• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I finally traded in NCAA 13 at Best Buy (I missed the $40 value last week, it's down to $36 now :( ) and got in on that Buy 2 Get 1 Free 3DS games deal. I got Zelda, Mario 3D Land, and Star Fox (I don't care if it's 1 hour long, it's one of my favorite games ever and the only good Star Fox game!)

I was playing it on an n64 emulator the other day. Still so good. I dumped so many hours into that game its insane.

I'd be interested depending on the price, but not terribly interested. As dumb as it sounds, I still hold a Brady grudge. He's a fraud, I tells ya! Put him in Cleveland and he'd fail miserably! In real life, that is.

Real life football gets in the way of Madden. :(

You know, I'd be more than willing to test this theory!

bluemax

Banned
Here's my piece on why I don't get all the block buster trades that people are desperate to complete:

How many of the people trying to complete these trades are really 1 piece away from being able to beat a Rorschach, or FMT or Ramirez etc. I just think its insane to do. And historically, how many of these kinds of trades have ever put someone over the top in GAF Madden? I guess the sample size is pretty small, but considering the same 5 or so dudes in this league have been dominating the Super Bowls and playoffs I just don't see how depleting your draft picks for one player is worth it. I can't think of a single player in the NFL that if I added them to the Seahawks roster tomorrow would make it so that I could dominate FMT every time I play him. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Anywho, that's my two cents.

Rorschach

Here's my piece on why I don't get all the block buster trades that people are desperate to complete:

How many of the people trying to complete these trades are really 1 piece away from being able to beat a Rorschach, or FMT or Ramirez etc. I just think its insane to do. And historically, how many of these kinds of trades have ever put someone over the top in GAF Madden? I guess the sample size is pretty small, but considering the same 5 or so dudes in this league have been dominating the Super Bowls and playoffs I just don't see how depleting your draft picks for one player is worth it. I can't think of a single player in the NFL that if I added them to the Seahawks roster tomorrow would make it so that I could dominate FMT every time I play him. Maybe I'm just a pessimist.

Give me Miller.

Sokantish

I'm just missing one piece!

eznark

Banned
So, no roster changes, and we are still waiting a week? Stupid.

Sorry about last night EZ my son was sick.

No problem, it was a fun game. The only annoying thing is I really wanted to save that video of Burnett destroying Hawk on one of your long TD's.

I'm pumped I was able to score against you!

TheCrow

Stop being reasonable.

eznark

Banned

I just try to make trades that I think will make the game more enjoyable to play, personally.

I just tried to Russell and he fumbled on three straight plays...

:(

Nightz

Some people like having the false hope that adding 1 piece is enough.

Ramirez

No problem, it was a fun game. The only annoying thing is I really wanted to save that video of Burnett destroying Hawk on one of your long TD's.

I'm pumped I was able to score against you!

That same team tackle was pretty hilarious, heh.

Smokey

Ok you also have to ask yourself do all users really care about being the champ, or just having fun and being a GM? You get to control your team that you are a fan of. We all sit around and comment on moves that our respective GMs make and what we would do if we had the chance.

That's one reason why I've said trades should just be open and let people be the GM of the team they enjoy watching.

Rorschach

Some people like having the false hope that adding 1 piece is enough.

aPb67.jpg

Ok you also have to ask yourself do all users really care about being the champ, or just having fun and being a GM? You get to control your team that you are a fan of. We all sit around and comment on moves that our restrictive GMs make and what we would do if we had the chance.

That's one reason why I've said trades should just be open and let people be the GM of the team they enjoy watching.

But then people like you, who are very interested in competing, take advantage of people who don't know any better or care. The crappy team is no worse for wear and now you have bolstered your team

except that I do feel that adding this one piece will be worth the first and second that I am losing (I don't count trading the other since that is who he will replace)

I look at my roster and realize that with good scouting and smart free agent moves I can plug in some of the more minor holes. but sadly, my core is what it is and I do not feel that the extra draft picks I'm losing will put me over the top either. plus, one of the picks I'm trading isn't even mine in the first place so I will still get to draft. so I'm willing to gamble on getting one of the best WR in the game because that is where I have a giant glaring hole.

he could be the difference in me going 7-9 again (which is pretty much me every fucking year) or 10-6 this time

Smokey

But then people like you, who are very interested in competing, take advantage of people who don't know any better or care. The crappy team is no worse for wear and now you have bolstered your team

So you straight calling me a vulture?! I don't take advantage of anybody if somebody wants to move a player I don't give fucks as to why, if I'm interested ill pick up the phone.

Sanjuro

Sanjuro I will take Brady off your hands. You can have gore!

That's all I ever wanted.

If we can do

Patriots: Get Fitz, Gore, Cassel

49ers: Get Brady

Cardinals: Get 2 1sts / 1 2nd

Chiefs: Get Smith

IF that can be done. I want to do it. That was my original plan!

Right now I have a YAY from FMT and NAY from CB3.

Do we want a revote on start date? Some people seem to have changed their minds.

Sounds good to me!

If we can do

and yall want to wait for the CCM update when shit like this is going down day 1? fuck u waitin for?

eznark

Banned

If we can do

You need to include an NFCN team to eliminate the vote of Poutface.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Why would you flip cassel for Alex. That seems like a downgrade.

Also you have no yays because fmt can't vote

TheCrow

If we can do

You lost the vote from FMT because he is now involved in the trade.

Top Bottom