• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Colasante

I'm not pouting, I'm just explaining. It's kind of lousy that Fitz is now gone. Again, I'll just run with stock.

You are one of the commissioners of the league. If you tell me there is no way I can trade Tom Brady, then I'm just going to drop it. I'm not going to play this little game of complaining to FMT about mean old CB.

What was the Brady trade going to be?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I'm not pouting, I'm just explaining. It's kind of lousy that Fitz is now gone. Again, I'll just run with stock.

You are one of the commissioners of the league. If you tell me there is no way I can trade Tom Brady, then I'm just going to drop it. I'm not going to play this little game of complaining to FMT about mean old CB.

I have 1/8 of a voice. What I tell you matters just as much. If the trade is legit the other 7 will agree with you. This year, I'm not for established QB's moving. That's just my opinion. 1 of 8
It tells me that the troll was perfect! Lol

DCX

That's arguable since you got the system canned.

Sanjuro

What was the Brady trade going to be?

I had something potentially with Smokey ongoing. Either way, I would have dealt Brady to a team with a serviceable RB. That team would have sent their QB to Chiefs and I would have received Cassel. If everything fell through with other teams, I would have just dealt with daw directly.

So theoretically,

TRADE: Brady + Picks

RECEIVE: Fitz + Cassel + RB

Trasher

Yeah, I meant the one in the picture I hotlinked from Grantland :)

BTW, did you go to the concert at the pier last night? I had only vaguely heard one of the bands before but the whole atmosphere was really cool. Plus tons of eye candy.

Derp. My bad.

5wBm8.jpg

Sanjuro

I have 1/8 of a voice. What I tell you matters just as much. If the trade is legit the other 7 will agree with you. This year, I'm not for established QB's moving. That's just my opinion. 1 of 8

I'm unaware that you are 1/8 of a voice. I talk to you fairly often anyway, so I'm not trying to shit down your neck. I respect you mang.

LJ11

That wasn't my worst trade. Trading prime Sam Baker to you was.

DCX

Yeah, that was pretty bad, ruined your OL.

Passing on Poz was bad too, I gave you a sweetheart deal on him too, but you passed at the time, and then went looking for a LB after I ended up making a deal with daw (who messed up the pick). So I gave him up for almost nothing in hindsight.

Rorschach

It can still be like that. As soon as the fake trade went up they started forming the committee. If they would have waited till the troll was over only two things would have happened: oh wow that was funny or oh wow we totally thought that was real and typical DCX style. Both options could have resulted in moving forward. Nope.

We got what we got and now its under the guise of that we need to you from yourselves. As you can see with phee, he gives no fucks and made the same trade now with voting.

The growing sense is we were never free to begin with. The committee was always there ready to take it all away whenever they saw fit.

It is what it is. Sucks for Cola..well no. He swindled someone else for the same deal so I guess sucks for Sanjuro. :(

DCX
Sorry, but that's dumb. Not only is that entrapment, but you're creating your own dystopia. Fitz is a blockbuster trade and it went through. Your proposed trade was just retarded and you knew it was. You were tempting their hand. Plus, you took advantage of your position having people following you on twitter and exploited their trust in you. It's not a big deal; it's just Twitter. But if they can't even trust you with a Twitter account, how are they supposed to trust you with anything?

I thought that handle was for fun and enrichment of the league, but you used it for your own ends. Maybe the people doubting you in the beginning were right. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt when you asked me if I wanted it or not.

This is true but I couldn't resist putting it to the test. I knew if I and dcx were involved we would see if they meant it and it turns out the cake was a lie.

Now nobody knows wtf is ok and what isn't ala back to M12

I have a hard time resisting trolls from time to time too. I know that feel!

LukeSmith

Enough with the drama and whining. Honestly, we have a waiting list and this is really taxing and obnoxious already.

I'm fine with punting people who are stirring shit up for no reason at all and giving some new folks a chance.

• Livewire, quit trolling about trades. I know all you're doing is trolling. So cut it out.
  • DCX, just stop posting about trades at all, you tried to cheat the entire league last year and are legless in terms of having a cogent argument to stand on as a result of it. Not to mention your misuse of this whole maddengaf twitter thing and then you act like you are somehow the victim.
  • Smokey, stop being a rabble-rouser one day and a sycophant the next. It's really obnoxious and you're supposed to be a grown-ass man.
  • Sanjo keep working on whatever deals you want to make your team interesting and exciting to you. Once the trade gets submitted, just like in years past, it will get voted on. It's up to you and Cola if you want keep the Fitzgerald trade up and running.

