• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Saints Row the Third is pretty rad so far. Just finished the helicopter jump mission to get my new pad. I can see why it got all the hype it did!

Rorschach

GG Livewire. That's the most pre-snap adjustments I've ever seen in my life. Do you actually do stuff with each one or are you trying to fake me out or something?

Yeah if they'd ever use him

They used him week 3 of the pre-season! But they didn't throw it to him. :(

LiveWire

GG Livewire. That's the most pre-snap adjustments I've ever seen in my life. Do you actually do stuff with each one or are you trying to fake me out or something?

Mostly it's one route change for a WR, and OL blocking assignments, or am audible to a different play if I don't like the matchup I see. It leads to those deep passes you saw me complete....

...speaking of, I have no idea what is going on with coverage on my D in this game. Ed Reed was assigned to Harvin and in a deep zone on Harvin's side of the field, and didn't even react at all until after the ball was halfway down the field. I specifically called a base coverage and didn't touch the sticks until after Ponder had the ball in his hand, and Percy just ran right the fuck by?

So the Dolphins are officially mine in a few hours right?

I hope Drizz is actually okay, he hasn't posted anything anywhere in a while (since the 27th). I would think even if he hasn't had internet set up he would have said something by now.

Sokantish

...speaking of, I have no idea what is going on with coverage on my D in this game. Ed Reed was assigned to Harvin and in a deep zone on Harvin's side of the field, and didn't even react at all until after the ball was halfway down the field. I specifically called a base coverage and didn't touch the sticks until after Ponder had the ball in his hand, and Percy just ran right the fuck by?

At first I thought it was because you were playing press too much, but then it kept happening, Rors felt the wrath of Harvin too. For some reason the people that are suppose to be covering him just stand there for a second and then by the time they react its too late. Unless you're some overpowered team then he'll never get any separation.

They used him week 3 of the pre-season! But they didn't throw it to him. :(

I really hope they weren't really throwing it to him just because it was pre-season because he's too good to ignore like that

Birdman02

GG Smokey. I finally got Brees moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, my secondary is terrible...I didn't realize how terrible they actually were until I looked at their ratings for the 1st time just a few minutes ago. :(

Smokey

GG Smokey. I finally got Brees moving in the right direction. Unfortunately, my secondary is terrible...I didn't realize how terrible they actually were until I looked at their ratings for the 1st time just a few minutes ago. :(

gg sir

henderson had some burners on him and juked the shit out of me on the sideline for that td lol

Sokantish

gg Ram, everytime I was on defense you'd do a slant and then for some reason there would no one at all to tackle you. Then that bomb at the end of the second quarter he ran easily past my guys. Yet Harvin couldn't get away from anyone on your team at all. I think the one time he did Ponder overthrew him by 10 yards.

I really hate Ponder... Crow I'll give you Webb for Manning. DEAL?

Ramirez

gg Ram, everytime I was on defense you'd do a slant and then for some reason there would no one at all to tackle you. Then that bomb at the end of the second quarter he ran easily past my guys. Yet Harvin couldn't get away from anyone on your team at all. I think the one time he did Ponder overthrew him by 10 yards.

I really hate Ponder... Crow I'll give you Webb for Manning. DEAL?

GG brother, but I only ran one slant all game, and it was the Brown pass off PA. Wallace ran by your guys at the half because it looked like you were in a zone, the guy over him let him run by scott free and you were controlling the safety, just threw it away from you, easy TD. :p

Sokantish

I didn't mean to imply you ran a lot of slants, I just meant everytime there was one it wasn't covered. It might not have been a slant exactly but there were a few plays where the WR cut across the field.

What defense do you call to stop slants? It didn't seem like zones or man would work... I guess if I pressured you at all it would have helped

Ramirez

I didn't mean to imply you ran a lot of slants, I just meant everytime there was one it wasn't covered. It might not have been a slant exactly but there were a few plays where the WR cut across the field

Drags probably...

You give up on the run too easily, you have AP! You're not going to win many games with Ponder throwing that many passes.

Sokantish

Well I give up on the run because everytime I your defense I thought to myself there's no way I can run on this and then I audibled out. Being down 21-0 really fast didn't help either

Colasante

Larry Fitzgerald's Contract Information:

2012- $8.22 M
2013- $9.56 M
2014- $11.18 M
2015- $13.14 M
2016- $15.53 M
2017- $18.43 M
2018- $21.94 M

Overall: 97
Speed: 89
Agility: 93
Awareness: 97
Route Running: 99
Catching: 98
Spectacular Catch: 98
Jumping: 99

At this point, he can be had for two 1st round picks. Any bidders?

DCX

DCX

2012- $8.22 M
2013- $9.56 M
2014- $11.18 M
2015- $13.14 M
2016- $15.53 M
2017- $18.43 M
2018- $21.94 M

Does attributes!! Dat contract!!!

Edit: Dat PRICE!!!!!

DCX

2012- $8.22 M
2013- $9.56 M
2014- $11.18 M
2015- $13.14 M
2016- $15.53 M
2017- $18.43 M
2018- $21.94 M

I offer my current first rounder and next year's second, but not two firsts

Nightz

2012- $8.22 M
2013- $9.56 M
2014- $11.18 M
2015- $13.14 M
2016- $15.53 M
2017- $18.43 M
2018- $21.94 M

Not enough speed. >_>

McNei1y

Do you know who the fuck is on my receiving corps?

