• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

While everybody else laughs at your poor soul I will attempt to help! Start at the top...what kind of router do you have? Is it a standalone router or is it one of those crappy router and modem together type of boxes?

lololol

I have a comcast xfinity box that seems like its a modem/router combo, but I am using my linksys E1200 router instead of the modem's router capabilities. I've already assigned my xbox the IP Address 192.168.1.14 and I have enabled the DMZ. I am no longer getting the NAT errors.

What I'm concerned about is port forwarding and junk. As well as any other step I may need to do to get this shit up and running!

I'm pretty sure you can just assign your xbox whatever IP you want.

Edit: Oh wait, smokey will help you so I'll go back to mocking you.

Oh good.

Smokey

I have a comcast xfinity box that seems like its a modem/router combo, but I am using my linksys E1200 router instead of the modem's router capabilities. I've already assigned my xbox the IP Address 192.168.1.14 and I have enabled the DMZ. I am no longer getting the NAT errors.

What I'm concerned about is port forwarding and junk. As well as any other step I may need to do to get this shit up and running!

So have your opened the ports you are supposed to then? I don't know what they are but Google does. If your box is truely in the DMZ the port forwarding will not matter. Check what they are anyway.

Did you set your 360 to static IP instead of Auto? If so did you put in the correct subnet mask, default gateway etc? When does it drop? Is your 360 the only thing that drops? What about your PC when playing BF3? Have you tried going directly into your crappy hybrid box and bypass the Linksys altogether? If you haven't why not? Has it always done this? If not when did it start and what did you change? Can you enable logs on that router? If so you should.

I await

Edit: There's a good chance your Linksys could just be shit. Their routers aren't very good anymore I went through several myself.

TheCrow

If you DMZ your 360's ip you don't have to worry about port forwarding. DMZ means all data is able to go through.

LiveWire

star-wars-blu-ray-noooo.jpg

"What about the redskins? Are they safe?"

emperor.jpg

"It seems in your anger, you griefed them"

no-darth_vader.jpeg

The Redskins returning to their rightful owner?

emperor_palpatine_with_sunglasses_29773_12721383.jpg

McNei1y

So have your opened the ports you are supposed to then? I don't know what they are but Google does. If your box is truely in the DMZ the port forwarding will not matter. Check what they are anyway.

Did you set your 360 to static IP instead of Auto?
Did you put in the correct subnet mask?
When does it drop?
Is your 360 the only thing that drops?
What about your PC when playing BF3?
Have you tried going directly into your crappy hybrid box and bypass the Linksys altogether? If you haven't why not?
Has it always done this?
If not when did it start and what did you change?

I await

Yes. 192.168.1.14 (I just did this though. Never did it during any game.)

Yes!

When does it drop?
During gameplay. It'll pause/freeze for a second or two and then resume activity. After a few times of this scenario, the game is ended because they think I am griefing everyone.'

Xbox 360 doesn't drop. The only thing that happens is the game ending.

Nope.

Have you tried going directly into your crappy hybrid box and bypass the Linksys
altogether? If you haven't why not?
Nope but I'll do it when no ones home. It seemed like I never had too since I am still connected to the internet.

Has it always done this?
Well sorta but I'll explain.

With Madden!

The only thing I notice about the internet, aside from the Comcast modem resetting randomly which I blame Comcast for, is that my connection on the top floor has a poor signal. It also disconnects sometimes. But whenever that happens, I believe it is just the box resetting because Comcast's signal sucks. I've never really lagged heavily or been disconnected from games. It'll do this in wow sometimes but I still think its because the Modem resets.

Sanjuro

What about the firmware? Have you looked into that? Router model info? Some modems are shit due to software and can be drastically enhanced with custom firmware. Then there are just some routers which are shit. The market is much harder to find a quality router than it was many years ago.

Do you have a gigabit level modem from Comcast? If not, you can bring your old one to one of the payment centers and normally get it replaced.

McNei1y

What about the firmware? Have you looked into that? Router model info?

Do you have a gigabit level modem from Comcast? If not, you can bring your old one to one of the payment centers and normally get it replaced.

Yea I updated my firmware the other day to the most current one.

I'm not sure how to check my comcast modem. It doesn't label the model at all. It just says Xfinity everywhere and then a Serial Number on the back.