CB3

I'm unaware that you are 1/8 of a voice. I talk to you fairly often anyway, so I'm not trying to shit down your neck. I respect you mang.

Trade committees. I guess I'm 1 of 6 with the division guys not voting but the point stands. That's the thing about a committee. What I think alone doesn't matter so much. If you wanna trade Brady take it to the others. You only need s few of them to agree with you

Who cares though? Did the NFL stop the Redskins from mortgaging the future for RG3? Or the Vikings for dooming themselves for Herschel Walker? If people fuck themselves on their salary cap they'll address it in-game. How does it affect you? What does it matter? Unless it's something like DCX cheating the cap, there's no need to get involved.

Protect the competitive balance! We're like one giant stern!

Sanjuro

Enough with the drama and whining.

• Sanjo keep working on whatever deals you want to make your team interesting and exciting to you. Once the trade gets submitted, just like in years past, it will get voted on. It's up to you and Cola if you want keep the Fitzgerald trade up and running.

Yes. I want Fitz if I can complete the deal I outlined in the post above above. That is exactly what I'm looking to do. If it's not for the "greater good", then it would nerf the entire concept.

Trade committees. I guess I'm 1 of 6 with the division guys not voting but the point stands. That's the thing about a committee. What I think alone doesn't matter so much. If you wanna trade Brady take it to the others. You only need s few of them to agree with you

That is the problem though. I went into this just ready to deal before the season started without hesitation. You have my blueprint like I mentioned to Luke, if you need to vote or whatnot.

Splat

Yes. I want Fitz if I can complete the deal I outlined in the post above above. That is exactly what I'm looking to do. If it's not for the "greater good", then it would nerf the entire concept.

That is the problem though. I went into this just ready to deal before the season started without hesitation. You have my blueprint like I mentioned to Luke, if you need to vote or whatnot.

Why not make it an actual 3 or 4 team deal and submit it to council as one trade?

Except against the eagles last night

That fumble was overturned by review! He doesn't have 99 in "have accurate refs"

Smokey

Enough with the drama and whining. Honestly, we have a waiting list and this is really taxing and obnoxious already.

I'm fine with punting people who are stirring shit up for no reason at all and giving some new folks a chance.
Smokey, stop being a rabble-rouser one day and a sycophant the next. It's really obnoxious and you're supposed to be a grown-ass man.

I wont stop being a rabble rouser as long as there are things to rabble about in the league, and just because your list in a nice format isn't going to do anything to change that. Putting out false statements and getting exposed is what it is, your colleagues did it not me.

Nobody is getting "punted" because this is annoying to you waiting list or no list, lets get real. If you let it get to you that much, thats a you problem bruh

CB3

I still approve you trade for Fitz. I'd most likely pass on a Brady trade but again that's just because of my QB movement opinion. I'll feel the same with all top tier QB's. Others may feel differently!

LukeSmith

I wont stop being a rabble rouser as long as there are things to rabble about in the league, and just because your list in a nice format isn't going to do anything to change that. Putting out false statements and getting exposed is what it is, your colleagues did it not me.

Nobody is getting "punted" because this is annoying to you waiting list or no list, lets get real. If you let it get to you that much, thats a you problem bruh

val-kilmer-doc-holliday-tombstone-150x150.jpg

CB3

Expose me bruh. I challenged you to find where I EVER said that if things got crazy I wouldn't take back control. That was a point from day one.

DCX

DCX
Sorry, but that's dumb. Not only is that entrapment, but you're creating your own dystopia. Fitz is a blockbuster trade and it went through. Your proposed trade was just retarded and you knew it was. You were tempting their hand. Plus, you took advantage of your position having people following you on twitter and exploited their trust in you. It's not a big deal; it's just Twitter. But if they can't even trust you with a Twitter account, how are they supposed to trust you with anything?

I thought that handle was for fun and enrichment of the league, but you used it for your own ends. Maybe the people doubting you in the beginning were right. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt when you asked me if I wanted it or not.

I have a hard time resisting trolls from time to time too. I know that feel!
Lol fuck this.

Here comes Luke. The shinning beacon of hope. I'm playing victim? Blue was playing victim when he refused to take the punishment. live wire played victim when he quit after I daggered him.

