• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

McNei1y

Is there league info available in connected careers? The only thing I can find are division standings.

Edit: That asshole Urlacher rejected my offer and wants to go to FA after one week of negotiations? Fuck him and the extra child support money he wants but won't use on his kids anyway!

Yea it seems you only get one chance.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Is there league info available in connected careers? The only thing I can find are division standings.

Edit: That asshole Urlacher rejected my offer and wants to go to FA after one week of negotiations? Fuck him and the extra child support money he wants but won't use on his kids anyway!

You probably low balled the fuck outta him

Mrbob

Forte wants to continue negotiations, though!

<3 Forte. I better get this deal done with him. Time to draft a new MLB this off season.

Edit: Urlacher wanted 9 million bucks a year in a 4 year deal. Wtf. I think I offered him 4 and 8 million per year. 9 million a year gtfo but I'm sure some gm will give that money to him!

rinse82

Daryl Smith didn't wanna re-up with the Jags either, gave him a reasonable offer. Dude thinks I'm going to pay him $9M/year past age 34? C'mon man.

daw840

Or it gets simmed

So the guy who can't play his games, there's really no reason for him to sweat it:

"I can't make my game, have fun on CPU All-Madden or good luck in the sim."

As they say in eznark's part of the world, "That dog ain't gonna hunt"

I'll put him on auto pilot and you can play the cpu

Have fun against All-Madden CPU Birdles, what a great deal for you!

Look, if I can find time tomorrow to play I will, but I've been in OKC for 4 months now and am finally moving back. Once I get back home there is no time in the foreseeable future that I will have this issue. It's just today and tomorrow are pretty much fucked for me. If we had the regular Wednesday Sunday advances it would have been just fine!

LukeSmith

Look, if I can find time tomorrow to play I will, but I've been in OKC for 4 months now and am finally moving back. Once I get back home there is no time in the foreseeable future that I will have this issue. It's just today and tomorrow are pretty much fucked for me. If we had the regular Wednesday Sunday advances it would have been just fine!

This isn't about you, Daw. It's about FMT!

Daw raises a good point however.

We need to get on Wednesday/Sunday immediately because it allows all games to be played on the weekend, which is a key trait to the league.

daw840

This isn't about you, Daw. It's about FMT!

Daw raises a good point however.

We need to get on Wednesday/Sunday immediately because it allows all games to be played on the weekend, which is a key trait to the league.

Agreed! I thought that was how this was supposed to be...

LukeSmith

Wednesday/Sunday was always a pipe dream. Some weeks are going to go sooner than others.

It needs to be consistent for the people who aren't shut-in hermits.

Take a guy like Rinse, when the fuck is he supposed to get his games done? Dude gets up at 5:30 a.m. to educate children on the east coast and has to go to bed early, fatigued from grading tests and chasing special needs 4th graders around.

Predictability > sporadic advances.

LukeSmith

sporadic advances pls

I know your life is pretty busy and hard to plan around

stouffers_home.jpg

McNei1y

I know your life is pretty busy and hard to plan around

stouffers_home.jpg

It is!

In two weeks I'll have to start waking up at 5:30 am EST as well and go to sleep at 10-11pm EST ish but I still want it to stay sporadic like it is. We get in more seasons and I get to play more football a week.

rinse82

It needs to be consistent for the people who aren't shut-in hermits.

Take a guy like Rinse, when the fuck is he supposed to get his games done? Dude gets up at 5:30 a.m. to educate children on the east coast and has to go to bed early, fatigued from grading tests and chasing special needs 4th graders around.

Predictability > sporadic advances.

Yezzir.

Weekends are no issue for me, 90% of my weekly gaming takes place then. For now I'll make do and get the games in to the best of my ability.

GCQuinton

I'm for being sporadically consistent, meaning we advance as fast as the games are played but there's always a definitive amount of time people know they have to play. Keeping it locked at two days for the expense of one or two people's situations (aka the "I have a life!" defense) doesn't serve in the best interests the other 30 if they're knocking their games out fast. There's ALWAYS gonna be something that comes up for somebody, even on the weekends.

It doesn't matter to me but most people wanted 3 days last year which is why I changed it. So if the majority wants to go back to 2 times advance per week then whateva!

TheCrow

I'm for being sporadically consistent, meaning we advance as fast as the games are played but there's always a definitive amount of time people know they have to play. Keeping it locked at two days for the expense of one or two people's situations (aka the "I have a life!" defense) doesn't serve in the best interests the other 30 if they're knocking their games out fast. There's ALWAYS gonna be something that comes up for somebody, even on the weekends.

Plus the OP clearly stated the schedule and no one raised any issues.

McNei1y

Agreed.