Smokey

Yes. 192.168.1.14 (I just did this though. Never did it during any game.)

Yes!

When does it drop?
During gameplay. It'll pause/freeze for a second or two and then resume activity. After a few times of this scenario, the game is ended because they think I am griefing everyone.'

Xbox 360 doesn't drop. The only thing that happens is the game ending.

Nope.

Have you tried going directly into your crappy hybrid box and bypass the Linksys
altogether? If you haven't why not?
Nope but I'll do it when no ones home. It seemed like I never had too since I am still connected to the internet.

Has it always done this?
Well sorta but I'll explain.

With Madden!

The only thing I notice about the internet, aside from the Comcast modem resetting randomly which I blame Comcast for, is that my connection on the top floor has a poor signal. It also disconnects sometimes. But whenever that happens, I believe it is just the box resetting because Comcast's signal sucks.

Ok, try again now that it's a static IP. See if the firmware to your router is up to date. If so disregard it and connect directly into the hybrid box. Move your 360 back to Auto and try again. Try a different 360 game to...Halo or something. Play for like 30 minutes and see if you get kicked.

After you've tried the hybrid box and it still fails, call Comcast and have them do a signal check on your connection to see if it's clean just to rule out if it's them or you.

McNei1y

Ok. See if the firmware to your router is up to date. If so disregard it and connect directly into the hybrid box. Move your 360 back to Auto and try again. Try a different 360 game to...Halo or something. Play for like 30 minutes and see if you get kicked.

After you've tried the hybrid box and it still fails, call Comcast and have them do a signal check on your connection to see if it's clean just to rule out if it's them or you.

Okay I'll do these. Thanks for the help guys.

Sok, want to play NHL or Madden or something?

Sanjuro

Yea I updated my firmware the other day to the most current one.

I'm not sure how to check my comcast modem. It doesn't label the model at all. It just says Xfinity everywhere and then a Serial Number on the back.

Which router though? Info, mang.

Comcast probably has dozens to a hundred different modems. Rule of thumb, if it's rebooting don't put up with that shit for a minute. Go to the payment center and get a new one. Things can only get better from there. If it still isn't up to snuff then you reach out to Comcast support.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
He wont get kicked on a game like Halo. He gets kicked on madden because of the anti griefing measures. On Halo if his box was fucking up he would probably just get lag spikes

Smokey

He wont get kicked on a game like Halo. He gets kicked on madden because of the anti griefing measures. On Halo if his box was fucking up he would probably just get lag spikes

That's what I was referring to, the lag spikes. When we played Halo I don't remember him mentioning any connection issues or whatever so thats why I thought of that one. Might be more appropriate to try NHL tho Mcnulty.

McNei1y

Which router though? Info, mang.

Comcast probably has dozens to a hundred different modems. Rule of thumb, if it's rebooting don't put up with that shit for a minute. Go to the payment center and get a new one. Things can only get better from there. If it still isn't up to snuff then you reach out to Comcast support.

Ah, I thought I posted the router info. My router is a Linksys E1200 router. I don't know what the hybrid one is though. I can't seem to find a label anywhere.

Exactly. It's not really a problem in anything except for the anti-griefing issues. I rarely get lag spikes in Halo.

I'll make sure to take the hybrid modem to Comcast on a free day, though. No harm in getting a new box.

Sanjuro

Ah, I thought I posted the router info. My router is a Linksys E1200 router. I don't know what the hybrid one is though. I can't seem to find a label anywhere.

If that is the correct model there are two variants, version 1 and version 2.

DD-WRT firmware is now supported on that model. I'm not sure the state of Linksys's firmware currently, but Netgear's is god awful. Made my entire network incredibly stable.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/

McNei1y

If that is the correct model there are two variants, version 1 and version 2.

DD-WRT firmware is now supported on that model. I'm not sure the state of Linksys's firmware currently, but Netgear's is god awful. Made my entire network incredibly stable.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads?path=others/eko/V24-K26/svn18946/

Yea I believe I downloaded the correct model firmware but I'll make sure to double check.

good game Sok! I was laughing my ass off through that entire game. I had no idea what I was doing. How the hell did I get a penalty at the opening faceoff lol. The fighting was fun as shit too! I'm going to love this game.

Also, the connection seemed to be smooth. I want to try madden again with somebody.

