• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Also fmt just dumps gore and smith for BRADY.

And he was just bitching at Smokey for taking advantage...

bluemax

Banned
Give me Miller.

I'm not making any trades until I see my roster and review my final cap situation. Once we've started feel free to make me an offer and we can go there.

I'm just missing one piece!

That's the spirit!

Stop being reasonable.

I can't help it! This is who I am!

I just try to make trades that I think will make the game more enjoyable to play, personally.

I just tried to Russell and he fumbled on three straight plays...

:(

I mean that's fine, I'm not saying don't trade. Trades happen, trades are important. There's nothing wrong with trades. I think all my time reading baseball analysis and what not has taught me about understanding value appropriately.

I remember reading something about the importance of 1 win upgrades for various teams and so it should sort of dictate how much teams are willing to spend.

This is kind of how I view this league, there are 4 tiers:

Tier 1, the elites. These guys already have some combination of elite stick skills and elite Madden rosters. For them the upside of adding another elite player is giving them that marginal advantage over one of the other 3-4 guys in this tier who they'll likely face in the CCG and Super Bowl. They should absolutely try to acquire elite talent if they can.

Tier 2, the guys knocking on the door. These 4-5 guys are better than pretty much all the rest of us, they just haven't won the big dance yet for some reason or another. Given that they have 8 to 10 guys at or slightly above their level skill wise the upside of acquiring improvements is increasing their shot at the Title. I would say all of them have a realistic shot at the title, so they may only be 1 piece away from getting to it.

Tier 3, most of the rest of us. Basically 18 or so of us will finish with between 5 and 9 wins and be out of the playoffs in round 1 if we make it. Instead of going all in on one piece we should be looking at steady improvements to our overall rosters and adding elite talent through the draft where the cost is cheaper.

Tier 4, fodder tier. These are the guys who either don't take this seriously (which is fine) or were handed dog shit rosters. The guys with the bad rosters should be looking to acquire draft capital as they likely need help at a bevy of positions. These are the guys that should be sellers.

Some people like having the false hope that adding 1 piece is enough.

I think there are legitimately a few people in this league who might be 1 piece away. I'm just not sure I've seen all of them involved in these wacky preseason trades.

Ok you also have to ask yourself do all users really care about being the champ, or just having fun and being a GM? You get to control your team that you are a fan of. We all sit around and comment on moves that our respective GMs make and what we would do if we had the chance.

That's one reason why I've said trades should just be open and let people be the GM of the team they enjoy watching.

I 100% agree that everyone has fun in their own ways in this league, and I'm not here trying to say no trade. I'm just saying some people need sanity lessons. Then again I think there are real GMs/Owners who have the same kind of delusions so hey, if its in the game right?

Sanjuro

So, who would vote on this? I just want this done if possible. Don't want to hold people up from doing deals. If it can't be worked, then I'll just go with stock.

Mrbob

What are contract details for all players involved? FMT talks up Frank the Tank and Small Hands all the time and now he is going to dump them?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Last I checked the league was meant to be fun. If someone enjoys that aspect of it, let em go nuts. And for the record, if Smokey were to get punted I'd resign.

Bros for life.

Smokey isn't going anywhere. He reminds me of a young me, fighting the power. Things just got heated.

Last I checked the league was meant to be fun. If someone enjoys that aspect of it, let em go nuts. And for the record, if Smokey were to get punted I'd resign.

Wtf are you talking about? Why would smokey be punted? I love smokey!

And you resigning now is just speeding up the inevitable quitting midway through season 2

LukeSmith

Two birds, one stone.

Livewire is only in for a season anyway in the wake of the Redskins going to Mcnulty!

I'd punt Carlos way before Smokes! Smokey only takes advantage of individuals! He's like a rapist, to Carlos' terrorist!

Sanjuro

Sanjuro as part of that deal I'd like to swap 7th rounders.

You've got my vote!

Again, this is meant to be fun. Obviously if I'm swapping Smith for Cassel you should be aware of my intention. I'd still like Bledsoe, but that fucking warlord Luke is holding him in captivity.

eznark

Banned
Include one team from every division, then it can't be vetoed.

Profit.

Then vote no on it you dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

79JDE.gif

McNei1y

I don't think I'm going to trade anyone. I've only made one blockbuster in this league and that was last year when I sent AP and a draft pick to Ram for Troy P. and Mendenhall.

LukeSmith

Is this the Trade:

Patriots: Get Fitz, Gore, Cassel

49ers: Get Brady

Cardinals: Get 2 1sts / 1 2nd

Chiefs: Get Smith

Could we get the trades in a format where they actually make sense, like:

49ers Trade Alex Smith and Frank Gore and a 1st
Get: Tom Brady

Patriots trade Tom Brady
Get: Larry Fitzgerald, Frank Gore, Matt Cassell

Arizona Cardinalds trade Larry Fitzgerald
Get: Patriots 1st 2013, <Someone's First>, FMT's First 2013

Sanjuro

Is this the Trade:

Patriots: Get Fitz, Gore, Cassel

49ers: Get Brady

Cardinals: Get 2 1sts / 1 2nd

Chiefs: Get Smith

Could we get the trades in a format where they actually make sense, like:

49ers Trade Alex Smith and Frank Gore and a 1st
Get: Tom Brady

Patriots trade Tom Brady
Get: Larry Fitzgerald, Frank Gore, Matt Cassell

Arizona Cardinalds trade Larry Fitzgerald
Get: Patriots 1st 2013, <Someone's First>, FMT's First 2013

Something like that. I've been at work this whole time, so little difficult to post. Just doing my best to help clarify.

daw is the only other missing component. When I spoke with him he seemed to get that I wanted Cassel for personal reasons, wanting simply a better QB in return.

Mrbob

So this trade isn't even finalized by all partners involved and is being put to a vote? Being spearheaded by one of our commishes? What kind of clown college dealing is this?

Sanjuro

So this trade isn't even finalized by all partners involved and is being put to a vote? Being spearheaded by one of our commishes? What kind of clown college dealing is this?

If the Chiefs aren't involved, I'll just end up with Smith. I rather have my man Cassel. Daw is the least involved component in this.

BigAT

Let's just start this fucking thing already. You guys completely lose your shit whenever we go more than a couple of days without games going played, Christ.

LukeSmith

Once the details are finalized and the trade is posted in a format where it shows clearly what each team involved gives up and gets, we'll get a vote on it.

Yeah! Sanjuro post the exact trade motherfucker! I dont care who the 3rd team is! I give gore smith and 1st and get Brady!

Rorschach

No offense to Cola, but I'm pretty sure he's a step or two down from FMT...and probably Wellie too.

He's in rebuild mode... obviously, he wouldn't do much this year... but having 4 firsts? And a 2 seconds? You can't tell me that wouldn't be exciting. I'd take that right now for 1 WR!

Top Bottom