• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Mrbob

I agree about the worst coaster part. They get pissed when you don't want to play a game at 12am/1am when they can't play till 10PM Pacific.

However I haven't had as much of an issue lately. You just remind them I live in midwestbest and they'll try to play earlier in the night.

Edit: Dat Luke salt. Pass 90 percent of the time and complain about me sitting in Cover 2.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
This is a bit extreme. No one said to remove you guys. It's an online league and it's been the same schedule for what feels like 2 years now and it seems that it's been working.

It isn't extreme, just scroll up to people asking us to play offline CCM instead.

It's been this current schedule for less than one year.

Edit: I don't mean to come across as harsh as it does, btw. Just venting.

LukeSmith

Rinse, I guess you need to post exactly when you can play our game with your schedule so that I can see if it's even going to work this week.

Because we have till Friday and I don't trust FMT to sim it with injuries off or for anything.

It's not salt, 2-man under is the best base defense in the game this year. I want everyone to run it.
I'm just playing 4-6 2-man for the rest of the year. I'm being transparent!

It isn't extreme, just scroll up to people asking us to play offline CCM instead.

Yep!

McNei1y

It isn't extreme, just scroll up.

Sure, FMT says it was a three day advance last year but for the past two years, it's been like this. We've finished a whole season in about a month and a half for the past 6-7 seasons.

Somnia

I vote weds/sunday also. I say if it gets out of hand though like multiple 6 day waits because of Bob, for new weeks, then we revert back.

rinse82

Rinse, I guess you need to post exactly when you can play our game with your schedule so that I can see if it's even going to work this week.

Because we have till Friday and I don't trust FMT to sim it with injuries off or for anything.

It's not salt, 2-man under is the best base defense in the game this year. I want everyone to run it.

I'm just playing 4-6 2-man for the rest of the year. I'm being transparent!

I might (50/50) be on after 10pm EST tonight, I will shoot you a PM if I get on.

Tomorrow, same thing.

Either tonight or tomorrow we'll get our game in, 100%

LukeSmith

I might (50/50) be on after 10pm EST tonight, I will shoot you a PM if I get on.

Tomorrow, same thing.

Either tonight or tomorrow we'll get our game in, 100%

Just sim our game, there's no way we're playing this week. I work 8a.m.-late every night this week, excepting Friday. You work early.
We're orange juice and milk.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
patience is a lot to ask from a league that advanced on two holiday weekends last year!

That being said, I have a radical idea, let's commit to play more than three fucking seasons so someone getting skipped doesn't mean much.

DCX

DCX
patience is a lot to ask from a league that advanced on two holiday weekends last year!

That being said, I have a radical idea, let's commit to play more than three fucking seasons so someone getting skipped doesn't mean much.

we played like 5 full and a 6th partial in Madden 10. I don't see how this won't match if not surpass it.

The only way we get there is advancing as soon as games are played and running a 3 day..maybe 4 day advanced schedule for optimum length of franchise.

DCX

eznark

Banned
I vote Wednesday/Sunday. This week has probably been an anomaly for me, no way am i going to be able to play madden every night.

Trasher

Thrasher when can you play?

I'm at work for another 2 and a half hours. So probably 3 hours from now.

Wednesday/Sunday is probably best. The only reason we did the sporadic advancing was because it was the last season wasn't it? People were dropping like flies and shit.

Ferny

Honestly, I side with Wellington and Luke on this one. I'm not saying I'm against what we have now because I can make it work just as we all have been doing. It's tough when you are playing certain people who may be on the West Coast and have to play on their time basically. I have a similar schedule where I work at 6:30 am and get home at 6:30 pm so I don't always want to play a game of Madden at 11:30 pm - 12 am on a weekday. Especially when the next person want's to play their game right the next day and rightfully so since they may have been waiting a day or so to play.

An example (and im not saying it was your fault at all Ram) but I waited till 12 am for Ram that one night, was ready to go at 7 the next night but things out of his control happened and then we got going at 11:30pm the next night.

Drizzler you want the Colts?

Also, everyone in the league just play 2 man. It's the best defense in the game this year. Mix it up against Rors, but against everyone else, 2-man.

1130cutler.jpg

oh god i love when people play 2 deep man coverage against VD and moss

lol you aren't having to play every night, not sure where that's coming from. the league advanced last night around 8pm or so. so you have all of today, all of tomorrow, and basically all of friday. i get that people have busy schedules, but people have busy schedules on the weekend too

in some cases i sympathize (daws case obviously) in others i dont (dota2 crew from last year). i don't feel a strong preference either way. obviously i prefer to play the 3 day advancement period because i always play immediately but i'm not horribly against wednesday/sunday if that is what everyone wants

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
oh god i love when people play 2 deep man coverage against VD and moss

Can we just make one big arcing post for you so you'll shut up about your team?

Oh God i love when *Blank* plays/runs *Blank* against *Some overrated AI member of the 49ers*

I just summed up your last 200 posts in this thread

eznark

Banned
You know i cant deal with peer pressure FMT. Im delicate!
tough titties eznark, go play offline franchise

Fuck dude give me an excuse!

