• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LJ11

Good game wellie tore up my run, didn't help matter with my shitty lb play. You're backs are too quick for me to try and shoot a gap, just gets me out of position, lesson learned.

Anyone else want to play?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Hey man, at least he was down when he went for it on fourth down. Levious was up like 21-3 in the second quarter and went for it on fourth down on me... it was only fourth down and 3 though or something like that

it would have been a 58 yard field goal.

SB is gonna be FMT vs Smokey or Ramirez.

Playoffs:

AFC
LJ
Ram
Smokey
Nightz
Crow
Pheeniks!

NFC
FMT
BigAT
Birdman
CB
Wellington

you mean Bullshit CPU team as manned by FMT!

and smokey could have easily won that game, just like a lot of people could have, but they insist on throw throw throw throw throw and eventually something bad is going to happen. the play that turned the game was a user pick out of 4 wide. he kept going to out routes to his TE (lined up as a wr) and so eventually i just manually controlled pwill and undercut the throw for a pick 6, or maybe i returned it inside the 5. then smokey got flustered and started throwing picks all over the place!

if he was just patient, a 27-7 lead should have been more than enough to win the game

Smokey

SB is gonna be FMT vs Smokey or Ramirez.

Playoffs:

AFC
LJ
Ram
Smokey
Nightz
Crow
Pheeniks!

NFC
FMT
BigAT
Birdman
CB
mrbob
Wellington

I have had my fun with you and so from this point on I will refer to you as Rorschach! So Rors I know you're trying to be diplomatic but we all know this post is factually incorrect.

I predict the SB winner will be the Eagles. This is the year that CB steps up and Vick gets his first ship!

you mean Bullshit CPU team as manned by FMT!

and smokey could have easily won that game, just like a lot of people could have, but they insist on throw throw throw throw throw and eventually something bad is going to happen. the play that turned the game was a user pick out of 4 wide. he kept going to out routes to his TE (lined up as a wr) and so eventually i just manually controlled pwill and undercut the throw for a pick 6, or maybe i returned it inside the 5. then smokey got flustered and started throwing picks all over the place!

if he was just patient, a 27-7 lead should have been more than enough to win the game

Ok I'll put on my serious hat now. I know that I could have won. Once Foster went out I tried with Tate, wasn't too pleased so I decided to slang. Wouldn't be a bad thing to do anyway since this was my 3rd time using a new book and it's mainly for slanging anyway. Some good stuff in there but some of that shit can get overly complicated. So combine that with your defense swarming I ended up unloading a pass to get it out which equaled a pick most of the time lol

I have had my fun with you and so from this point on I will refer to you as Rorschach! So Rors I know you're trying to be diplomatic but we all know this post is factually incorrect.

I predict the SB winner will be the Eagles. This is the year that CB steps up and Vick gets his first ship!

Ok I'll put on my serious hat now. I know that I could have won. Once Foster went out I tried with Tate, wasn't too pleased so I decided to slang. Wouldn't be a bad thing to do anyway since this was my 3rd time using a new book and it's mainly for slanging anyway.

you ran like 2 times with tate after foster got injured lol. then you ran a few more times after the game was out of reach. like i said (and like i do!) there is no shame in running to keep a team honest and punting the ball away but do as you will with your new playbook

p.s. i didn't really have any opportunities to abuse kap running cheese against the texans.... their pass rush is ferocious! i got sacked 6 times and had a couple throw aways where i could have easily been sacked. also got hit while throwing a couple times

Smokey

you ran like 2 times with tate after foster got injured lol. then you ran a few more times after the game was out of reach. like i said (and like i do!) there is no shame in running to keep a team honest and punting the ball away but do as you will with your new playbook

p.s. i didn't really have any opportunities to abuse kap running cheese against the texans.... their pass rush is ferocious! i got sacked 6 times and had a couple throw aways where i could have easily been sacked. also got hit while throwing a couple times

Tate did have one big run I think? But he obviously isn't as quick as Foster. He's still good though (rated 84-86 i think) but is a different style of back from Foster. I should probably start using him more since Foster getting hurt will most likely happen at some point during the year. In a league situation I wouldn't of went into slang mode like that if I was up by that amount.

did i just see some expectations from rors for me?

uh oh

You're the Jags? If so it seems fate does not want us seperated!

