• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LJ11

Is there any like playbooks that are clearly better than others or is it all about preference? I've always just used the playbook of whichever team I was playing as

Absolutely. It always comes down to preference, but there are certain plays/formations and routes that are more effective than others.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I bought a slim on launch. Gave my 2nd replaced old Xbox to a friend. It redringed on him like a month later. I knew it was coming!

Smokey

I'm still rocking the real OG PS3 though..the 60GB model. Had it since December of its launch year (FIVE HUNDRED NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS)! Still works fine although it's debatable if that's because it's built better or doesn't get as much use as the 360.

McNei1y

I had 3 OG xboxes (each one red ringed, all had warranties). Then bought an arcade. 2 years later, my family bought one of those black/slim xboxes for my bro and we switched.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BTW, the discount ninja discussion yesterday on here reminded me about something. For you bros that have the Amazon Visa or the Citi Forward card for additional cashback through Amazon, make sure to stack it with the 3% cashback from Fatwallet. So with the 3% from the Amazon Visa you're getting 6% cashback, with the Forward you're getting 8%.

BTW, the discount ninja discussion yesterday on here reminded me about something. For you bros that have the Amazon Visa or the Citi Forward card for additional cashback through Amazon, make sure to stack it with the 3% cashback from Fatwallet. So with the 3% from the Amazon Visa you're getting 6% cashback, with the Forward you're getting 8%.

link?

Yep, Percy Harvin "beat" corners on two of these in Soka and I's game. Seems amazing

percy harvin didn't do shit against me!

Sokantish

Percy really wouldn't have done that much that game either, I was just looking over there when his CB screwed up a couple times

Sokantish

I haven't had the chance to try ballhawk yet, one time I thought I did but then my guy just stood there and let the WR catch it and run it in for a TD.

eznark

Banned
The place i felt like i noticed it was tou closing on crossing routes from behind. At the end i was trowing them just to sort of test it and your DBs were making up three plus yards on crossing routes.

gg eznark. The first half is the closest I've ever seen myself run a fluid offense like that.

I dont know if the Ravens defense totally fucked my depth chart or what but good lord at the personnel. The game put Burnett at MLB for the majority of the game. Hilarious.

ballhawk is awesome. its about time tiburon had some give-back to the defense. i haven't seen a "bullshit" ballhawk yet where the ball didn't deserve to get picked. no longer can people just throw the ball up or at coverage without some risk

eznark

Banned
ballhawk is awesome. its about time tiburon had some give-back to the defense. i haven't seen a "bullshit" ballhawk yet where the ball didn't deserve to get picked. no longer can people just throw the ball up or at coverage without some risk

I agree for the most part, except the past couple games it seems like it's given trailing d-backs a speed boost. It doesn't bother me at all. I used to pretty much find the user-controlled dback and throw at him and it worked like 80% of the time. Now obviously that doesn't work which is cool.

Deep jump balls are totally dead now though if my experience is universal. I've picked off pretty much every end of half/game jump ball by just holding Y.

I agree for the most part, except the past couple games it seems like it's given trailing d-backs a speed boost. It doesn't bother me at all. I used to pretty much find the user-controlled dback and throw at him and it worked like 80% of the time. Now obviously that doesn't work which is cool.

Deep jump balls are totally dead now though if my experience is universal. I've picked off pretty much every end of half/game jump ball by just holding Y.

depends on who it is against. i can't say if my opponent used Y but ive gotten a few Moss jump balls when both players went up. although moss has a high jump/spec catch rating

eznark

Banned
depends on who it is against. i can't say if my opponent used Y but ive gotten a few Moss jump balls when both players went up. although moss has a high jump/spec catch rating

Yeah, I got one with Jordy against Sanj but I don't think he had switched over to the defender.

To be fair I've only done it twice but it worked both times!

I tried the Splat method of just chucking deep to Larry and got picked off every time. So it's not exactly foolproof.

its not foolproof at all either way, that's my point. i think there has been a good balance from what i've seen

also, it looks like the roster updates are happening on friday. so if you still have games to play to decide your team i suggest you do it by friday!

eznark

Banned
its not foolproof at all either way, that's my point. i think there has been a good balance from what i've seen

also, it looks like the roster updates are happening on friday. so if you still have games to play to decide your team i suggest you do it by friday!

Sweet!

Bluemax, get out your checkbook.

LJ11

game wanted you take a loss anyway it could dm, fumbles, penalties, it finally got you with the disconnection.

you were stuffing the run too, but i was trying some different stuff during that second half drive and it may have been working, or not. really wanted to finish it.

Top Bottom