Sokantish

That goal I got with like 30 seconds left was pretty silly. The game is pretty fun though. I had no idea if I was suppose to grab the puck on the icing or let you grab it. I guess I should go after it next time.

We can try Madden if you want

McNei1y

That goal I got with like 30 seconds left was pretty silly. The game is pretty fun though. I had no idea if I was suppose to grab the puck on the icing or let you grab it. I guess I should go after it next time.

We can try Madden if you want

Okay. I'll be on madden.

And yea I had no idea what to do. I was just skating around the puck. The controls are so weird. I started changing lines right off the bat because of A and X and stuff. Luckily I sort of got the hang of it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
mcniely, do you have any usb devices hooked up? A friend of mine had griefing problems in madden 12 and we never figured out why, but after he stopped using a usb stick for his gamertag those issues went away.

McNei1y

mcniely, do you have any usb devices hooked up? A friend of mine had griefing problems in madden 12 and we never figured out why, but after he stopped using a usb stick for his gamertag those issues went away.

nope nothing is plugged in.

Well it looks like I got through the game fine. There was a bit of pause at the beginning but nothing else afterwards. Maybe being plugged into the modem/router is the way to go for the xbox. I'll keep it in there for now.

gg sok! That was one hell of an ugly game on my part. 5-6 interceptions and then some shitty coverage on defense. AP just wont go down in this game with the new physics!

nope nothing is plugged in.

Well it looks like I got through the game fine. There was a bit of pause at the beginning but nothing else afterwards. Maybe being plugged into the modem/router is the way to go for the xbox. I'll keep it in there for now.

gg sok! That was one hell of an ugly game on my part. 5-6 interceptions and then some shitty coverage on defense. AP just wont go down in this game with the new physics!

want to try another game? i want to get one more game in before friday!

i dont understand the cap. i had $5 mil in the pre-season. i get a trade offer from the giants: 4th, 6th and 7th round pick for delaine walker (who has a low salary). ok, fine, trade accepted. i sim through the pre-season and in week 1 i go to look at my pending free agents and negotiate with them. now i have $25 mil in cap space!

wat

Splat

i dont understand the cap. i had $5 mil in the pre-season. i get a trade offer from the giants: 4th, 6th and 7th round pick for delaine walker (who has a low salary). ok, fine, trade accepted. i sim through the pre-season and in week 1 i go to look at my pending free agents and negotiate with them. now i have $25 mil in cap space!

wat

I would assume once you've started the season, you're negotiating for following seasons, so players who will be free agents have their cap hits removed. Ie: if you have no cap space, and a guy who is making 8 mill a year is going to be a FA, it'd make sense you have 8 mill to work with for him, not zero.

DCX

DCX
Gg FMT. After the Matt Ryan fumble it all went to hell. I love how my D quits on their zone assignments at times. I also hate how your CB downright hold my WRs at the line.

Tons of ball hawking out there tho lol

Your D is amazing :(

DCX

Gg FMT. After the Matt Ryan fumble it all went to hell. I love how my D quits on their zone assignments at times. I also hate how your CB downright hold my WRs at the line.

Tons of ball hawking out there tho lol

Your D is amazing :(

DCX

gg brotha. yeah there was some good D being played on both sides. gore really didn't do much aside from 1 run.

as for some of those deep bombs i had all day to throw. at one point i swear it looked like you had rushed 1 guy and he was being quadruple teamed. not trying to make a joke, i honestly did not see any other rushers on the screen. so i literally stood there until manningham broke open

DCX

DCX
gg brotha. yeah there was some good D being played on both sides. gore really didn't do much aside from 1 run.

as for some of those deep bombs i had all day to throw. at one point i swear it looked like you had rushed 1 guy and he was being quadruple teamed. not trying to make a joke, i honestly did not see any other rushers on the screen. so i literally stood there until manningham broke open

sad :( i loled at that taint you threw on the failed playaction lol

Then i loled at the four shitty picks i threw.

DCX

sad :( i loled at that taint you threw on the failed playaction lol

Then i loled at the four shitty picks i threw.

DCX

that taint was just a poor decision. first off, the best case scenario for that play the way it played out was a 1 yard gain to my FB. worst case obviously happened. should've just rolled out and thrown that away :(

Top Bottom