Tate did have one big run I think? But he obviously isn't as quick as Foster. He's still good though (rated 84-86 i think) but is a different style of back from Foster. I should probably start using him more since Foster getting hurt will most likely happen at some point during the year. In a league situation I wouldn't of went into slang mode like that if I was up by that amount.

You're the Jags? If so it seems fate does not want us seperated!

no, miami is mine whether or not I play drizzler

thank god best buy gave me forty for ncaa. i have xbox live expiring soon!

Rorschach

Just my hunch! FMT back on top like in the old days!

LJ11

Good game cb, not really though, it was a no contest. Bad decisions out of frustration, my receivers don't separate. Those slants you were throwing, and Wellie threw in the previous game, in tight coverage, its an int when I do it. Forget about going deep with Fitz, nightmare. Feel like I have to play a perfect game to keep it close.

Edit anyone else want a game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Good game cb, not really though, it was a no contest. Bad decisions out of frustration, my receivers don't separate. Those slants you were throwing, and Wellie threw in the previous game, in tight coverage, its an int when I do it. Forget about going deep with Fitz, nightmare. Feel like I have to play a perfect game to keep it close.

Edit anyone else want a game.

Yeah I got really lucky on a number of passes.

Smokey

need reminder so i dont piss off anybody...when manually playing LB you are not allowed to rush the line with that player even if he is designated to blitz? if it's a running play though its fair game right

DCX

DCX
need reminder so i dont piss off anybody...when manually playing LB you are not allowed to rush the line with that player even if he is designated to blitz? if it's a running play though its fair game right

You could rush the line but not break it. Like i a bluff, but in a play action or running play you can rush the QB as a LB. As far as i know, rules change quick around here.

DCX

he is in the process of moving to chicago and yeah said 5th or 6th. its up to the shadow council!

lets just say drizzler better pray to donnie or whoever is responsible for updating the rosters that they aren't done before he is around because he will lose the dolphins and possibly lose his spot in the league to daw or story! i don't want to do it but the league starts when the updated rosters are up!

p.s.

hilarious that CB says GG when he wins, but when he loses it's just a laundry list of excuses!

Rorschach

Correct. If it's a passing play, you're not allowed, but if it's a running play, you can go in. Any time the QB breaks the tackle box, you can go in too. If your player already crossed the LOS and is about to tackle the QB, you can control him to finish off the play so he doesn't dive like a moron.

What makes it awesome. All I know about it is it used to be true crime

i'm only a few hours into the game but the graphics are good, the combat is good and the story is entertaining so far. you are an undercover cop and infiltrate one of the main asian gangs. so you have two mission types: "bad guy" missions for the gang, and officer missions for the cops.

the hand to hand combat is the best thing about it. going from GTA's garbage hand to hand to this precise martial arts hand to hand with counters and upgradeable moves is like night and day.

if you like open world games i have to believe you would like this game. my only complaint is sometimes when i'm riding on the motorcycle and get up to really high speeds there is some kind of weird effect.... i can't really explain it, it's like the camera is slightly going in and out, in and out, in and out. bothersome but i got used to it.... not sure if its like this in the PC or ps3 version, i'm playing on 360

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
They have a 2 for 60 deal going that includes some fairly new releases. darksiders 2 is part of it

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
All this week

Amazing Spiderman
Arkham City
Battlefield 3
Darksiders 2
Mass Effect 3
Max Payne 3
Modern Warfare 3
NCAA Football 13
Prototype 2
Sleeping Dogs

Sanjuro

Max Payne 3 was one of the better single player games I've played in a while. Wasn't too long, wasn't too short. Ton of fun to play.

LJ11

Good game Big, too many mistakes on my end. I'm the worst player right now. Some of it is the team, but a lot of it is on me.

BigAT

Good game Big, too many mistakes on my end. I'm the worst player right now. Some of it is the team, but a lot of it is on me.

GG, I was trying some different things on defense that game and I think it resulted in better pressure. I might have to experiment with that more and see if I want to stick with it.

Top Bottom