I'm just living baby. I'm done caring what you guys think of me and I think the feeling is mutual. Let's just focus on playing football.

DCX

TheCrow

I wish DCX focused on playing football instead of making some of the worst trades possible. Oh and then there was that time he was caught cheating.

Mrbob

I'm still waiting for FMT to hand me over Randy Moss over a trade denial from like 6 years ago. Greatest Madden trade of all time (Randy Moss in his prime for two scrubs) and the shadow council swooped in and denied me greatness! I have experienced pain in trading far worse than DCX, Smokey, or Livewire have! I have no sympathy for trade denials anymore in my icy cold heart, all whining falls on deaf ears. So keep complaining, at the very least it is good entertainment while we wait for the league to start!

Rorschach

I can't vote because I'm in the West, Sanjuro.
I wish DCX focused on playing football instead of making some of the worst trades possible. Oh and then there was that time he was caught cheating.

Remember when he made that Twitter account to just get insider scoop and swoop in on trades, but ended up using it to troll the league and get the committee reinstated? #profootballfocus

CB3

Lol fuck this.

Here comes Luke. The shinning beacon of hope. I'm playing victim? Blue was playing victim when he refused to take the punishment. live wire played victim when he quit after I daggered him.

I'm just living baby. I'm done caring what you guys think of me and I think the feeling is mutual. Let's just focus on playing football.

DCX

I fully agree with Luke. You do yourself no favors, friend. We have an long documented history, especially after you attempted to put one over on all of us. After all of that, you continuously act like people are doing you wrong. Playing victim. Wondering why people are still against you.

You made this madden twitter account proposed as a entertaining service for the league. I was actually all for it despite some of the comments. I'm on record with that to a few people because I felt you were deserving of something to get back into good graces. Then you pull this "troll" and now I feel stupid for backing you. And that's my fault. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I'm still waiting for FMT to hand me over Randy Moss over a trade denial from like 6 years ago. Greatest Madden trade of all time (Randy Moss in his prime for two scrubs) and the shadow council swooped in and denied me greatness! I have experienced pain in trading far worse than DCX, Smokey, or Livewire have! I have no sympathy for trade denials anymore in my icy cold heart, all whining falls on deaf ears. So keep complaining, at the very least it is good entertainment while we wait for the league to start!

I'll give you moss for Marshall!

Sanjuro

I can't vote because I'm in the West, Sanjuro.

Didn't sound like it, but would you be interested in Brady? You were one of my later options post-Smokey.

I don't have that deal in place, but no matter how it happens it's going to go down as described.

CB3

Again, I'm done with it all. Move on people.

DCX

You don't get to dictate that. If I or Luke or anyone else wanna speak on it, they are free to. If eznark wants to make a daily post on how he thinks you shouldn't be here, so be it!

Mrbob

I'll give you moss for Marshall!

Marshall is a monster in this game, no way! Not even for old man Moss who hopefully retires after one season. I'm still trying to balance out how to use Marshall properly. I have a WR who can get open, who catches the ball, and who also hangs onto the ball when hit and doesn't fumble it away. It's amazing and nearly brings a tear to me eye. But sometimes I think he can catch everything, even when fully covered/doubled.

Rorschach

Didn't sound like it, but would you be interested in Brady? You were one of my later options post-Smokey.

I don't have that deal in place, but no matter how it happens it's going to go down as described.

I'd be interested depending on the price, but not terribly interested. As dumb as it sounds, I still hold a Brady grudge. He's a fraud, I tells ya! Put him in Cleveland and he'd fail miserably! In real life, that is.

Real life football gets in the way of Madden. :(

TheCrow

I'd be interested depending on the price, but not terribly interested. As dumb as it sounds, I still hold a Brady grudge. He's a fraud, I tells ya! Put him in Cleveland and he'd fail miserably! In real life, that is.

What about Peyton? I won't give him to FMT but for you, my friend, anything is possible.

DMczaf

I finally traded in NCAA 13 at Best Buy (I missed the $40 value last week, it's down to $36 now :( ) and got in on that Buy 2 Get 1 Free 3DS games deal. I got Zelda, Mario 3D Land, and Star Fox (I don't care if it's 1 hour long, it's one of my favorite games ever and the only good Star Fox game!)

DCX

DCX
I don't give a shit anymore. I'm ready to play games. Say whatever you guys want!! Its a free country..

DCX

Top Bottom