• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

well lets see, livewire did this shitty drop back all game and i think i beat him by 40 points or so. i think he had about 80 yards passing, and most of it came on a fluke deep bomb.

i'm not sure if the icons turn off or not when you drop back that far but the accuracy you have is god awful.

Made my secondary look pretty accurate to real life with it. Always had a crossing route come open -_-

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rams eh? I'll start practicing for AT hardcore tonight.

We agreed to play it out just before the league starts up, when do you guys anticipate that happening?

Mrbob

Anyone else play Walking Dead episode 3? I tried to play through it last night and almost got done with it but ended up being too tired to continue. Looking at the Steam cheevos I only have one more section to go. I literally blurted out "Holy Shit!" at one moment in the episode. I can't remember the last time I've done that during a game (except when cursing you Madden cheesers). Episode 3 is totally boss too. Amazing. Can't wait to finish it up later tonight!

LiveWire

Yo Livewire, on behalf of CB, FMT and myself: Quit dropping back like a retard in your games, a la Smokey M12

Not dropping back intentionally just trying to avoid pressure. I scrambled to the right/left more than back. I stay in the pocket I get destroyed.

Sack/fumble. Next?

you have a designed play. its either a 3/5/7 step drop and the ball needs to be out. i didn't watch every single play when we played but i dont remember you stepping up in the pocket once and my ends were just coming around the edge and demolishing you because you dropped back so far.

whatever though, do what you want! not my job to improve your playing abilities.... nor my desire! if this was a madden-wide epidemic then why aren't you getting tons of sacks? no one else is dropping back 10-20 yards everytime and they're still having success

DCX

DCX
you have a designed play. its either a 3/5/7 step drop and the ball needs to be out. i didn't watch every single play when we played but i dont remember you stepping up in the pocket once and my ends were just coming around the edge and demolishing you because you dropped back so far.

whatever though, do what you want! not my job to improve your playing abilities.... nor my desire! if this was a madden-wide epidemic then why aren't you getting tons of sacks? no one else is dropping back 10-20 yards everytime and they're still having success

This. Plus generally if you are out of the pocket you need to be heading up field and either looking to throw/throw the ball out of bounds or run. Coming from ATL Vick user.

DCX

eznark

Banned
Anyone else play Walking Dead episode 3? I tried to play through it last night and almost got done with it but ended up being too tired to continue. Looking at the Steam cheevos I only have one more section to go. I literally blurted out "Holy Shit!" at one moment in the episode. I can't remember the last time I've done that during a game (except when cursing you Madden cheesers). Episode 3 is totally boss too. Amazing. Can't wait to finish it up later tonight!

So it's good? I've only read a couple of impressions but they were pretty negative. I'm hoping to grab it tonight.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lol stepping up usually works. Just not against the 9ers super DE's.

I do love when people run all over with mobile QB's just cause they can, though. It usually doesn't work out in their favor

eznark

Banned

I do love when people run all over with mobile QB's just cause they can, though. It usually doesn't work out in their favor

Back in Madden 08 though....so much Seneca Wallace cheese!

you had all day to throw at times in our last game and still threw 4 picks. you also had almost 100 yards rushing with vick so they aren't that dominant or you wouldn't have been able to get out of the pocket at all!

Mrbob

Yeah FMT has the Cheese Award for CPU auto win excellence this season! Ramirez has been stripped of the title!

So it's good? I've only read a couple of impressions but they were pretty negative. I'm hoping to grab it tonight.

Hmm, not sure what there is to dislike. I think it's a big step up from Episode 2, which I didn't enjoy as much as others.

Rorschach

Running around seems to work this year as corners can't make sharp turns. Someone is bound to be wide the fuck open. It's just a matter of finding them.

But I guess that's easier said than done because in those situations, you're usually running for your life. And you'd need a QB that can throw on the run.

Yeah FMT has the Cheese Award for CPU auto win excellence this season! Ramirez has been stripped of the title!

Hmm, not sure what there is to dislike. I think it's a big step up from Episode 2, which I didn't enjoy as much as others.

yeah since the bears D is just god awful in the game. it's actually not too dissimilar from the 49ers except for a couple things:

1. the real life 49ers D is actually good
2. i don't throw into double and triple coverage like you do so i don't have as many int's thrown on the stat sheet

Rorschach

DRAFT IN 1.5HRS!

I don't remember the 9ers D being all that. The Steelers D is better IMO. Troy's still got it in Madden.

[edit] The only thing I remember is the DL... which is pretty crazy.

CB3

As long as your not in a cover 2 or cover 1 man rushing 4, you should be able to get to the qb before that happens. There are the occasional exceptions that can skirt by (Vick, RG, maybe Locker and Luck, as well as Kaepernick which Im sure is inocoming) but that's part of what makes those guys good. The threat of running is greater than actually running under most situations.

