• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

LukeSmith

You had a good passing game anyway. If not for that PR TD, things would have been different.

Ausberry can't be tackled... I'll have to remember that!

Anyone notice that it's almost impossible to tackle near the goal line? They will always break at least one tackle and probably throw the other tackler's momentum off.

I didn't realize how fast Marcel Reece is, sheeeeiiiiiiit and Ausberry is 87. RIP Al Davis

LiveWire

gg AT. Thought you might keep going to Hakeem Nicks as DeAngelo Hall couldn't cover him worth a shit, but Eli's accuracy was pretty off on the deep balls. Also very surprised I was able to contain Bradshaw. :O

BigAT

gg AT. Thought you might keep going to Hakeem Nicks as DeAngelo Hall couldn't cover him worth a shit, but Eli's accuracy was pretty off on the deep balls. Also very surprised I was able to contain Bradshaw. :O

GG. My running game has been pretty awful so far, Bradshaw just gets to the line, someone breathes on him and then he ragdolls to the ground. I screwed up on the playbook selection and flipped the playbooks I wanted on offense and defense, so that made things tough. Playing with an offense designed for Joe Flacco...

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah, weird bug. I was charged a time out for that Donald Driver injury with six minutes left in the second quarter. Odd and slightly annoying. Anyone else experience this?

Oh yeah, weird bug. I was charged a time out for that Donald Driver injury with six minutes left in the second quarter. Odd and slightly annoying. Anyone else experience this?

ive never seen that but i did run into something i THOUGHT was a bug and then i remembered an NFL rule. i fumbled with under 2 mins left and my other guy picked it up while still standing and they called the play dead. in my mind i said BULLSHIT I COULDVE SCORED! but i remembered the only player who can advance the ball in that situation is the original runner :(

p.s. sok i can maybe play later

Sokantish

Is there any like playbooks that are clearly better than others or is it all about preference? I've always just used the playbook of whichever team I was playing as

Splat

Last night offline I muffed a punt in the endzone, fell on it, and they were awarded a safety. That's a bug, right?

wbsmcs

Is there a better feeling than when your opponent goes for it on 4th and long in his own end, throws a deep pass, and you end up intercepting it and returning it for a touchdown?

Hey guys, I'm back after a very long hiatus from GAF... I'm pretty sure the league is full but I'd like to join the waiting list at the very least. Just picked up my copy of Madden a few days ago and it'd be nice to play someone other than random quick matches. My gamertag is (still) MightBeWrong, if anyone wants to add me feel free.

Sokantish

GG Luke, 13 attempts with Peterson and I only got 10 yards. I could not run AT ALL against you. luckily whoever was covering Harvin on the left side just let him go a couple times or I would have definitely lost.

LukeSmith

GG Luke, 13 attempts with Peterson and I only got 10 yards. I could not run AT ALL against you. luckily whoever was covering Harvin on the left side just let him go a couple times or I would have definitely lost.

Yeah, I just rewatched those two long Harvin scores, I have no clue what is going on there. Those were both 2-man under and the safety (and the entire defense) flowed right (away from Harvin) at the snap, but I didn't guess run right or anything stupid.

The second one, Harvin just pushed him inside and then he ran inside before remembering he has to cover Harvin in man.

Both really odd busted plays.

3 INTs (and the hail mary), I didn't deserve to win that anyway!

gg

I wonder if it was the scheme change for my players? I switched everything to a 4-3 and they seemed even dumber than usual

LiveWire

gg AT. Your run game got a bit better; the Nicks/Cruz TDs made no sense. Josh Wilson was in man, and 2 out of the 3 bomb TDs I shifted Meriweather over to assist on the coverage, and they both just ran away from the area. ? :/

Sanjuro

Anyone know where I can buy another AC adapter for the xbox 360 slim? I cannot find one anywhere.

Gamestop is the only B&M store I would imagine having it. Either they aren't going to know what you're talking about, or someone knowledgeable enough might have one lying around in the back. Possibly a standard item now.

Rorschach

gg AT. Your run game got a bit better; the Nicks/Cruz TDs made no sense. Josh Wilson was in man, and 2 out of the 3 bomb TDs I shifted Meriweather over to assist on the coverage, and they both just ran away from the area. ? :/

That's my favorite coverage: when there's an in or out route and the CB just runs away from the receiver. "Where the fuck are you going?!"

eznark

Banned
Gamestop is the only B&M store I would imagine having it. Either they aren't going to know what you're talking about, or someone knowledgeable enough might have one lying around in the back. Possibly a standard item now.

I'm going to try this thing out, seems super shady!

http://www.avcdistributor.com/Komodo-KMD3600742-Xbox-360-360-to-360-Slim-Converter-Adapter

Also, lol at Bob thinking that article means "steambox." It means Steam HapticKinectEyetracking Peripheral.

BigAT

That's my favorite coverage: when there's an in or out route and the CB just runs away from the receiver. "Where the fuck are you going?!"

I know what you're talking about Rors, and it's bullshit/broken, but these were actually just fly routes. Impossible for me to say since I didn't see what you called, but he didn't get bumped on the line or really touched, Cruz just ran past your CB like nothing.

Rorschach

I know what you're talking about Rors, and it's bullshit/broken, but these were actually just fly routes. Impossible for me to say since I didn't see what you called, but he didn't get bumped on the line or really touched, Cruz just ran past your CB like nothing.

Oh, I know what you're talking about. Those have happened to me. It shows up pre-snap as the CBs and/or LB being crossed. So X CB will be on Y WR and vice versa or MLB will be on X WR and the corresponding CB will be on some other person. I think it depends on the play called, but I'm not sure. Had it happen to me vs DM a number of times. To add insult to injury, it won't let you "reset" the play to re-align the coverage.

There's also one where the CB just stands in no-man's land and leaves the WR all alone even though that's his assignment. You can see it pre-snap. The CB will be standing as if there's a slot guy he's covering and the WR will be left all alone. It's still his assignment, but by the time he gets there, the WR will be gone anyway.

Smokey

Anyone know where I can buy another AC adapter for the xbox 360 slim? I cannot find one anywhere.

Am I the only one still rocking the OG 360 and keeping it vertical?!

IMAG0361.jpg

Probably a fire hazard. It's hooked up to the secondary 23'' monitor since lag on my main LED tv sucks ass. Fucking power brick annoys me greatly.

This is like my 3rd or 4th 360 and I've had it for years. Been waiting for it to die so I have an excuse to get a slim.

Rorschach

Am I the only one still rocking the OG 360 and keeping it vertical?!

IMAG0361.jpg

Probably a fire hazard. It's hooked up to the secondary 23'' monitor since lag on my main LED tv sucks ass. Fucking power brick annoys me greatly.

This is like my 3rd or 4th 360 and I've had it for years. Been waiting for it to die so I have an excuse to get a slim.

I thought the OGs didn't have HDMI ports? [edit] Oh, you're using component?

I still have a non-slim, but it's the HDMI model with the internal memory. I have to use a wireless adapter to get wifi. :<

I traded in my million times refurbished one to GS.

Smokey

I thought the OGs didn't have HDMI ports.

I still have a non-slim, but it's the HDMI model with the internal memory. I have to use a wireless adapter to get wifi. :<

I think this is one of the revisions, because it has it. It doesn't have a optical out on it though. So I have to use that big component looking adapter that has a dongle where I plug the optical in. Behind that is the HDMI input. It's the only way I can get audio to my headphones if I'm using HDMI. Just about every port on the system is being used.

Top Bottom