So if say, Week 1 starts on a Monday and is supposed to advance on a Thursday, but everyone gets their games in by Tuesday, then we should advance to Week 2 and expect Week 3 to start Friday.

daw840

Look, I'm not pushing for a different schedule but these next two days are absolute hell for me. I'm at the end of the first phase of my training for Air Traffic Control and I took 2 finals today and have to take 1 tomorrow. After that everything is fine and I am good with the schedule how it is honestly. After the first month I'll have a crazy schedule anyways in regards to what hours I work so there will be time available each day, just at different times.

McNei1y

Look, I'm not pushing for a different schedule but these next two days are absolute hell for me. I'm at the end of the first phase of my training for Air Traffic Control and I took 2 finals today and have to take 1 tomorrow. After that everything is fine and I am good with the schedule how it is honestly. After the first month I'll have a crazy schedule anyways in regards to what hours I work so there will be time available each day, just at different times.

I'm not sure anyone's saying you don't have time to play or anything. Everyone will have schedule problems at some point. Just have whoever play the CPU or something.

Birdman02

Birds, if you're around within the next 1-1.5 hours then we can go. Otherwise it's getting packed up.

Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen. Still got a lot of stuff to do before I go home.

Also, I'm definitely in favor of the Wednesday/Sunday schedule, but I understand why most people don't want it that way.

daw840

Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen. Still got a lot of stuff to do before I go home.

Also, I'm definitely in favor of the Wednesday/Sunday schedule, but I understand why most people don't want it that way.

Damn...well alright then, sorry. I was looking forward to this matchup. I guess if all of the games aren't played we might still get a chance on Saturday?

its a no win situation for me. either i set it as vance on wednesday/sunday and then i have 75% of the league saying "WTF HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I LAST PLAYED A GAME I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER!" or its every 3 days and 25% say "I HAVE A LIFE ASSHOLE!"

the tricker part comes in that if it is a wednesday/sunday, and lets say everyone gets done on friday, then i advance the league and the next advance date is wednesday.... so if someone decided they couldn't play till wednesday, that is 6 days between games.

McNei1y

Another good thing about Madden this year is that if you're way out of contention and its like the 15th week, playing the final weeks doesn't feel like a chore. You can still benefit from the games by getting extra XP to progress your players and such!

its a no win situation for me. either i set it as vance on wednesday/sunday and then i have 75% of the league saying "WTF HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN SINCE I LAST PLAYED A GAME I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER!" or its every 3 days and 25% say "I HAVE A LIFE ASSHOLE!"

the tricker part comes in that if it is a wednesday/sunday, and lets say everyone gets done on friday, then i advance the league and the next advance date is wednesday.... so if someone decided they couldn't play till wednesday, that is 6 days between games.

And IMO that's a big problem. I feel like a 3 day advance period with immediate advancing has been fine for the past years.

Birdman02

Damn...well alright then, sorry. I was looking forward to this matchup. I guess if all of the games aren't played we might still get a chance on Saturday?

I think the scheduled advance is Friday, so I'll probably end up having to play the CPU. I'd much rather face a human opponent, but I guess there's nothing we can do about that.

DCX

DCX

Daw said his situation is extreme. It happens to some of us. We all signed up for what it is, and we roll with it. Those with kids, family, jobs, hunting, smoking etc.

DCX

LukeSmith

Drizzler you want the Colts?

Also, everyone in the league just play 2 man. It's the best defense in the game this year. Mix it up against Rors, but against everyone else, 2-man.

1130cutler.jpg

GCQuinton

"The needs of the many...."

For that 25% that pull the "I have a life!" card, there's this wonderful option called "Offline Career" they should try out. They knew what they signed up for playing in an online league. For the other part, here's another idea: why not just have the OP act as our "North Star" and update that as we advance so they don't have to wade through pages of posts to know when we advance.

In daw's case, it's not even that extreme. Under a three day advance scenario he'd have until Friday to play.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm for going Wednesday/Sunday. I forgot who I was telling last night but I've been lucky that my work has been slow for the last week or I wouldn't have been able to keep up.

It's ESPECIALLY painful playing the west coasters, or guys that are tough to get hold of. My schedule is what Luke is making fun of - up at 5 AM, home at 5:30, asleep hopefully by 11. I feel I bend my schedule and it sucks having to go way outside of what I can do and it sucks MORE having to do it for guys that are seemingly unwilling to bend too or who just don't give a fuck about wasting your time. I feel THOSE guys should be removed from the league before guys like Daw should be forced to quit because they can't meet the schedule.

I don't think the Wednesday/Sunday thing is that bad, what's bad about it are guys like Bob and Smokey who intentionally (or seemingly so) used to wait until the last day.

McNei1y

I feel I bend my schedule and it sucks having to go way outside of what I can do and it sucks MORE having to do it for guys that are seemingly unwilling to bend too or who just don't give a fuck about wasting your time. I feel THOSE guys should be removed from the league before guys like Daw should be forced to quit because they can't meet the schedule.

This is a bit extreme. No one said to remove you guys. It's an online league and it's been the same schedule for what feels like 2 years now and it seems that it's been working.

Top Bottom