• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Goddam Madden is so fucking glitchy online this year, especially in CCM. I have a CCM with a few of my buddies, and human v. human games take like 75 minutes. We just had one that we lost midway thru to a connection error, and so finally we make it through the whole game, 20 - 17, I'm driving down the field, and the stupid game glitches and boots us... after playing for like 2 hours. There is a very serious chance I'll never pick this game up to play again with the shit storm of online glitches.

NCAA, on the other hand. ran relatively glitch free this year.

LukeSmith

Also, looks like wind directions are reversed. I had what was a "head wind" of 15 mph according to the kick meter, and I booted it out of bounds on the kick off.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Glitch? Seems like it really only applies to line users. Its probably a feature. EA did the deed for me!

Also livewire was up 17-7 in the second quarter. He is now losing 45-17. Dat Mcnulty anger rush.

Rorschach

maybe you were pressing R-stick at the time of the snap? i haven't had it happen to me once in 40+ games but ive never played dline either so i figured that was it. who knows though, patch it EA!

The OS guys seem to agree with your point that it is the RS and the community manager too. I want to know what's behind the CB crossed routes. That's where X tries to cover Y across the field and vice versa.

LiveWire

gg McNeily. I got waaaay too greedy on the first series of the 2nd half after you scored to bring it within 3. Thought I could drop it over the top but I can't get the button timing right, ends up being a bullet instead of a nice arc like I was throwing to Davis. Enjoy the Skins, and remember that 2nd TD play I ran, use that during the season. ;)

Good series live. That was full of bs stuff on defense. Meriweather with 3 picks. Unreal.

Really? I thought it was Wilson. Either way he was undercutting routes like a machine. I was just smh after the 2nd one, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's more complicated than that, the scheme system - new as it is, is probably fucking with player performance in CCM in a way that makes it different than Play Now.

I've been messing around with CCM Offline and cannot get a scheme right now that is anything other than "Balanced Offense" and "Hybrid Multiple Front" D for the Colts.

I don't understand the Scheme implementation at all

They've already made undocumented changes to the tuning of the Online CCM that they can only do through a patch for offline. If you have a proper connection, they've made it so the best version you can play even by yourself is the online CCM.

I've been getting some decent games out of the CPU with some slider tweaks on All-Pro through the Online CCM but they still can't run for shit.

LJ11

Good game Birdman, wanted to work on my run game which is why I ran on that final series since you're a good Linebacker user, you were timing up the run really well at times.

That game right there demonstrates what BigAT was talking about. Need to have a burner outside to really separate, or slow corners. I get to out jump the WR if I'm in position every single time and the WR has no recourse. Last play demonstrated ballhawking vs non pretty well.

Birdman02

GG LJ.

What I learned today: Drew Brees can not throw an over-the-shoulder deep pass....at least not to Marques Colston. I kept testing it after that 1st pick (where Colston beat the bump and had 3-5 yds of separation), and he came up a couple of yards short every single time...allowing the defender to pick it off. Granted, the last 2-3 were covered better, but it looked like Colston had a step every time.

Good game Birdman, wanted to work on my run game which is why I ran on that final series since you're a good Linebacker user, you were timing up the run really well at times.

That game right there demonstrates what BigAT was talking about. Need to have a burner outside to really separate, or slow corners. I get to out jump the WR if I'm in position every single time and the WR has no recourse. Last play demonstrated ballhawking vs non pretty well.

I kept getting picked off by backside lineman on some of your runs...gotta figure out how to make those guys miss. And I agree...you need speed on the outside if you wanna work a deep passing game. Colston is basically useless as a deep threat...even if he beats the bump.

LJ11

Glitch? Seems like it really only applies to line users. Its probably a feature. EA did the deed for me!

It happens if you're making adjustments with R stick and the ball is snapped, doesn't matter what position you're playing.

GG LJ.

What I learned today: Drew Brees can not throw an over-the-shoulder deep pass....at least not to Marques Colston. I kept testing it after that 1st pick (where Colston beat the bump and had 3-5 yds of separation), and he came up a couple of yards short every single time...allowing the defender to pick it off. Granted, the last 2-3 were covered better, but it looked like Colston had a step every time.

That first one looked like it hung up and gave the db a chance. My thought process was that I needed to cover Henderson because he's faster and if he beats press my DB is toast, Colston's slower so I could catch up.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
It happens if you're making adjustments with R stick and the ball is snapped, doesn't matter what position you're playing.

Yeah I know but its more likely to affect line users than everyone else. I use the RS to make adjustments and its never happened to me

Yep, its tied into the legacy snap jump code that was taken out of the game. So it doesn't matter who you control, if you're pressing the right stick shortly before/after the ball is snapped in man coverage, be ready to get burned.

