• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Sanjuro

So, FMT is out. Is there anyone else interested in Brady? Not going to keep doing this because it holds up other deals. I'm at work right now, right now I spoke to Daw briefly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
So what is the feeling on the running game now that you guys have played it a bunch?

I like what they tried to do with the new physics/animation, but does anyone else feel like the offensive linemen are made of glue? When I run the ball I feel like I get stuck on my linemen (actually you can literally watch the HB "stick" to these guys as his body tweaks and contorts trying to break free) and just overall it really weirds out quite a bit when running between the tackles.

I think the passing game is improved but the running (especially inside running which is my bread an butter) isn't really that great... I like what they're trying to do, but that phase of the game is drowning in jank.

Sokantish

I feel like sometimes the running is great, especially when you're stuck in a pile and then you eventually get out and break for a huge run, other times I trip over the air or even one time my guy ran into the back of one of my linemen started spinning and then ran backwards for 15 yards before he was eventually tackled, this was with me holding up the entire time. There's some promise there but there's a lot of things to fix too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I feel like sometimes the running is great, especially when you're stuck in a pile and then you eventually get out and break for a huge run, other times I trip over the air or even one time my guy ran into the back of one of my linemen started spinning and then ran backwards for 15 yards before he was eventually tackled, this was with me holding up the entire time. There's some promise there but there's a lot of things to fix too.

So far it feels alright running outside, but I rarely do that. Too much risk for other weirdness to happen. I'd rather throw a WR screen or dump it off to a HB than have to commit to running a long pattern outside. Unless it's to keep the defense honest, or an audible... it's not part of my gameplan. But I noticed in practice mode that they aren't as janky as inside runs.

I've not seen a guy run backwards! Haha.

Throwing to backs is still a bit of a gamble... you never quite know how the ball will come out and whether or not the back will do a retarded catch animation that gives the LB/DB time to eat up all his space. Or how they sometimes will catch the ball and run out of bounds before you can turn them upfield. Total control passing helps a lot, and you can usually lead them and get a gain, but you never really know.

Either way... finding this game immensely more entertaining than last year... even with some of the jank.

Hopefully next year they allow for custom hot routes. That's my primary gripe atm.

Birdman02

Gg bird. The interception on my first drive told me all I needed to know about how the game was going to go

gg. yeah...I watched the replay and that ball just went over Megatron's hands because he didn't extend all the way for some reason. The worst play was the "pick" by Shanle. Sure, it should have been caught clean, but he deflected it and the ball actually rolled on the ground before he scooped it up and they still called it an INT.

Sanjuro

Just realized what my inbox has become...

NZbF1.png

DCX

Top Bottom