I will suck anus for Larry Fitzgerald

ibeik9gxTCO6kf.gif

They better make draft picks in rounds 2-7 worth a shit this year. I have two 3rd rounders from Bob from the Brandon Marshall trade....who would still be mine if I ran the team. But no it's dipshit Jeff Philbin

McNei1y

They better make draft picks in rounds 2-7 worth a shit this year. I have two 3rd rounders from Bob from the Brandon Marshall trade....who would still be mine if I ran the team. But no it's dipshit Jeff Philbin

I'm sure they did. From what I've done with the scouting system, you could potentially find some treasures in the late rounds.

McNei1y

Don't you only get 1000 points a week though? That kind of doesn't help shit. But I guess it's better than nothing

I think its 2000. It doesn't seem like alot but by week 3 I had 6000 to spare (or maybe it was 4000 or something, I forget). Every category costs like 50-100 except for overall rating, play scheme, etc.

There will be an initial cost for about 50-100 points, except for the ones I mentioned above. If selected, it will reveal a letter grade like A? or D? etc. Then the second reveal for about 100-500 or something, will reveal the actual number. You'll have enough left to scout players. I suggest scouting players by what position you need most and what trait you're looking for. I was scouting CB's and looking for speed as well as man coverage and I was able to scout like 5 people and only gave up around 600-700 points.

LiveWire

lwl_pre.jpg

NEW SEASON. NEW LINES.

ODDS TO WIN DIVISION

AFC EAST

LJ 3:1
Ferny 13:1
Pheeniks 5:1
Sanjuro 5:2

AFC NORTH

Ramirez 3:2
LiveWire 10:1
Storybook 10:1
Splat 8:1

AFC SOUTH

Luke 3:1
Somnia 8:1
????? 20:1
Smokey 2:1

AFC WEST

Crow 5:2
Rorschach 3:1
Daw 14:1
Nightz 5:1

NFC EAST

CB3 5:2
McNeily 6:1
Levious 10:1
BigAT 3:1

NFC NORTH

Eznark 15:1
MrBob 3:2
Sokantish 6:1
Trasher 8:1

NFC SOUTH

DM 5:1
Birdman 5:2
DCX 4:1
GCQ 6:1

NFC WEST

FMT 2:1
Wellington 10:1
Bluemax 5:1
Colasante 5:1

ODDS TO MAKE PLAYOFFS

AFC

Smokey 3:2
Ramirez 2:1
Crow 5:2
Rorschach 3:1
LJ 4:1
Luke 5:1
Sanjuro 10:1
Nightz 20:1
Pheeniks 25:1
Splat 30:1
Somnia 35:1
LiveWire 40:1
Storybook 40:1
Ferny 50:1
Daw 60:1
????? 100:1

NFC

FMT 3:2
CB3 5:2
MrBob 3:1
BigAT 4:1
Birdman 5:1
DCX 6:1
DM 7:1
Bluemax 8:1
Colasante 9:1
GCQ 10:1
Sokantish 15:1
McNeily 20:1
Trasher 25:1
Wellington 50:1
Levious 60:1
Eznark 100:1

ODDS TO WIN SUPERBOWL

FMT 7:2
Ramirez 4:1
Smokey 6:1
Crow 8:1
Rorschach 8:1
MrBob 9:1
BigAT 10:1
LJ 10:1
CB3 11:1
Birdman 20:1
Luke 20:1
DCX 25:1
Bluemax 25:1
DM 40:1
Sanjuro 50:1
Nightz 60:1
Pheeniks 75:1
Colasante 75:1
Splat 100:1
GCQ 110:1
Sokantish 125:1
McNeily 125:1
Trasher 125:1
Somnia 125:1
LiveWire 150:1
Storybook 150:1
Levious 175:1
Wellington 200:1
Ferny 200:1
Daw 225:1
Eznark 225:1
????? 250:1

SUPERBOWL PREDICTION

Steelers vs. NINERS

OVER/UNDERS (End of 1st Season League Leading Stats)

INDIVIDUAL

INTs (Caught): 8

INTs (Thrown): 29

Sacks: 23

FFs: 7

Passing TDs: 33

Receiving TDs: 15

Rushing TDs: 13

TEAM

INTs (Caught): 31

INTs (Thrown): 49

Sacks: 38

FFs: 18

Passing TDs: 39

Receiving TDs: 34

Rushing TDs: 21

Place your bets gentlemen!

I didn't mean to imply you ran a lot of slants, I just meant everytime there was one it wasn't covered. It might not have been a slant exactly but there were a few plays where the WR cut across the field.

What defense do you call to stop slants? It didn't seem like zones or man would work... I guess if I pressured you at all it would have helped

It's not a defense, it's pressing the receivers at the line of scrimmage and the linebackers can act as safeties at those ranges if they are in coverage.

Ramirez

I find manual LB play the best at stopping slants, or pressing if you have good CBs, which I don't. Well, I have one.

Top Bottom