Birdman02

Brees has never had a deep cannon accurate arm. Especially after that surgery

I understand that, but these are passes he almost always makes on Sundays. I don't expect to see line drive missiles. I just think he should be able to drop it in over the shoulder once Colston gets past his man. It's not like all of his 5000+ yds passing were after the catch.

LiveWire

Yep, its tied into the legacy snap jump code that was taken out of the game. So it doesn't matter who you control, if you're pressing the right stick shortly before/after the ball is snapped in man coverage, be ready to get burned.

Ah, that explains the blown coverage then...with the slight bit of lag online, if you're making last second adjustments (blitzing LBs or crashing D-line inward for example), you'll end up hitting it a lot. Interesting.

I was feeling good about Madden this year but hadn't played it much. Then I went onto OS after discovering the human v. human accelerated clock glitch, and read about how the game is a complete and utter mess.

I was feeling good about Madden this year but hadn't played it much. Then I went onto OS after discovering the human v. human accelerated clock glitch, and read about how the game is a complete and utter mess.

a complete and utter mess? lol, so you say

in other news, why would someone be messing with the right stick after the snap? the only instance i can think is on a hit stick but then the ball carrier or receiver already has the ball. i guess the only other instance would be if someone just snapped it really quick while you were still pressing on the right stick for an audible

Somnia

I still play dline and I've only seen this glitch like 2 times, granted its cost me big each time, but I don't use the right stick till after I engage with the lineman so that might be part of it. I also don't press down I press left/right.

a complete and utter mess? lol, so you say

in other news, why would someone be messing with the right stick after the snap? the only instance i can think is on a hit stick but then the ball carrier or receiver already has the ball. i guess the only other instance would be if someone just snapped it really quick while you were still pressing on the right stick for an audible

I thought that you could use the right stick for player movements? In NCAA & Madden of year's passed, it allows you go swim move or move away from a defender that has you locked in an animation. But, seriously, if you use the right stick on a player to make adjustments or use a swim move, your CBs SHOULD NOT run commit, hahaha... I don't think you can think that's okay.

But, aye, not "So I say," so everybody says. I was digging the gameplay but spotted a few goofy non-gameplay glitches, went online, and found a ton of crap driving people nuts. I generally play a lot of games versus the CPU, I've always enjoyed doing small online franchises (2 or 3 people), so the scheme glitch is one of the worst -- Some guy is following some games and posting results. Danny Woodhead had 39 carries for 34 yards in a game, while Brady was 3 for 3 passing.

There are other reports of the same. The CPU play calling i sreally, really bad... worse than usual. There's some hope that it's been fixed and coming out with a patch, but it's just the same old story. I kept out of forums for Madden talk this year because I didn't want to underwhelm myself with the new modes and engines, but then I read about them today and it's just... a nightmare.

The accelerated clock thing pissed me off because it's something that I spotted within the first 60 seconds of playing my first online CCM game. First minute of the game I thought "This is taking a long time..." and then noticed that there's no accel. clock online, and I reported it as a bug. But, like, how does that not get caught in QA... if a normal person plays 1 game and notices it right away.

I thought that you could use the right stick for player movements? In NCAA & Madden of year's passed, it allows you go swim move or move away from a defender that has you locked in an animation. But, seriously, if you use the right stick on a player to make adjustments or use a swim move, your CBs SHOULD NOT run commit, hahaha... I don't think you can think that's okay.

agreed, EA needs to patch it for people who play d-line.

But, aye, not "So I say," so everybody says. I was digging the gameplay but spotted a few goofy non-gameplay glitches, went online, and found a ton of crap driving people nuts. I generally play a lot of games versus the CPU, I've always enjoyed doing small online franchises (2 or 3 people), so the scheme glitch is one of the worst -- Some guy is following some games and posting results. Danny Woodhead had 39 carries for 34 yards in a game, while Brady was 3 for 3 passing.

lol wtf

There are other reports of the same. The CPU play calling i sreally, really bad... worse than usual. There's some hope that it's been fixed and coming out with a patch, but it's just the same old story. I kept out of forums for Madden talk this year because I didn't want to underwhelm myself with the new modes and engines, but then I read about them today and it's just... a nightmare.

well i guess i can't really argue with those issues if you are playing single player franchise or playing the CPU. not justifying it but it doesn't affect a 32 man online franchise.

EA should patch these things for single player guys and d-line users. until then, play as LB/DB/S against human opponents!

McNei1y

Yea gg live. Meriweather was just unreal. Wilson and him getting pick sixes was absurd. I need to work on my run stopping. Hightower was kicking me ass. It always seemed like hed break the first tackle.

Also, good luck with the other beltway team. I might try and work up something for torrey smith.

Anyone wanna play?

Top Bottom