• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Sokantish

GG man. I really suck at this game right now, but at least I didn't give the ball away this time.

I was wondering why you didn't take the FG to win the game near the end, you were on like the 35 weren't you? I figured you were trying to win by a TD so when I got the ball back I decided I wouldn't kick a FG to win it and I'd just try to throw it in... and then I threw another INT.

Birdman02

I was wondering why you didn't take the FG to win the game near the end, you were on like the 35 weren't you? I figured you were trying to win by a TD so when I got the ball back I decided I wouldn't kick a FG to win it and I'd just try to throw it in... and then I threw another INT.

I was at the 38, so it would have been a 55 yd kick. I missed a 52 yarder with full power in a game the other day, so I didn't think he could get it there.

On that pick, I was gonna try to stop and let Harvin run by me, but he caught up too fast made the tackle.

images

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I play the people I say I'm gonna play! You guys take the first person that gets to you like some whore!

Rorschach

Brees can throw deep. He has a great arm. He can actually throw a prettier deep ball now than when he was in SD before the surgery. Dunno what games you guys are watching.

McNei1y

I play the people I say I'm gonna play! You guys take the first person that gets to you like some whore!

I asked for an opp. ast page and pheen invited me without an acknowledgement from luke!

Also gg pheen. That pass rush blitz is damn annoying and it showed. I just started throwing the ball to random people.

bluemax

Banned
GG Luke Smith. I can't make open field tackles as a LBer at all.

Another PA INT, and it was horribly over thrown. But I think that's because I tried to throw on the run.

LukeSmith

GG Luke Smith. I can't make open field tackles as a LBer at all.

Another PA INT, and it was horribly over thrown. But I think that's because I tried to throw on the run.

GG dude, not sure how I feel about NE D book, I ended up having to re-sub on the fly all of the 3 and 4 dl sets that weren't 3-4 to get Freeney/Mathis on the line for a change

That fumble on the pick I threw on the first play of the game was stupid, that was like an immediate sign 30 seconds in that Madden was going to have me win =/

Trasher

Most ridiculous game I have ever played. Unfucking real. I certainly didn't deserve to win. I am literally shaking with anger.

Holy shit that was crazy.

I think we can resolve that the Lions on special teams coverage is HORRIFIC. lolol

So when do you want to play the next game? I know it's late over there if you wanna do it tomorrow night. I get off work at 10pm your time (EST still right? lol).

bluemax

Banned
GG dude, not sure how I feel about NE D book, I ended up having to re-sub on the fly all of the 3 and 4 dl sets that weren't 3-4 to get Freeney/Mathis on the line for a change

That fumble on the pick I threw on the first play of the game was stupid, that was like an immediate sign 30 seconds in that Madden was going to have me win =/

I wouldve been mad if it was a real game but I forgot about it by the end. I was mostly working on things and shaking off this International 2 based rust.

Ramirez

Just pick the Steelers D playbook, it has so many different formations...

Thanks for taking your sweet time Vick

lulz

Holy shit that was crazy.

I think we can resolve that the Lions on special teams coverage is HORRIFIC. lolol

So when do you want to play the next game? I know it's late over there if you wanna do it tomorrow night. I get off work at 10pm your time (EST still right? lol).

That's fine

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Also, looks like wind directions are reversed. I had what was a "head wind" of 15 mph according to the kick meter, and I booted it out of bounds on the kick off.

I think you have to hit RT for classic view to get the corrfect wind direction. It was like that in 12.

DCX

DCX
The start of the franchise is close!! The start of the NFL season is closer!! Very exciting times to be a fan of football.

DCX

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Just a comment on the run commit stuff. Not 100% sure, but it seems my older controller with slightly loose sticks did this to me, but when I used my newer controller, it didn't happen. I first noticed it last weekend when playing a buddy locally on my system and he seemingly left my receivers wide open (he had the wired, older controller). I am not saying this is the single reason, but it may be contributing.

DCX

DCX
I haven't experienced the bug..I have been playing LB and one of the safety spots. I do hope it gets fixed.

I wonder how long before we get a patch.

DCX

I haven't experienced the bug..I have been playing LB and one of the safety spots. I do hope it gets fixed.

I wonder how long before we get a patch.

DCX

Supposedly, first patch is due out next week but no one knows what will be in it yet. I'd ask Josh Looman on twitter but he has me blocked. :jnc

His skin is thinner than an Eznark kill after its been skinned.

McNei1y

Has it been decided if preseason will be played? I feel like we could get it out of the way in two days...maybe. maybe not.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the commish can sim all the weeks of preseason (no more half hour waits between advancing) but everyone's rosters need to be trimmed down to 53 first.

LukeSmith

If the Scheme bug isn't fixed (each team's scheme being fixed with no ability for a new coach to change it via playbook selection), it takes a significant part of being able to customize and build your team out of the game.

Unless that's how they intended it to work (it can't be).

If the Scheme bug isn't fixed (each team's scheme being fixed with no ability for a new coach to change it via playbook selection), it takes a significant part of being able to customize and build your team out of the game.

They'll fix it next year so they can sell us madden 14

TheCrow

From what I can remember when I lasted played CCM you change the scheme by changing what kind of player you want at different positions. For example I changed my QB from pocket passer to west coast and my scheme changed from balanced to spread.

eznark

Banned

ugh, fix it

From what I can remember when I lasted played CCM you change the scheme by changing what kind of player you want at different positions. For example I changed my QB from pocket passer to west coast and my scheme changed from balanced to spread.

ugghhhhhh, it's a "feature"

TheCrow

Wait, why would your playbook affect your scheme? It's just defines what plays you can pick not how your team is built.

BigAT

Does scheme ultimately affect what is on the field at all? Because you can still choose your playbook before the game.

Re-negotiating with players seems really weird and poorly done. Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you get a single opportunity to offer them a contract extension, with absolutely no feedback on whether or not they will reject it. If they reject it, it seems that you don't get the chance to offer them another deal and they become a free agent at the end of the season.

Does scheme ultimately affect what is on the field at all? Because you can still choose your playbook before the game.

Re-negotiating with players seems really weird and poorly done. Unless I'm missing something, it looks like you get a single opportunity to offer them a contract extension, with absolutely no feedback on whether or not they will reject it. If they reject it, it seems that you don't get the chance to offer them another deal and they become a free agent at the end of the season.

Better not low ball them then! I'm going to franchise tag bowman if he rejects my lowball offer

Sanjuro

Why can't they just hold out preseason and show up randomly in week two-four, like real life?

Sokantish

I lost Lechler in the offline mode because I lowered the contract, but I thought that's how negotiating worked! The worst part is they don't tell you until the week after so I had already saved my game by then

Top Bottom