• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Sokantish

eznark my internet's being a little crazy right now. Fair warning it might drop me out of the game! I restarted my modem, that fixes everything right?

eznark

Banned
^Same as every year. There is a chilling effect on plebes trading while the circle jerk will continue doing business among themselves on im.

eznark my internet's being a little crazy right now. Fair warning it might drop me out of the game! I restarted my modem, that fixes everything right?

lol, you on spotty internet and me testing wireless on the xbox for the first time. What could go wrong!?

Also, I'm using the Seahawks, FYI

bluemax

Banned
Luke, his tweet said there wouldn't me many, not that there would be none. Russell Wilson was the most obvious bump, imo. Kind of stunning he didn't get one. Donny hates skinny black people.

The last thing I want to do is give FMT pleasure

i

All will be well my child.

No, it really wasn't. If Smokey and DCX can't trade each others' entire teams if that made them happy, then a statement of "there will be no trade restrictions for season 1" is a complete fallacy. Sanjuro is making a valid point.

Wow @ that trade, I offered more to Cola and he turned it down. Oh well!

Their trade happened before we reformed the trade regulation. Thus, it is not subject to approval. We said the trade was fine yesterday. Dont blame this on there being trade regulations moving forward!

Trasher

Ok this is getting ridiculous now. What is the official ruling on trades? I feel like people keep saying that they are fine, and then someone jokingly says they aren't allowed. Or maybe my sarcasm meter is just off, but I can't always tell when our commish's are being serious or not!

Colasante

The AFC East is there for the taking. I applaud the Dolphins' aggressive moves. Meanwhile the Cardinals will have a 75 rated QB throwing to a 75 rated WR, while being protected by a 74 rated LT. Welp.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I tried to go through it with sanjo last night. Nothing involved his trade, so if he doesn't wanna go through with it or any other trades, so be it. He is only potentially hurting himself.

Smokey

you guys should thank me for exposing the shadow councils "free trade" stance before we got to the season

It smelled like bs when it was said and when put to the troll test it indeed came back as bs

CB3

you guys should thank me for exposing the shadow councils "free trade" stance before we got to the season

It smelled like bs when it was said and when put to the troll test it indeed came back as bs

You say Shadow Council with a certain disdain. As if you weren't begging to be in it last week on aim . Hmm....

Rorschach

Yeah, but if not for the troll, we could have gotten some trades off before they shut it down. For example, fitz had already gone through. I just wanted a draft/off-season where there was free trade. That draft day would have been amazizing. People moving up in the draft to take some bust QB. TRADE ALERT: #3 has traded to #27! Who's he gonna pick?! Just like on Thursdays IRL. Remember when Denver traded up to get Tebow? olawd!

Smokey

You say Shadow Council with a certain disdain. As if you weren't begging to be in it last week on aim . Hmm....

What does my application for employment have to do with me calling your bluff on a free trade market? Exactly, it doesn't!

As soon as the chance came up that fragile free trade clause was put to the test and exposed.

Sanjuro

And what does it have to do with a trade you made that was grandfathered in? Or do you not understand?

It was part one of a multiple trade scenario, which I was told directly would not be completed.

I'm not bothered by it. It's just the absurd notion that you guys feel like nothing has changed.

CB3

What does my application for employment have to do with me calling your bluff on a free trade market? Exactly, it doesn't.

As soon as the chance came up that fragile free trade clause was put to the test and exposed.

I dare you to go back and find my first post talking about it. Go ahead. You can even find my subsequent posts about it. Saying id put it to a stop if people wanna be stupid about it.

Rorschach

It was part one of a multiple trade scenario, which I was told directly would not be completed.

I'm not bothered by it. It's just the absurd notion that you guys feel like nothing has changed.

Why didn't you just say that instead of beating around the bush?

Who denied it? I thought it was up to vote by like 6 people.

bluemax

Banned
First picture I saw. If you have a different one you'd prefer let me know.
f02hy.jpg

I'm guessing he wanted the awesome picture he posted?

You know I'm right, LJ!

