• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

jergrah

Quick update on injuries -- since I mentioned the other day they werent sticking for us. You dont have to enable "Pre-Existing Injuries" for them to work. However, if any of the following happens from week to week, injuries will be wiped:

- Transfer commish
- Have a coach retire/rejoin (We had a couple people do this to change scheme)

So as long as no users join/drop/retire and the commish doesnt pass ownership it works. From Week 3 to Week 4 was the first time we had the full stability and the injuries stayed when we rolled this morning.

Splat

Remember to link dat Twitter shit up when you get it set up, FMT. Also, _everyone_ is creating a new coach, correct? Is Gameface still breaking shit to where we should avoid it?

Smokey

I've always wanted to get a version of NHL this gen, but always skip it. Sounds like this one's a blast.

It's pretty fun..a lot of it comes from the on the conversations and events that tend to happen when you give 6 people a mic

but the bob self dagger to the club was such a shining moment

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Remember to link dat Twitter shit up when you get it set up, FMT. Also, _everyone_ is creating a new coach, correct? Is Gameface still breaking shit to where we should avoid it?

it doesn't break anything, just doesn't work. You see your own face but everone else sees a black silllouette on the user team list or a coach that looks like brad childress on the top news stories pics.

Smokey

FUUUUUUUUUUU I completely forgot that B2 comes out on the 18th.......will preload later

Madden 13
NHL
Borderlands 2

I should be set until 2k

Who else is getting it on PC besides the following:

Me
eznark
Denog
Nightz
BigAt

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Quick update on injuries -- since I mentioned the other day they werent sticking for us. You dont have to enable "Pre-Existing Injuries" for them to work. However, if any of the following happens from week to week, injuries will be wiped:

- Transfer commish

So as long as no users join/drop/retire and the commish doesnt pass ownership it works. From Week 3 to Week 4 was the first time we had the full stability and the injuries stayed when we rolled this morning.
Ok so we can't transfer commish powers for advancing or anything until the offseason. Should be fine now that you can advance via text.

levious

some injuries can carry over from one season to the next I think (I've seen a 26 week injury so I assume it's possible).

how do you advance by text? I can't get the website to load on my phone.

Sokantish

wtf I got mine from GMG too, I got no key yet!

I didn't get my key either

"Distribution of keys began at 0200 UTC September 14th. Please do not be concerned if you do not receive your key immediately, it may be several hours or so before you receive your email. As this game is going to be awesome we've had many thousands of orders, and it will take some time for the system to work through them all."

ours are still in the mail probably

Mrbob

I have Borderlands 2 pre ordered on PC too. My SSD should be here from Amazon today, need to install before pre loading!

Smokey

:

Me
eznark
Denog
Nightz
BigAt
Pheeniks
Rors
Bob
Somnia

That's perfect. 8+ players will ensure that there is plenty of co-op to go around.

I have Borderlands 2 pre ordered on PC too. My SSD should be here from Amazon today, need to install before pre loading!

Download the Steam Mover or Steam Tool whatever it's called. Will let you move games back and forth between your HDD and SSD with one click.

rinse82

If it's between Dark Faze and I for first on the wait list, should we just get our game over with so the transition is seamless =)

Not saying anybody is going to get fired anytime soon or anything...

Splat

- Transfer commish

Did the previous injuries show up again, or just new ones?

levious

If it's between Dark Faze and I for first on the wait list, should we just get our game over with so the transition is seamless =)

Not saying anybody is going to get fired anytime soon or anything...

getting fired won't do it, you'll have to wait for someone to quit the league for a spot to open.

jergrah

some injuries can carry over from one season to the next I think (I've seen a 26 week injury so I assume it's possible).

how do you advance by text? I can't get the website to load on my phone.

Commish has to set Social Settings enabled to their phone and include a notify when all users are ready. But it wont send the text unless all 32 teams have hit "Ready To Advance". If they have, a txt will come that says "All users ready, to advance reply with ADVANCE11" or something.

You can also advance via the website, it's hidden way down in bottom right corner of screen, but it works no problem.

Did the previous injuries show up again, or just new ones?
Just new ones. So basically, change commish or whatever, everything disappears and its clean slate. Anything from that point forward sticks until a change happens again.

eznark

Banned
God damn it, I don't think I really played anything except Dota all summer now I have seemingly 40 games to play and FTL and Borderland 2 come out this week.

Fuck me, I need a vacation.

Top Bottom