• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Does scheme ultimately affect what is on the field at all? Because you can still choose your playbook before the game.

is the scheme the thing that affects a player's ovr relative to your team?

TheCrow

The way I'm reading Luke's comments tit seems like it's the other way around? Scheme is locking in the playbook?
That didn't happen in my online CCM as a coach. My scheme was only affected by my positional player preferences. Playbook had no effect since you can pick whichever you want before the game.

is the scheme the thing that affects a player's ovr relative to your team?
Yes.

levious

Yeah, so why is there an issue with the playbook? Tell me what I need to be angry about!

it would make scouting the draft and free agents difficult, just focus on the attributes that are important to you.

TheCrow

Luke might have been playing an offline CCM instead of an online one. I know the online CCM was updated to fix some issues, maybe that was one of the bugs.

Because there's a stat for how well the player would fit in your team, so I guess it'd weigh down his OVR?
Maybe now everyone will find out that OVR doesn't mean shit. It's all about specific ratings that actually matter on the field.

I wish you could share the same team in connected careers player mode. Coach mode I get it but I want to be the Clayton to someone's Marino

I hope they patch that in

eznark

Banned
I wish you could share the same team in connected careers player mode. Coach mode I get it but I want to be the Clayton to someone's Marino

I hope they patch that in

That would actually be kind of cool but there is no way that's a patch. That will be the selling point for a future iteration.

Luke might have been playing an offline CCM instead of an online one. I know the online CCM was updated to fix some issues, maybe that was one of the bugs.

Maybe now everyone will find out that OVR doesn't mean shit. It's all about specific ratings that actually matter on the field.

Randy moss is an 84 rated beast

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I was just thinking Dallas Strong would have been an even better WR in this game. He was like 6'4 and his spectacular catch was so high.

levious

Players actually do lose AWR for most position switches, but that's about it.

everyone's favorite attribute.

And preseason is a pain in the ass to play. It auto subs in your backups after first quarter, but then that ends up swapping your place kicker and punter, unless you actually have backups for those.

eznark

Banned
The only issues I have with simming preseason is that in the past couple seasons it seems like injuries (and their severity) is cranked way, way up for sims.

Sokantish

And preseason is a pain in the ass to play. It auto subs in your backups after first quarter, but then that ends up swapping your place kicker and punter, unless you actually have backups for those.

Yep, Lechler missed like a 20yd FG in one of my pre-season games. That happened last year too, I hoped they had fixed it

BigAT

Yup, the special teams subs are especially ridiculous. It's funny to get a full kick meter punt that goes maybe 12 yards.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I expect those guys to beast. Randy Moss shouldn't be breaking tackles like Earl Campbell

eznark

Banned
I expect those guys to beast. Randy Moss shouldn't be breaking tackles like Earl Campbell

Wes Welker trucked his way through two tackles and a long score last time I played the Patriots, so Randy Moss should be pretty much untackleable.

Smokey

Roddy Whites the best receiever I've gone up against in the game so far. Anyone agree? One handed catches everywhere.

Seems like I should introduce you to:

images

Sanjuro

GG, that game was so frustrating... I could never stop you on third down.

Yeah, normally I always get the stat telling me how terrible I'm doing at 3rd conversions. I've been experimenting different things on offense. Starting to find a better balance in this game.

Mainly trying to get better at kicking, 60YD FGs are a no-go.

Rorschach

I want to do pre-season. It'll help us get a feel for what our teams are like in OF and how everything works outside of the games themselves. Plus, it delays the start of the season so maybe we can get the patch before week 1.

LukeSmith

I want to do pre-season. It'll help us get a feel for what our teams are like in OF and how everything works outside of the games themselves. Plus, it delays the start of the season so maybe we can get the patch before week 1.

I want to play preseason, too. I also feel like any patch they make will not affect already underway CCMs - just a cynical hunch

Top Bottom