• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Oh hey douchy fmt is back just like that! Pretending it didn't take a pass into double coverage to your fullback on a flat and two subsequent fullback dives (one on 4th down which was questionable as best) to beat me. Leaving out the facts as usual. I committed to middle run twice and stopped you once. Nothing else I can do

touchy touchy. you can talk trash but can't take it! and regarding the FB dive, tell the truth. i fake "audibled" and you slanted your line in the other direction, leaving the middle wide open!

and it's not like i didn't get in the first time anyways, i was fucking standing on the goalline, no way did the ball not cross. i will admit that the goalline pass to my fb should have been picked, but thems the breaks! i dropped more than 1 pick in the game!

Ramirez

Oh hey douchy fmt is back just like that! Pretending it didn't take a pass into double coverage to your fullback on a flat and two subsequent fullback dives (one on 4th down which was questionable as best) to beat me. Leaving out the facts as usual. I committed to middle run twice and stopped you once. Nothing else I can do

Was the FB flat dump before or after a Kap run?!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You didn't fool me lol. I was run committed to the middle twice. On the 4th down your fb broke a tackle in the backfield and found his way in. I lost on a coin flip.

Rorschach

FB dive is money this year. There is absolutely no way to stop it unless you're a top 5 D and the other team has a crap OL. FBs don't get stuck in the mud like HBs either.

Was the FB flat dump before or after a Kap run?!

i think i ran with kap 1 time. cb's 3 and 4 man line was destroying me, i didn't have many opportunities to run! but if you listen to him tell it, that was all him! he had no help from his AI teammates! it was his AI teammates that were controlling the LB that moved out of the way and let me get a 70+ yard run with gore, not him!

Rorschach

Is the Eagles D crazy good this year like last year? I imagine it's even better now that they have a good LB, but I haven't checked the ratings.

CB3

I ran a 3 man line once. And it had two linebackers rushing as well on that play. Otherwise I had blitzing guys in 4 man lines and dudes in qb contain, which you predictably ran into during your 1 read and go offense. Kap was worthless. The only thing he did well was not fumble after all the hits he took.

eagles d-line is pretty beastly and their secondary is pretty fucking OP considering how they actually played last year. but CB doesn't benefit from his AI teammates, only other teams do. how unfortunate

Rorschach

btw sanjuro i'm out for tom brady. i did a test on it and i get hit with $6 mil cap hit A PIECE for alex and frank, and then tom brady is $11 mil cap # in season 1 and probably gets insane from there

i would love tom, but i can't ruin my team for the next years. i need that money to re-sign bowman :(

Salary cap doing its job? Maybe we don't need a council. :p

I ran a 3 man line once. And it had two linebackers rushing as well on that play. Otherwise I had blitzing guys in 4 man lines and dudes in qb contain, which you predictably ran into during your 1 read and go offense. Kap was worthless. The only thing he did well was not fumble after all the hits he took.

and yet, this "1 read" offense with mediocre QB's is good enough to beat you again and again. i feel sorry for when you have to play elite players with good qb's!

Ferny

If you want to get in on a conspiracy, you should calculate the percentage of the wait list who have been playing Guild Wars 2 and Dota 2 tonight. Percentage is pretty high!

Madden league already affected by both games.

How is waiting for the most updated rosters already affecting the league?

CB3

Tim Tebow won games. Except he really didn't. His defense did and he would swoop in on one drive, stick a horseshoe up his ass, and get the credit. Oddly similar circumstances.

Tim Tebow won games. Except he really didn't. His defense did and he would swoop in on one drive, stick a horseshoe up his ass, and get the credit. Oddly similar circumstances.

and what "lucky" play did i get in this game? vick fumbling on a strip from behind or you throwing the ball right to me? i repeat, the AI had 0 interceptions, they were all user picks. but i suppose that is to be expected. if it's not the defensive AI bailing me out with turnovers, it's that it's too windy for you. if it's not too windy for you, it's because my rb's can't be tackled. if it's not that my rb's can't be tackled, it's that i get pressure on you with a 3/4 man line. etc etc etc

i can't win!

CB3

I would have been fine with starting early knowing what I know now... I wish the information that was being thrown around here wasn't always based on an agenda. =/

Yeah. I'm on.

You mean there were also people who wanted to wait based on possible roster rating buffs!? No way!

CB3

CCM is using the last roster update. Which really doesn't matter because we'd be making most of the same cuts. In terms of game play CCM is ahead of regular play because as far as I know, they have been updating it.

Some of the guys were holding out because they thought they were gonna get buffed. Bluemax with Wilson (pretty much the only ratings change in the whole thing), splat who was hoping for buffs to his D, or bird man wanting to get Vilma back, as a few examples.

