rbs kept putting the ball on the ground so i tried to go to the passing game....and my receivers kept dropping balls to. luckily i was able to do just enough to win thanks to a couple if turnovers.

And I lost jimmy graham for 8 weeks. :'(

Yeah I got lucky on a few of those drops. One of them woulda been an easy 6 for sure. I just couldn't adjust my offense to find holes in your D. I just kept running the same vanilla dink and dunk shit over and over hoping it would work. I really need to improve my passing game or i stand no chance in this league.

DCX

DCX
lol are levious and whoever even playing?

edit -

nm looks like they are playing right now! league should be vancin within an hour

p.s.

i have to go to the market to get something to eat (my wife said she had a "late lunch" and wouldn't be making/eating dinner which i'm assuming means she banged some other guy today and can no longer stand the sight of me) so either luke or CB may need to vance it!
Lol I laughed to hard at this.

DCX

Birdman02

You were really close to breaking a couple of those outside runs with charles. a couple of chasedown tackles by vilma saved me. those could have definitely changed the game.

Trasher

This just in: Jahvid Best has forgotten how to catch screen passes.

gg eznark. Hilariously dumb game per usual. My favorite moment might have been that last INT I threw where CJ had the ball in his hands, but your CB came away with it. GAME IS TRASH

Edit: Anyone have a line on Cola? Oh wait. Doesn't he go to bed at like 7pm my time?

eznark

Banned

gg eznark. Hilariously dumb game per usual. My favorite moment might have been that last INT I threw where CJ had the ball in his hands, but your CB came away with it. GAME IS TRASH

Huh, that's not how the play looked on my end. I did have two defensive linemen with interceptions! A few plays I only brought one and had my d linemen drop into zone. I got a sack and two picks out of it!

Ramirez

petecarroll.gif

Game is so fucking trash.

Tired of spies that just run parallel with a scrambling QB allowing them to do whatever the fuck they want as long as they don't cross an imaginary line. INTs off dropped passes that were basically on a guys shoe lace, ballhawk INTs out my ass, meanwhile my guys are standing right next to a guy and make no play on the ball. Just ugh.

Still can't run the ball to save my life, doesn't matter what I try, I've ran every single run play in the playbook, they're all stonewalled every single time.

Trasher

Huh, that's not how the play looked on my end. I did have two defensive linemen with interceptions! A few plays I only brought one and had my d linemen drop into zone. I got a sack and two picks out of it!

That first pick I threw I wasn't anticipating that lag, and if I had thrown it a tad earlier or later, CJ probably would have been gone haha. But alas, your DE snatched it!

Concussions will do that.

Every time he caught it he would run 4 yards back to get it when he had TONS of space and no one near him. So stupid.

bluemax

Banned

Edit: Anyone have a line on Cola? Oh wait. Doesn't he go to bed at like 7pm my time?

He's usually available around 11pm PST. He's not on AIM right now but if you PM him on GAF I find he always answers pretty fast.

Week 5

Next vance date: Saturday (1/19) @ 9 pm pst

Games:

Broncos @ Texans
Panthers @ Cowboys
Giants @ Skins
Seahawks @ Jets
Eagles @ Bucs
Rams @ Fins
Chiefs @ Bengals
Lions @ Cards
Bears @ Colts
Packers @ titans
Raiders @ Saints
Steelers @ Browns
Vikes @ Jags
Bills @ Pats

NFC OPOTW: Cam Newton (Panthers) - 10/15, 223 yards, 4 TD, 1 int, 3 Car, 21 Yards
NFC DPOTW: T. Lee (Panthers) - 4 tackles, 1 int, 1 TD

AFC OPOTW: CJ Spiller (Bills) - 16 car, 68 yards, 2 TD, 3 rec, 96 yards, 1 TD
AFC DPOTW: Ladarius Webb (Ravens) - 2 tackles, 3 int, 1 TD

lol so, I've given up one of the "POTW" awards to my opponents for 3 out of the 4 weeks... well 2 out of the 4 at lesat. But this week, I give up both the OPOTW and DPOTW... go me!

what kind of food did you get

i bought some french rolls and deli meat from the supermarket! now i will have lunch and dinner for myself tomorrow even if that wench pulls this stunt again!

DMczaf

Another road game?

You gotta be bleeping kidding me!

i2UPQcvDtuUQG.gif

bluemax

Banned
Hmm, so I have the 10th ranked pass offense and 12th ranked rushing offense and that somehow adds up to 6th overall offense. I'll take it!

Then again I'm tied with MrBoob for like 20th in scoring :/

1st in third down conversion percentage, second in third downs faced. Hmm, not sure how to feel about that.

Also I'm 10th in passing offense despite facing the 4th ranked pass defense twice so far! Then again I have to face #1 after my bye week :(

McNei1y

gg at. It's not fun when I don't know what to do against your passing d. Game changed when Griffin threw that lob pass interception when I was calling for a sharp pass. I held down A and the ball is lobbed for an easy pick. Shit, I was in your territory and I could've gone up at least 13-0 instead of allowing a touchdown on that drive.

1-4 for [name of best draft pick]

I mean holy shit, a 4.0 passing rating?

BigAT

gg at. It's not fun when I don't know what to do against your passing d. Game changed when Griffin threw that lob pass interception when I was calling for a sharp pass.