Sokantish

I downloaded it and have been meaning to play it but with Madden and Guild Wars 2 I haven't really found the time yet. I'm pretty excited, but also maybe it's better to wait a little bit so that way the sting of waiting for the next episode doesn't hurt so much.

DRAFT IN 1.5HRS!

I don't remember the 9ers D being all that. The Steelers D is better IMO. Troy's still got it in Madden.

In my game against the Steelers I couldn't do anything at all offense, it was horrible

gg Mcneily

I felt so out of it early. You kept me off kilter all game on when you were on offense and I never got things started when I was on offense. Much better than your last game

McNei1y

Gg gold. Finally i didnt get shit on by the game! Its also lame I cant hold LT when a questionable play happened beforehand.

CB3

Fmt you really just need to accept the fact you have a super team. Who cares, lean into it. Its not like any of us can do anything about it. Just give in. Atleast Ramirez was somewhat self aware last year.

Fmt you really just need to accept the fact you have a super team. Who cares, lean into it. Its not like any of us can do anything about it. Just give in. Atleast Ramirez was somewhat self aware last year.

pot%2Bkettle%2Bblack.jpg

when did i ever disagree with that? you guys act like im arguing with you that the defense (well, the front 7 anyways) is incredible. i'm not. but even the niners could be destroyed in the wrong hands. for instance, do you think you could play livewire and he beats up on you? no.

but lets not pretend they are the only team with any talent. i've been beaten before but when people want to put the ball up 40 times a game and abandon the run, what do you think is going to happen?

p.s.

and lulz, as goldy pointed out, don't act like YOU haven't had a fucking superteam in the past either (or currently do!)

Ramirez

CB probably has the best offense in the game, yet still finds a way to be completely average and throw the super team insult towards everyone else, hilarious!

The dream team is dead in madden. Maclin desean and Vick are all in the 80's!

and then you talk shit about the 49ers D being elite but you fail to mention that i routinely put up 5+ TD's on you per game with my offense. the only "elite" player on my offense is VD. i'm probably using one of the worst rated starting QB's in the league (haven't checked so i have no idea, but it has to be in the bottom 10)

Sokantish

CB probably has the best offense in the game, yet still finds a way to be completely average and throw the super team insult towards everyone else, hilarious!

If his offense was so good why did he only go like 25/26 with a pathetic 400 passing yards(maybe 500)

... stupid eagles

CB3

Average? I had the highest scoring offense in 12 year in and out. And if I recall the questions about the eagles were that the front 7 were weak. That was true last year and true this year. In madden anyway. Real life has not been played out.

I also managed to keep every weapon on offense, better my o-line, and add my best WR in round 3 of the draft, all under a salary cap, and fielded a team of 53 players. Unlike others who caused roster rules to be put in place

Mrbob

Average? I had the highest scoring offense in 12 year in and out. And if I recall the questions about the eagles were that the front 7 were weak. That was true last year and true this year. In madden anyway. Real life has not been played out.

I also managed to keep every weapon on offense, better my o-line, and add my best WR in round 3 of the draft, all under a salary cap, and fielded a team of 53 players. Unlike others who caused roster rules to be put in place

You should have cut Vick and then resigned him in the same off season at a much lower cap hit!

LukeSmith

and then you talk shit about the 49ers D being elite but you fail to mention that i routinely put up 5+ TD's on you per game with my offense. the only "elite" player on my offense is VD. i'm probably using one of the worst rated starting QB's in the league (haven't checked so i have no idea, but it has to be in the bottom 10)

Alex Smith is tied for 20th overall with:
Andy Dalton
RG3

Just behind:
Carson Palmer
Andrew Luck

FMT has more players 90+ OVR than CB and Ramirez combined (2 of those are probably his special teams tho, and those might not count!)

Ramirez

How many chips you get?

My roster had 53 the season I beat you.

/Yaaaaaaawn

You should have cut Vick and then resigned him in the same off season at a much lower cap hit!

lets be completely honest: if vick hit the FA market, CB would never see him again because people would have bid insane amounts on him. no one gives a shit about eli. i say this was a shrewd business move by AT and why he was a successful cap manager!

and i think it's bullshit that vick doesn't get hurt more often in the game. someone needs to tell donny to lower that injury rating! i needs to see me some foles!

CB3

53 forced fumbles or 53 players. I'm confused by the wording there.

Edit: Bitch we have played 3 games and you already saw foles once. That's enough.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
DRAFT IN 1.5HRS!

Good thing I saw this, forgot about it again. Time to go sign in on Yahoo

Top Bottom