The whole thing was agenda filled. That's why I didn't vote on it until today when the thread started to come off the wheels.

the cap hits are even more of a reason to have a trade council. i can already see a free trade enterprise where someone says "LOL i can trade this guy and save $5 mil on the cap this year and get this other guy who only has an $8 mil cap # this year!? sign me up! who cares if i get a cap hit of $4 mil next year and the new guys salary goes up to $14 mil!"

then next season rolls around and they're absolutely fucked, don't have the money to re-sign some of their FA's or participate in free agency and now they have lost interest in playing because they can't field a good team. that's an extreme case but it wouldn't surprise me with certain dudes

THIS IS A TEST FOR OUR POSSIBLE 32ND MEMBER!

ARE YOU ON THE WAIT LIST? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING THE JAGS? THEN POST WITHIN THE NEXT DAY OR SO BECAUSE THERE WILL LIKELY BE A PLAY-IN TOURNAMENT!

if you aren't active in this thread then it's going to be difficult to be successful in the league! so post if you want to be considered!

this is all contingent on drizzler not showing up by next week. he very well MAY show up and then there would be no play-in tournament

eznark

Banned
the cap hits are even more of a reason to have a trade council. i can already see a free trade enterprise where someone says "LOL i can trade this guy and save $5 mil on the cap this year and get this other guy who only has an $8 mil cap # this year!? sign me up! who cares if i get a cap hit of $4 mil next year and the new guys salary goes up to $14 mil!"

then next season rolls around and they're absolutely fucked, don't have the money to re-sign some of their FA's or participate in free agency and now they have lost interest in playing because they can't field a good team. that's an extreme case but it wouldn't surprise me with certain dudes

Oh so benevolent.

rinse82

ARE YOU ON THE WAIT LIST? ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING THE JAGS? THEN POST WITHIN THE NEXT DAY OR SO BECAUSE THERE WILL LIKELY BE A PLAY-IN TOURNAMENT!

if you aren't active in this thread then it's going to be difficult to be successful in the league! so post if you want to be considered!

this is all contingent on drizzler not showing up by next week. he very well MAY show up and then there would be no play-in tournament

definitely interested, count me in.

The problem with America is that everyone thinks they know what is best for everyone else.

We don't all want to live in blackface and suck down wet shit, FMT.

this isn't america motherfucker, it's the neogaf madden franchise and you don't HAVE to play if it's that oppressive for you!

eznark

Banned
this isn't america motherfucker, it's the neogaf madden franchise and you don't HAVE to play if it's that oppressive for you!

I will walk deeper into the belly of the beast if it means I'm able to limit further reckless Madden oppression.

ron_swanson_by_gnuenguemo-d48tbwi.jpg

Trasher

GG, Blue. That lag made things super difficult and annoying. I had like a half-second delay. Totally biffed that first field goal because of it lol.

bluemax

Banned
GG Trasher. That was definitely not a game for people who like running the football. 72 combined passing attempts, over 500 yards combined passing, less than 20 combined rushing yards. I kept trying to run for the first 2 and a half quarters but that 5 man front was killing me.

I'm glad I made a come back but ugh, I gotta work on stupid INTs.

Also I checked the replay on that 4th down Braylon Edwards catch, he totally tapped both feet in before going out!

GG, Blue. That lag made things super difficult and annoying. I had like a half-second delay. Totally biffed that first field goal because of it lol.

Yeah same thing happened on mine, I got like a frame spike during the kick meter. In the end they evened out I think.

Trasher

GG Trasher. That was definitely not a game for people who like running the football. 72 combined passing attempts, over 500 yards combined passing, less than 20 combined rushing yards. I kept trying to run for the first 2 and a half quarters but that 5 man front was killing me.

I'm glad I made a come back but ugh, I gotta work on stupid INTs.

Also I checked the replay on that 4th down Braylon Edwards catch, he totally tapped both feet in before going out!

Haha yeah I was just tapping LT to see if it would work because usually it doesn't for me. I thought it looked in bounds, but you never know!

I don't know if it's just my D line or what, but no one has been able to run the ball against me yet. Running seems like the most impossible thing to do in this game. Does anyone actually have any success with it ever? I enjoyed how you had a total of 8 yards rushing, and mine was 9. Pretty sure that was the difference maker in the game!

bluemax

Banned
I would've challenged it too. It's Madden you never know what will happen!

I was averaging around 60 yards per game rushing coming in to that one. Not good by any means but enough to keep people honest. Lynch doesn't have break a way speed so if in not bulldozing people I mostly just have to grind it out.

LukeSmith

If it's not Drizzler, I think we should just give it to Tross on account of the Anti-Ramirez Youtube videos from last year and the ability to use a bird in the thread whenever he gets referred to. He's more entertaining than anyone else on the list by an order of magnitude.

anf_albatross_b.jpg

yeah ill participate in a playin if drizz doesnt show

Top Bottom