Yeah, I meant the one in the picture I hotlinked from Grantland :)

BTW, did you go to the concert at the pier last night? I had only vaguely heard one of the bands before but the whole atmosphere was really cool. Plus tons of eye candy.

Colasante

I'm honestly still confused by what the trade regulation is at this point. Can we at least have it be open and unregulated on draft day?

CB3

Ooooooohhhhh he isn't talking about the Fitz trade. He is talking about how I'd decline his Brady trade

Smokey

Yeah, but if not for the troll, we could have gotten some trades off before they shut it down. For example, fitz had already gone through. I just wanted a draft/off-season where there was free trade. That draft day would have been amazizing. People moving up in the draft to take some bust QB. TRADE ALERT: #3 has traded to #27! Who's he gonna pick?! Just like on Thursdays IRL. Remember when Denver traded up to get Tebow? olawd!

This is true but I couldn't resist putting it to the test. I knew if I and dcx were involved we would see if they meant it and it turns out the cake was a lie.

Now nobody knows wtf is ok and what isn't ala back to M12

DCX

DCX
It can still be like that. As soon as the fake trade went up they started forming the committee. If they would have waited till the troll was over only two things would have happened: oh wow that was funny or oh wow we totally thought that was real and typical DCX style. Both options could have resulted in moving forward. Nope.

We got what we got and now its under the guise of that we need to you from yourselves. As you can see with phee, he gives no fucks and made the same trade now with voting.

The growing sense is we were never free to begin with. The committee was always there ready to take it all away whenever they saw fit.

It is what it is. Sucks for Cola..well no. He swindled someone else for the same deal so I guess sucks for Sanjuro. :(

DCX

Sanjuro

Ooooooohhhhh he isn't talking about the Fitz trade. He is talking about how I'd decline his Brady trade

Yeah. At the time, Brady would have been the only Patriot leaving. There was another possible player, but completely separate deal. The Brady/Fitz deals would have both needed to go through.

This is getting a bit backwards.

Lol who feels nothing has changed? It's clear it has changed from open trades to needing approval. But your little multi team trade would've likely fucked you if your plan was to move Brady or fitz again just on cap hit alone

CB3

So who's to say others won't approve your trade. Its not the first time I'd have voted no and it went through Anyway. If you wanna pout, pout. Don't try to blame it on me.

It can still be like that. As soon as the fake trade went up they started forming the committee. If they would have waited till the troll was over only two things would have happened: oh wow that was funny or oh wow we totally thought that was real and typical DCX style. Both options could have resulted in moving forward. Nope.

We got what we got and now its under the guise of that we need to you from yourselves. As you can see with phee, he gives no fucks and made the same trade now with voting.

The growing sense is we were never free to begin with. The committee was always there ready to take it all away whenever they saw fit.

It is what it is. Sucks for Cola..well no. He swindled someone else for the same deal so I guess sucks for Sanjuro. :(

DCX

YOU specifically are one of the reasons we need a trade council in the first place. That no one really doubted that trade was real should tell you everything you need to know

Smokey

Then why get political with a statement like "trades will be free" if you knew in the back of your head it was a lie

FMT KNEW IT WAS A LIE!

Sanjuro

So who's to say others won't approve your trade. Its not the first time I'd have voted no and it went through Anyway. If you wanna pout, pout. Don't try to blame it on me.

I'm not pouting, I'm just explaining. It's kind of lousy that Fitz is now gone. Again, I'll just run with stock.

You are one of the commissioners of the league. If you tell me there is no way I can trade Tom Brady, then I'm just going to drop it. I'm not going to play this little game of complaining to FMT about mean old CB.

LiveWire

YOU specifically are one of the reasons we need a trade council in the first place. That no one really doubted that trade was real should tell you everything you need to know

Who cares though? Did the NFL stop the Redskins from mortgaging the future for RG3? Or the Vikings for dooming themselves for Herschel Walker? If people fuck themselves on their salary cap they'll address it in-game. How does it affect you? What does it matter? Unless it's something like DCX cheating the cap, there's no need to get involved.

Top Bottom