• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Somnia

and-here-we-go-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1271_zps75f3e4df.gif

bluemax wtf dude? you put us in an awkward position because you are a good league member, get your games in on time and do a lot of cool stat stuff but then you do shit like this. i get that the game was lagging and the cookie wasn't crumbling the way you wanted it to but people don't have infinite time to play their games. to borrow from my boy storybook, people have lives and all joking aside taking an hour or so out of a busy schedule is sometimes a hard thing to do. so when you make someone play the game, whether its laggy, whether you're getting shit on by the madden gods or whatever, and then obviously disconnect at the end if makes for a complete bullshit situation.

and you pulling the plug at the very end of the game and saying "GO FUCK YOURSELF AND PLAY THE CPU" is just rubbing someones nose in shit. if you want to disconnect in the first quarter and say fuck it sim it, then fine. but dont waste someones time just to rage at the end. now i want to hear your side of the story but lets be honest this isn't your first time pulling stuff like this.

Smokey

I don't think the Wednesday/Sunday thing is that bad, what's bad about it are guys like Bob and Smokey who intentionally (or seemingly so) used to wait until the last day.

What the fuck is this? I got a life and have to work just like you do don't come at me with this BS. I'm around here all the time so for you to put me with fucking Bob who intentionally did dumb shit or watch TV shows is fucked up but whatever.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont think smokey ever intentionally waited to the last day. He may be a pussy in 2k because he lost his skills but he doesnt do that in actual league games.

Id agree with you on Bob

LJ11

Question about Free Agent negotiations. There's really no negotiating it seems, or maybe I'm missing something.

"Desired" amount is listed but I think that's the club's preference and not the players. Player didn't counter with an offer, just that he wants more money or walks. So am I just going to have to up it without really knowing what he wants. Is this the norm, or does it vary?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bluemax is having his punishment decided by FMT and Luke. He wont be booted.

In an effort to be more transparent this season, I voted to kick you out, Bluemax. This isnt your first rodeo. Your last incident wasnt even that long ago. And it actually kind of sucks, because like ive said before i like alot of things that you do outside of these issues. Ive especially enjoyed your stat and fact analysis every week. That takes a time and effort that is admirable. But you keep having these anger issues for no good reason. Quitting on someone because of something like lag is especially bad. Its one thing to discover that in the first minute or so and quit out. Its a very different thing to do it at the end and waste a hour of someones valuable time. It shows an incredible amount of disrespect that i find especially disgusting in midst of the scheduling and advancing talks happening right now.

Thats all just my opinion, of course! Though id almost guarantee it wont be a discussion if it happens again.

Ferny

I'm sure Wellington remembers our stupid Lagfest 2012 game and that was lagging from beginning to end. He was pissed off but he never did quit, he took the lag like a champ. Both raged afterwards but hey no time was wasted and we're still bros. #ILOVEYOUMAN

Best believe though if it was in the 4th and he quit or I quit, there would have been hell to pay. That's that shit I don't like.

Rorschach

Question about Free Agent negotiations. There's really no negotiating it seems, or maybe I'm missing something.

"Desired" amount is listed but I think that's the club's preference and not the players. Player didn't counter with an offer, just that he wants more money or walks. So am I just going to have to up it without really knowing what he wants. Is this the norm, or does it vary?

It varies. 1 of my guys said "cool" to stock offer. One of them said he was fine with below offer. 1 asked me to keep upping the price and I did so reluctantly (love you, Branch!). The rest blew me off like I ain't shit! I offered that scrub Mitchell way more than he deserved, but he wants superstar money. Oh well, bitch, good luck in FA where players twice your caliber will undercut your price! I don't even play that bitch anymore. No snaps!

I suppose that makes sense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Bob BUT.

WellingtonGAF 10:59 pm
did you feel the blitzes were effective?

MrBob 10:59 pm
stopping your run yeah
i was gettting in your backfield
you should have kept running on me though
in the 4th
i was playing back

WellingtonGAF 10:59 pm
i tried dude

MrBob 10:59 pm
i gave up too many damn yards on that one drive
playing conservative on d

WellingtonGAF 11:00 pm
after that I ran a couple more times
and I couldnt do anything

MrBob 11:00 pm
all on the ground

WellingtonGAF 11:00 pm
it's like when FMT says you should run more
but you're down 3 scores with 4 minutes left in the fourth

I fucking can't stand when you guys say this shit. I wish I were the most run heavy team in the league, but I can't be!

Five picks did me in. The Bears secondary was just abusive. Guys literally sped up at will to make up 5 yards. I wish I could save replays.

Rorschach

You have a decent RB, so people think you should run. They don't realize you can't do that with a shit OL. Especially against a power team like the 9ers or an overrated team like the Bears. I've been there, bro. Air that bitch out!

You have a decent RB, so people think you should run. They don't realize you can't do that with a shit OL. Especially against a power team like the 9ers or an overrated team like the Bears. I've been there, bro. Air that bitch out!

I know that feel all too well. I tried my best to do it with S-Jax when I had them, had some success but mostly just 2-3 yards per rush.

I was having more success with T-Rich until LJ decided to break his collarbone.

Rorschach

Wouldn't let me in to eznark's game. :(

I know that feel all too well. I tried my best to do it with S-Jax when I had them, had some success but mostly just 2-3 yards per rush.

Collarbones are like rules. They're meant to be broken!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Running hates me in CCM. I've fumbled at least once per game lol

What's more aggravating is that I was steamrolling everyone in community games. I also completely demolish the AI on the ground in practice. I mean I have played the Lions overrated DL, the Skins, and the Bears all with tough in game Ds. Maybe that means something.

I think I turned Laurinaitis into the best LB I've had across any of our leagues, and considering I had progressed Maualuga last year (99 TAK, 99 PUR, 99 POW) last year, that is a strong statement. Another great game for him, 9 tackles and a sack.

I unfortunately gave Bob the DPOW, D. Moore, 3 picks and a TD.

BigAT

Yeah, I've had real trouble getting a decent running game going this year. I don't have a great O-line, or even a good one really, but I still have been able to run pretty well in the past. Seems like Bradshaw just gets to the line and goes into ragdoll mode.

McNei1y

Yeah, I've had real trouble getting a decent running game going this year. I don't have a great O-line, or even a good one really, but I still have been able to run pretty well in the past. Seems like Bradshaw just gets to the line and goes into ragdoll mode.

I can't run up the middle. If I do I either: A) run into a lineman and fall down B) get blitzed that same play or C) fumble!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm sure Wellington remembers our stupid Lagfest 2012 game and that was lagging from beginning to end. He was pissed off but he never did quit, he took the lag like a champ. Both raged afterwards but hey no time was wasted and we're still bros. #ILOVEYOUMAN

Best believe though if it was in the 4th and he quit or I quit, there would have been hell to pay. That's that shit I don't like.

Yeah. I mean I didn't handle it the best way either tho. :\

LJ11

It varies. 1 of my guys said "cool" to stock offer. One of them said he was fine with below offer. 1 asked me to keep upping the price and I did so reluctantly (love you, Branch!). The rest blew me off like I ain't shit! I offered that scrub Mitchell way more than he deserved, but he wants superstar money. Oh well, bitch, good luck in FA where players twice your caliber will undercut your price! I don't even play that bitch anymore. No snaps!

I suppose that makes sense.

Thanks dude.

I upped my offer, well the bonus money anyway. Hope he doesn't bail next week, I'll throw more than a controller at my xbox, lol.

Top Bottom