1-4 for [name of best draft pick]

GG. You played me really well on defense, even discounting the fumbles. I think Ahmad Bradshaw might be permanently broken now or something. Two fumbles (both lost) on six carries to start the game, after 4 in 9 last week. David Wilson is getting increased reps.

bluemax

Banned
I think I brought this up last night when we were discussing right tackles, but my right tackle with a measly 35 awareness allowed only 1 sack last season. He wasn't a starter for like a week or two but I would say he worked out pretty well.

For reference he has an 83 in PBK and a 90 in IBK.

McNei1y

I'm so confused how I'm struggling so much on offense after having two decent seasons beforehand. I even acquired Steve Smith, who usually catches the ball when he has a chance at it. Everyone seems to be covering me like white on rice, no matter the route. So everything is fucked. Dropped passes are a pain. Paul and Davis both dropped wide open passes which would've been first downs, instead they dick me and require a punt. Running the ball doesn't work with this team since it seems like everyone on defense knows when I run the ball. Or I get stuck.

On defense, I still can't stop a comeback route. And not only do I give up the 10 yards, D. Hall or Josh Wilson fucks up the tackle. And if its not that, they give up that stupid fade route that everyone does.

1-4 is still better than the first season when I went 1-8 and finished the season 7-9 but I don't like my chances. I'm probably out of the playoffs already (Who am I kidding, I'm out of the playoffs when every season starts).

I'm so confused how I'm struggling so much on offense after having two decent seasons beforehand. I even acquired Steve Smith, who usually catches the ball when he has a chance at it. Everyone seems to be covering me like white on rice, no matter the route. So everything is fucked. Dropped passes are a pain. Paul and Davis both dropped wide open passes which would've been first downs, instead they dick me and require a punt. Running the ball doesn't work with this team since it seems like everyone on defense knows when I run the ball. Or I get stuck.

On defense, I still can't stop a comeback route. And not only do I give up the 10 yards, D. Hall or Josh Wilson fucks up the tackle. And if its not that, they give up that stupid fade route that everyone does.

1-4 is still better than the first season when I went 1-8 and finished the season 7-9 but I don't like my chances. I'm probably out of the playoffs already (I'm out of the playoffs when every season starts).

i'll give you some tips tomorrow if you remind me. unless you don't want or need my help

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mcneily was in the playoffs once and almost beat me if not for OUR hero Vince Young.

Now he is livewire. The regression is sad.

BigAT

If it's what I think you're referring to, it's not a fade, just a fly route (at least with me).

McNei1y

i'll give you some tips tomorrow if you remind me. unless you don't want or need my help

I can use all the help I can get. I like practicing against people in regular games but it doesn't really do much since the rosters are so different.

It's just certain areas that I'm struggling in that have killed me season after season. It's usually certain pass routes (like the comeback route) that I fail to call the right plays on. And it's also my offensive playcalling or my lack of ideas when all of my receivers are covered heavily.

Oh and is there a third "coverage" that my corners can be in when playing man? It seems that they are either A) pressing or B) playing soooooo far off.

Mcneily was in the playoffs once and almost beat me if not for OUR hero Vince Young.

Now he is livewire. The regression is sad.

lol. I'm the same player I've always been. There's no regression here. I still think I can make the playoffs year after year but with a lot of the talent in this league, .500 ain't gonna cut it. I just need some pointers that can help me out in the areas that kill me and I think I could be even better.

The one thing that matters, though, is that it's all a good time, especially that I'm using the Redskins. I just wish I didn't screw up in certain areas so I know that I could at least play someone competitively without giving up easy TD's or failing miserably on moving the ball down the field.

I also think I could've made the playoffs in Season 1. I lost to three teams due to shitty fumbles and my lack of experience in certain areas (like getting abused by a TE). But since that season, I think I've mastered coverage with my LB.
If it's what I think you're referring to, it's not a fade, just a fly route (at least with me).

Yea, whichever route that is. Soka tells me that it usually works for him, especially in zone coverage because he's somehow able to slip the pass in between my corner and FS.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go back to using the Redskins playbook or at least find a new playbook to mess around with.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
MASTERED coverage with a linebacker. That's a powerful statement for anyone, let alone a guy that's giving up like 40 points per game

McNei1y

If I can get to .500 by the end of the season, I'll consider that a win. I'll be right in the middle of the pack over the three seasons. Off the top of my head, I still play DM, CBx2, AT, Soka, and Levi. Not sure who else. If it's the exact same as Season 1 schedule then I play Splat, Birdles, DCX, Azwethinkweiz, and Cola.

MASTERED coverage with a linebacker. That's a powerful statement for anyone, let alone a guy that's giving up like 40 points per game

Nice job pulling a number out of your ass. I'm not giving up touchdowns to tightends or receivers coming across the middle.

bluemax

Banned

1-4 is still better than the first season when I went 1-8 and finished the season 7-9 but I don't like my chances. I'm probably out of the playoffs already (Who am I kidding, I'm out of the playoffs when every season starts).

No offense but from what I recall you weren't very good on offense last year. You had a sub 50% completion rate and no one to be scared of on offense outside of MJD. You over achieved record wise.

By last year I mean the previous season of Madden. Not real life.

Top Bottom