• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

gg sok. it was close throughout the first half and then the avalanche of turnovers started. got burned on that TD early when i was trying to switch the play.... i should've just called a timeout when my CB got stuck behind the LB trying to move over :(

p.s.

blue i have a FF! it was recovered by the lions and they ran it in for a td!

Sokantish

gg FMT, I probably shouldn't have stopped running but I got frustrated with never being able to stop you on your drives so I just decided to throw it constantly, apparently that's a bad idea!

gg FMT, I probably shouldn't have stopped running but I got frustrated with never being able to stop you on your drives so I just decided to throw it constantly, apparently that's a bad idea!

i got some fortunate bounces of the ball quite a few times. the crabtree broken tackles, the missed INT at the end of the first half and the gore 30 yard TD run. i thought i had harvin pinned against the sideline on that deep throw but i guess not :(

bluemax

Banned
Peyton Manning continues to break the passer rating stuff with his 8/10 235 yards 3TDs 0 INTs.

4 QBs have already been sacked double digit times, with Freeman leading the way at 13. Of QBs with more than 10 attempts, only Drew Brees and Sam Bradford have yet to be sacked.

Only 3 RBs have more than 100 yards per game so far, and 1 of those has only played 1 game. Stevan Ridley owns seemingly every important mark in rushing right now.

Bernard Scott somehow gained a 4th fumble even though it says he's only played 1 game and he had 3 last week.

The top 5 players in receptions contains 3 WRs, 1 RB, 1 TE. The top 10 has 5 WR, 3 RB, 2 TE.

Percy Harvin has 16 more yards receiving than Megatron on half the catches. Guys Pete Carroll didn't want anymore have 5 touch downs receiving so far and over 300 yards receiving. For comparison the Seahawks only have 4 receiving TDs and no receivers with over 100 yards.

The league leader in tackles in PWilly with 15. He's also tied with JPP for TFL with 8. Tuck and JPP have combined for 11 of the Giants 17 sacks.

David Akers now has the longest FG of the season at 56 yards. 3 kickers still have 0 FG attempts. Jay Feely is 0 for 2.

Livewire leads the league in punts inside the 20. He's second in number of times punted behind the Jags. FMT has only punted once.

Leon Washington should probably start calling for more fair catches. He's the only returner with over 5 returns and a single digit average.

Splat

gg mcneily, very back and forth game. I enjoyed when I had tate break open deep and after he saw the ball in the air he just turned back downfield and let it hit him in the back, lol. CCM needs replays wtf :(

McNei1y

i secretly switch off of alex smith before the snap and i just block for the AI. hasn't failed me yet!

Teach me your ways.

It's just uncool with all of these fumbles. Then balls I think that thread the gap get picked off. Luckily it's only 3 games in but I hate having to wait for my next game after a loss like that.

Plus my biggest problem on defense is defending TE's and third downs. Saints, Rams, and Bengals have killed me with their tight ends.

edit: lol I'm even fumbling in practice!

Splat

Teach me your ways.

It's just uncool with all of these fumbles. Then balls I think that thread the gap get picked off. Luckily it's only 3 games in but I hate having to wait for my next game after a loss like that.

Plus my biggest problem on defense is defending TE's and third downs. Saints, Rams, and Bengals have killed me with their tight ends.

Gresham went off, yea, especially that 2nd TD where he refused to go down. First one seemed just like a blown coverage, though.

McNei1y

Yea the first TD, he was wide open. Merriweather should've been there, though, since that was his zone. Ah well.

Edit: At least I play DCX next week... it'll be an interception fest.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Guess we'll play it again later. I can almost guarantee one of my guys will go down for the year or something in take 2

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

edit: lol I'm even fumbling in practice!
No offense but i saw on most passing plays that you manually covered the TE so I just went right after you. I don't know if everyone else is doing the same thing. Also, on the 54 harder to Amendola I believe it was a zone call and you vacated the spot where I hit Amendola, he just kept running after that.

If you hammer out your coverage issue your D should be fine. Couldn't run a lick on you.

However, if you want to keep losing im ok with that. You still have 4 games with AT and CB, a game with Ram and a game with DM left. Toughest remaining schedule IMO. :)

eznark

Banned
Eznark, when do you want to do Monday Night Football?

As soon as I finish Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, get to pro level in NHL and hit cap in GW2.

But since none of those are happening, how does 9pm work? In business time, not stupid fucking hippy time.