Also, sok threatened to cut me last night and it was the most pleasant death threat i have ever received. You should provoke him, its wonderful!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Also, sok threatened to cut me last night and it was the most pleasant death threat i have ever received. You should provoke him, its wonderful!

Actually that was me. Unless you received two threats in one night. Which is probably plausible.

LJ11

Good game storybook, tough break with Richardson, didn't even get hit hard. Hope he's not out too long.

Got lucky with two throws early in the game, both to the TE, both could've been intercepted. Pass to Chad Johnson was a mess as well but I'm going to blame lag, first quarter was pretty choppy.

I just lost T-Rich for 6 fucking weeks to a broken collarbone, thanks LJ! I'm going to go sob and play NHL now.

Sorry bud, I don't even hit stick often, had one that entire game.

eznark

Banned
Good game storybook, tough break with Richardson, didn't even get hit hard. Hope he's not out too long.

Got lucky with two throws early in the game, both to the TE, both could've been intercepted. Pass to Chad Johnson was a mess as well but I'm going to blame lag, first quarter was pretty choppy.

Lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah but i scored like 35 points on you! also 2 deep man is great for my run game. keep 6 or 7 in the box ladies, makes it very easy for me to stay at the top of rushing in the league.

nah, I won like 21-20 or something. It was the game you had all but won late and then let me drive like 60 yards for a field goal with like 50 seconds left when your secondary shit the bed.

Somnia

I'm at work for another 2 and a half hours. So probably 3 hours from now.

Wednesday/Sunday is probably best. The only reason we did the sporadic advancing was because it was the last season wasn't it? People were dropping like flies and shit.

Let's say 10pm cst or so?

Mrbob

Did you make it to Sanctuary yet? If he isn't showing up in the snow world, wait till Sanctuary and he (and claptrap) should pop back again.

What level are you?

(no i havent done that yet, only 7)

level 8. it's an easy mission, you just have to get the health low on those gorilla things and melee them to death and you get their fur but it just seems like the game glitched out or something and i can't complete the mission. oh well, the guns will probably be obsolete in a couple hours playtime anyways

BigAT

lolololllllllll

also, has anyone played the "bad hair day" side mission in borderlands 2? i collected all the stuff and it gives me the option to take it to clap trap for a shot gun OR take it to the other dude for a sniper rifle but i can't find either one of them! i go to each of their hideouts and they're nowhere to be found. anyone had this issue? :(

The half robot dude is in the next main town (Sanctuary). I found Claptrap there as well, but I haven't been able to turn it in to him yet for some reason.

Mrbob

The Sniper Rifle you get from him is halfway decent. I used for awhile until I found a better one with elemental damage added to the attack.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The only way we get there is advancing as soon as games are played and running a 3 day..maybe 4 day advanced schedule for optimum length of franchise.

DCX

So you're saying maybe what would be best is 3 days followed by 4 then alternate? Like Wednesday/Sunday?

Tell me more!

*Writes down things in notebook*

Worst part about being in the same division is that we can't compare notes like we normally would. :(

also, as for 2 deep man as a base defense, whose base defense isn't that? in general that is what i have always started out with since forever. the way you get someone out of that defense is to run the ball and force them to bring some pressure.

but what do i know, i'm playing with an overrated team.... actually i don't really play, i ask madden every time on offense and defense and set the controller down

DCX

DCX
So you're saying maybe what would be best is 3 days followed by 4 then alternate? Like Wednesday/Sunday?

Worst part about being in the same division is that we can't compare notes like we normally would. :(
Maybe that would work. Advance as soon as the games are done and reset the timer. These quick advances wont last long. Holidays are around the corner.

DCX

Mrbob

also, as for 2 deep man as a base defense, whose base defense isn't that? in general that is what i have always started out with since forever. the way you get someone out of that defense is to run the ball and force them to bring some pressure.

but what do i know, i'm playing with an overrated team.... actually i don't really play, i ask madden every time on offense and defense and set the controller down

Or in the Niners case you don't even have to worry about it because your overrated AI players will still make run stops sitting back in pass coverage. You also get the bonus cheese benefit of dropping another linebacker into short zone coverage running your 3-4.

McNei1y

For the record, I'm not necessarily against Wednesday/Sunday but what does an extra day guarantee? If you normally can't play at night, or have a busy schedule, what will another day in advance add? The only thing I can see is that you get an extra day to clear up your schedule but I feel like the schedule we have now is set up just like that.

I know my schedule is very light comparing to a lot of yours but I'm going to be having a busy work schedule starting two weeks from now. But after that, I have no problem in dedicated an hour of my free time to Madden. I just want to be able to play Madden online in a great franchise and I want to play fairly often. I hate playing the CPU and I stopped playing in one of my friends leagues because it was just 4 people playing the CPU every week. IMO, 2 games a week is really slow and painful, especially when I'm not too good. Whenever I lose, I want to get at my next game immediately.

If it's the best for the league, then change it, but what we currently have is where I stand.

Top Bottom