• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden 13 X360 Thread of Crow and Ramirez Join the NFC West!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wish there was a way to tell if our INTs are up relative to past Maddens. Everyone likes to complain about ballhawk (some of it justified), but it doesn't feel like our INT numbers are significantly worse than they were in previous versions. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm throwing picks at the same rate I have in the past...ignoring the 1-2 games every season that I throw 5+ because I get pissed off.

I'm about the same as in the past but I've actually been pretty conscientious about trying not to throw any, but there are now hilarious looking spikes. My last five games interception wise look like - 0/0/1/0/4. And that 4 was in one half. Last season it was 0/0/0/7/7/0. Of course in the first game it will look like I'm just throwing a pick a game when it's not the case.

Worst part is it keeps Bradford on the stupid cold streaks.

eznark

Banned
130131-driver-donald-710a.jpg

Yeah there are a ton of picks that happen in the game that should be deflections or just flat out missed throws. I feel like in this game when there isn't a catch there's like three options:

1) Hilariously over/underthrown
2) Deflected/Dropped Pick
3) Intercepted

It seems like the moment the ball is thrown the ball is up in the air and whoever really has the best position to catch the ball where ever it is will end up getting it no matter what. It's a little retarded now that I think of it because I'm pretty sure my secondary makes better catches in traffic than my WR (Especially when they make physics bending body motions)

DCX

DCX
The pick that Qs DE made was a perfect example of this.

I had two wrs on the left and two tes on the right and I saw the outside te has a cushion and felt if I had enough time I could wait till he cleared the DE go into his break and pass lead to the sideline right and I should of had a TD as the LB or safety would have never made it in time to defend the pass.

I snap the ball saw the DE fighting my RT and I threw the pass and the DE shed the block threw himself sideways and backwards two feet in the air and made the pick! Game is trash. Not even JJ Watt would have been able to do that and he is a beast.

DCX

LukeSmith

Ballhawk isn't great but it's not the origin of game is garbage.

The picks often come on bad throws into coverage and missing windows.

Most of my picks are throws I shouldn't have made at all. I force it, I get greedy, LJ baits me, whatever -- it's usually on me.

Most of the people in this league don't and can't find holes in coverages and ballhawk certainly doesn't help that problem.

eznark

Banned

Most of my picks are throws I shouldn't have made at all. I force it, I get greedy, LJ baits me, whatever -- it's usually on me.

Most of the people in this league don't and can't find holes in coverages and ballhawk certainly doesn't help that problem.

At this point the only throws I think ball hawk really fucks me on are fades where the corner is beaten and the safety shouldn't be able to react as quickly as they do. A safety who bites on a post shouldn't be able to insta-adjust and high point a fade/corner

I just don't throw them anymore though, so whatever.

Birdman02

That's pretty much exactly how I feel.

McNei1y

Sorry splat, I came home from a night out and didn't realize we play. I can go whenever today.

Ballhawk is completely my fault but they really need to change the fade routes or the slant routes that get picked because you cant throw over a shoulder.

eznark

Banned
I'm going to try tonight, if nothing else I guess I'll create a game. Even the server browser never populated with a single game.

Bob, how is Omerta? There was a Mafia strategy game like 10 years ago or so, cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. I love that game.

eznark

Banned
Do you remember the game I am thinking of, that Mafia strategy game that is like 10 years old. I can't think of it and it's killing me.

I'm not going to buy the hunter edition because Crysis made me watch that long ass video in the beta

Do you remember the game I am thinking of, that Mafia strategy game that is like 10 years old. I can't think of it and it's killing me.

Are you talking about the game where there are citizens, cops, doctors, and shit that people play on the bus?

Splat

Sorry splat, I came home from a night out and didn't realize we play. I can go whenever today.

Ballhawk is completely my fault but they really need to change the fade routes or the slant routes that get picked because you cant throw over a shoulder.

It's cool, I enjoyed the hit and run vagina post. I won't be able to play tonight unless it's super late if at all.

Trasher

I don't get this, you admitted that you have used ballhawk this season after our game. Of course your secondary will put up numbers.

?

Ballhawking isn't illegal. It's the glitchy "hold Y at the start of the play" that is/should be illegal. You're telling me you don't ever use ballhawk?

How far are you? I agree but I am about to take on the volcano boss and I hear that one is a bitch.

Just styled all over the volcano boss who i also heard was hard :/

I was level 18 when i fought him don't know how much that matters. Im sure the bosses scale up.

Spoilers below on how I beat him

I used oliver and stayed just out of range of his fire breath attack. For some reason the game things you are close enough to get hit so he uses it over and over and over and never hits you. Sit back and hit him with spells and make sure to defend his volcanic eruption thing and you have absolutely nothing to worry about

sooooooooooo disappointed in the temple of trials i figured that was going to be a bitch - and was kinda looking forward to it being that way!

McNei1y

It's cool, I enjoyed the hit and run vagina post. I won't be able to play tonight unless it's super late if at all.

Alright we'll knock it out tomorrow. What time is good for you? I'd prefer between 5-8pm est.

And just curious, what is super late in terms of EST tonight?

Top Bottom