• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

BigAT

Completely off topic, but has anyone ever had a landscaper break a window of theirs?

I walked out to find my rear windshield completely shattered and the timeline certainly seems to indicate it was our landscaper (window was fine when my roommate left for work at 6:30, was smashed after they worked on our lawn five feet from my car at 7:15). I live in a nice enough neighborhood where car windows don't get smashed in the middle of the day, so I am under the very reasonable assumption that they hit a rock with the lawnmower or weedwacker and shot it through my window.

The bill for the repair came to $270 and I called up the guy, he offered to pay for $200 of it. I accepted since it was a big chunk of the bill, I didn't want to make a big hassle of things, and he had seemed like a nice enough guy when I dealt with him in the past so I didn't want to bust his ass too badly over what was an accident. Now this morning he texts me and says that after talking to his crew he will only give me $100, seemingly unwilling to budge from that amount.

Now I'm thinking of going to small claims court to ask for the full amount because this asshole bailed on his word and our agreement. Anyone dealt with anything similar?

eznark

Banned
Completely off topic, but has anyone ever had a landscaper break a window of theirs?

I walked out to find my rear windshield completely shattered and the timeline certainly seems to indicate it was our landscaper (window was fine when my roommate left for work at 6:30, was smashed after they worked on our lawn five feet from my car at 7:15). I live in a nice enough neighborhood where car windows don't get smashed in the middle of the day, so I am under the very reasonable assumption that they hit a rock with the lawnmower or weedwacker and shot it through my window.

The bill for the repair came to $270 and I called up the guy, he offered to pay for $200 of it. I accepted since it was a big chunk of the bill, I didn't want to make a big hassle of things, and he had seemed like a nice enough guy when I dealt with him in the past so I didn't want to bust his ass too badly over what was an accident. Now this morning he texts me and says that after talking to his crew he will only give me $100, seemingly unwilling to budge from that amount.

Now I'm thinking of going to small claims court to ask for the full amount because this asshole bailed on his word and our agreement. Anyone dealt with anything similar?

Take the $100 and fire him. Definitely not worth any other hassle or losing sleep over it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
is it your landscaper or your neighborhoods? Might want to bring it up with your local overlords if the latter.

Ez is right though, no real cost effective way to recover that low of an amount.

oh, bitch at your landlord then, he might have more results talking to them directly.

Take him to small claims. He is obviously admitting fault

Small claims here is about $105 to file total and the judge will usually write in the court fees against the defendant as well. If nothing else, the threat will probably get him to pay up

eznark

Banned
Seems like something your landlord should deal with then. I cannot imagine $170 is going to be worth the small claims hassle though.

Sokantish

We should delay the start of the league until the announcement so we can see how long we need to delay the league for whatever they are going to announce.

BigAT

is it your landscaper or your neighborhoods? Might want to bring it up with your local overlords if the latter.

Ez is right though, no real cost effective way to recover that low of an amount.

oh, bitch at your landlord then, he might have more results talking to them directly.

Our landscaper. I already spoke with my landlord in order to get the landscaper's contact information, he seemed fairly laid back and non-committal about the whole thing.

At this point I'm more upset about this guy reneging on what we agreed to more than anything else.

LukeSmith

Our landscaper. I already spoke with my landlord in order to get the landscaper's contact information, he seemed fairly laid back and non-committal about the whole thing.

At this point I'm more upset about this guy reneging on what we agreed to more than anything else.

Aren't you 6'5, just beat the shit out of him

Rorschach

The fight would be more like me vs. four Mexicans armed with weedwackers. I lose my reach advantage when you can just shove a trimmer out in front of you.

Call immigration. Don't know why there are Mexicans on your lawn anyway. You shouldn't have to put up with that.

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'll scrimmage with you while you're waiting around tomorrow night wellie.

btw i will be creating the league early tomorrow morning assuming it's "up" so that everyone can sign in. we can't start until we have everyone signed in.

i PMed drizz a few days ago but got no response. we may have to have some "place holder" sign-ins so that we can actually start

p.s.

wiiU pre-order secured you filthy poors!

Splat

btw i will be creating the league early tomorrow morning assuming it's "up" so that everyone can sign in. we can't start until we have everyone signed in.

i PMed drizz a few days ago but got no response. we may have to have some "place holder" sign-ins so that we can actually start

p.s.

wiiU pre-order secured you filthy poors!

Did you pay for this one yourself, or did you get the wife to do it?

LJ11

GG LJ. I shouldn't even have been near pulling out a win at the end. You dominated me in every phase of the game.

Good game, always have difficulty running against you.

Seemed like you couldn't get a pass to receiver on time, so I felt fortunate in that respect. Your receiver was either a step too late or the pass was just ahead, really killed your drives. Had guys open it was just the timing.

Did get lucky on that pass to Steve, a half second more and it was a sack, just barely got it off.

LukeSmith

Fuck yeah, lets just wait til November and start the league on wiiu

Yeah, that's what I did with Darksiders 2! Waiting to buy it till I can get the same version, on a more expensive console with a worse controller.

I'm all in on WiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

eznark

Banned
Yeah, that's what I did with Darksiders 2! Waiting to buy it till I can get the same version, on a more expensive console with a worse controller.

I'm all in on WiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

My game is gonna be on 360 dont abandon me guys...guys come back!!

eznark

Banned
When I'm poor, you can just buy me Madden from your estate in Indiana and mail to my corner! Or FMT can send me a copy and use his company's mail to send it!

Can do but you have to buy your own WiiU. I dont do charity.

Does the wiiu have achievements or anything similar?

Top Bottom