McNei1y

No offense but i saw on most passing plays that you manually covered the TE so I just went right after you. I don't know if everyone else is doing the same thing. Also, on the 54 harder to Amendola I believe it was a zone call and you vacated the spot where I hit Amendola, he just kept running after that.

If you hammer out your coverage issue your D should be fine. Couldn't run a lick on you.

However, if you want to keep losing im ok with that. You still have 4 games with AT and CB, a game with Ram and a game with DM left. Toughest remaining schedule IMO. :)

But t hasn't been an issue for me all year up until ccm started. Winslow just didn't want go down on most of his catches. I even knew the ball was going to him on a couple of flat dump passes but to no prevail, he catches and trucks.

rinse82

Silver lining is that my defense was on point against Smokey after making Ponder look like Joe Montana in week 1. It was 3-0 through 3 quarters before I gave up two late TD's to Foster. Still, 20-0 is 20-0. I should've had a little faith in Scobee but balked at taking a couple of 50 yard field goals. Defense was keeping me in the game so I kept punting.

Picked off Schaub 4 times and ended up with great field position but still couldn't do a lick on offense.

Then again, Smokey isn't really an offensive juggernaut so I don't know what to think. He has some beastly defense though.

eznark

Banned
Reading those bluemax posts is awesome but also depressing. Same thing as last year. I'm awful but never awful enough that my stats are crazy outliers. I get beat by 17 or so in every game, which isn't terribly remarkable and if I don't have a billion turnovers my offensive stats are generally blech. I think I need to just start chucking the ball deep.

/maddenlivejournal

Smokey

Silver lining is that my defense was on point against Smokey after making Ponder look like Joe Montana in week 1. It was 3-0 through 3 quarters before I gave up two late TD's to Foster. Still, 20-0 is 20-0. I should've had a little faith in Scobee but balked at taking a couple of 50 yard field goals. Defense was keeping me in the game so I kept punting.

Picked off Schaub 4 times and ended up with great field position but still couldn't do a lick on offense.

Then again, Smokey isn't really an offensive juggernaut so I don't know what to think. He has some beastly defense though.

Normally if somebody runs off at the mouth slandering my name I'm goin in on dat ass HOWEVER in this case...

In CCM I can't do anything on offense and I dunno what it is. The game feels faster or something at least to me. I don't know if its that scheme crap or what but it ain't been pretty.

rinse82

Normally if somebody runs off at the mouth slandering my name I'm goin in on dat ass HOWEVER in this case...

In CCM I can't do anything on offense and I dunno what it is. The game feels faster or something at least to me. I don't know if its that scheme crap or what but it ain't been pretty.

No slander bro! Was just going by your 30th ranked offense (after 1 game!) going into week 2 =)

But yeah, something definitely feels weird. That or Vince Young is my QB.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
But t hasn't been an issue for me all year up until ccm started. Winslow just didn't want go down on most of his catches. I even knew the ball was going to him on a couple of flat dump passes but to no prevail, he catches and trucks.

I don't know what to say then. I wish I could have saved the replay of the monster stiff arm he laid on your defender to plant him and complete the long TD catch and run.

Okay, post week 2 stats and notes

The Rams have the most porous secondary with 533 yards allowed so far.

I am currently 29th in total defense. It's very easily the worst defense I have ever had in my entire Madden career. I expect Bob to tear them up as well. I just don't have the horse power, I need at least one other corner and to replace both safeties.

4 QBs have already been sacked double digit times, with Freeman leading the way at 13. Of QBs with more than 10 attempts, only Drew Brees and Sam Bradford have yet to be sacked.

That is the most amazing stat in all of the league, I thought I took at least a couple of sacks. My OL is horrendous.

McNei1y

I don't know what to say then. I wish I could have saved the replay of the monster stiff arm he laid on your defender to plant him and complete the long TD catch and run.

You don't have to say anything. I'm not saying it's bullshit or the game's cheating me. I just wish I had this problem in the community games so I could've worked on it there rather than during the season.

Smokey

So the space shuttle just flew over my office and was clearly visible on top of a huge NASA jumbo jet with a fighter jet next to it. Didn't know wtf it was..was about to start panicing lol

LukeSmith

I'm EST;

I'll be able to play after 10pm EST between tonight and Friday. Preferably not much later than that as I get up for work at 5:30am everyday.

Looks like we won't be able to go till Friday at 10 p.m. then, because I'm at work till long after you've began your slumber!

Top Bottom