• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Nightz

The Official Lack for Zack Sweepstakes Version 1.0

1. Tennessee Titans -78 point differential 20th Offense 32nd Defense 32nd in Turnovers
The Titans offense hasn't done the defense many favors, but still that defensive rating is atrocious. The linebacking core is pretty young, so possible upgrades would likely come at defensive end, corner or strong safety.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars -129 point differential 31st Offense 28th Defense 31st in Turnovers
Vince Young and Blaine Gabbert have combined for 18 INTs, the worst mark in the league through 4 games. The Jaguars clearly need a lot of help, but starting QB might be one of the most obvious spots in need of change.

3. Arizona Cardinals -68 point differential 18th Offense 20th Defense 27th in Turnovers
Jon Skelton and Matt Leinart have been sacked a combined 27 times, which makes the Cards slightly below league average offense pretty amazing. Just think what they could do if they had time to make better decisions! Bobby Massie must go!

4. New York Jets -94 point differential 28th Offense 24th Defense 28th in Turnovers
The Jets are averaging an NFL worst 7.5 points per game. They have scored 3 TDs through 4 games. Shonn Greene is averaging nearly 5 yards per carry! Santonio Holmes is averaging 80 yards per game receiving! Sanchez and Tebow are completing less than 50% of their passes!

5. Washington Redskins -60 point differential 11th Offense 27th Defense 31st in Turnovers
If RG3 learns to stop throwing picks, and they somehow discover how to play defense, the Redskins might be decent! The Skins have 3 really good MLBers and 0 good defensive ends, maybe they should consider a change!

6. Minnesota Vikings -11 point differential 2nd Offense 30th Defense 25th in Turnovers
Ponder and Percy are perfectly preposterous in purple. Well except for all those interceptions. Still I don't think the Vikings will be looking to add Randolph.

7. Carolina Panthers -16 point differential 25th Offense 22nd Defense 18th in Turnovers
The Panthers aren't as turnover prone as other teams in the bottom 10, so why are they down here? Two tough opening games against divisional foes really skewed things. The offense has played better the last two weeks, now they just need the defense to pick up a little.

8. Dallas Cowboys -31 point differential 23rd Offense 4th Defense 24th in Turnovers
The Cowboys have scored the third fewest points in the NFL so far. A lot of that is on Tony Romo and his 59.7 passer rating, but DeMarco Murray's 44 yards per game on the ground aren't getting it done either. Its worth nothing that Romo's TD to INT ratio is 4 to 5 when he plays teams that aren't the New York Giants and the Cowboys are scoring 15.6 points per game against non Giants opponents. The lesson, small sample sizes can be misleading!

9. San Diego Chargers -51 point differential 14th Offense 27th in Defense 17th in Turnovers
In the Chargers 3 losses they have allowed over 30 points, over 100 yards on the ground and have turned the ball over an average of 5 times. Rivers isn't going anywhere, so maybe addressing the run D should be a priority?

10. Cleveland Browns -54 point differential 30th in Offense 20th in Defense 26th in Turnovers
Brandon Weeden has one of the worst QB ratings in the league. He's completing under 50% of his passes, has been sacked 11 times and is only getting 5.9 yards per pass attempt. Trent Richardson is one of the few RBs in the league getting over 100 yards per game on the ground. Just think how much better he'd do if his team had any semblance of a passing attack!

Okay, that's all for now as its kind of pain trying to adjust the offense and defense rankings to take into account the 3 or so games that have been played already. I'll do this again after week 8. I will say the most obvious link between all these teams is turnovers. Only one team in the league has a losing record and a positive turnover differential.

I'm aiming for that top pick!

Mrbob

Mrbob are you on the east coast?

I might not have time to play until thurs/fri

Might have some time tonight but won't know till later

Close, central time. I can play 9 central or after thurs night. Friday Ill be gone till later at night past Vance time.

TheCrow

I have a couple WRs and a T on the block. Harry Douglas or Ramses Barden. Sam Baker. I think 76, 76 for the WR and 82 for Baker.

Smith and a second rounder would be fair I think.

Don't make no deal yet Rinse. I need to take a look at him first.

Edit: NM, too slow will get burned by TE's all day. :(

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Close, central time. I can play 9 central or after thurs night. Friday Ill be gone till later at night past Vance time.

hey just noticed your comment about lag, was it bad all game? I really don't recall, but I'll mess with my internet tonight if so.

Smokey

Hey I wont be available till tomorrow night Smokey. Won't have access to my 360 tonight. What time works for you?

Tonight. I have to work in the evenings wed and thurs. Depends on how long the work takes so it could change but that's what it is as of now.

Mrbob

hey just noticed your comment about lag, was it bad all game? I really don't recall, but I'll mess with my internet tonight if so.

Yeah, felt like we were playing in water all game long. We never had a bad connect experience before but it was crazy laggy last night.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
i demand a replay!

I went wired after the desynch, is there any reason why my connection would be better wireless? Old cable?

DCX

DCX
oh and dcx, I hope I didn't come off as a dick or anything. Just mad at myself for starting off 0-5 and losing so many chances!

Still can't believe I went 2/9 on 3rd down lol. Your pass defense was everywhere. I was surprised a couple of my passes weren't intercepted. I got lucky in that aspect.

Edit: Dammit Wellie!! You're looking good so far. If I keep this up... that Rams team. man oh man.
I have been working on My pass D and play calling in general. I blitzes more against you than I have vs anyone else. I got four sacks I believe but I didn't the ints I was in position for.

I wish there was a pass defensed vs pass intercepted %. It seems every bad throw I made turned into an int yet your bad throws resulted in swats..over throws or drops by my defenders.

It even outs.

Gg none the less man. No harm no foul.

DCX

Rorschach

Yep. Colston, TO. Receivers with high AWR. I agree with you on how it affects the QB too, allows you to better/more accurately use "Total Control Passing."

I didn't get them for their AWR. I got them for their route running, catch, spec catch, and the much under-appreciated catch in traffic. I got TO for his release since everyone was just bumping my WRs. :D All the catch ratings are what are important to me as well as route running. Spec catch being the least important IMO of the catch traits. At least for my style, anyway.

AWR helps, and is underrated, but it's not as important for a WR other positions.

TheCrow

I didn't get them for their AWR. I got them for their route running, catch, spec catch, and the much under-appreciated catch in traffic. I got TO for his release since everyone was just bumping my WRs. :D

AWR helps, and is underrated, but it's not as important for a WR other positions.
Please tell me your CBs are press gods. Even D. Thomas couldn't get free at the LOS.

I should be around most of the day.
Would love to play after my test. Been slacking when it comes university. Senoritis in full effect.

McNei1y

I have been working on My pass D and play calling in general. I blitzes more against you than I have vs anyone else. I got four sacks I believe but I didn't the ints I was in position for.

I wish there was a pass defensed vs pass intercepted %. It seems every bad throw I made turned into an int yet your bad throws resulted in swats..over throws or drops by my defenders.

It even outs.

Gg none the less man. No harm no foul.

DCX

My line is complete garbage, though. I think I've been sacked the most in the entire league. I think my total is now around 27 sacks.

Colasante

My line is complete garbage, though. I think I've been sacked the most in the entire league. I think my total is now around 27 sacks.

I have 27 sacks too, but I have the 7 foot immobile statue John Skelton as my QB. You can run with RG3! You shouldn't be taking all those sacks.

McNei1y

As I said about our community game, use RG3's legs more.

DCX

I've never really used a scrambling QB before in Madden... well ever for that fact. So I don't know what's considered cheese or not yet when using one. I'm always afraid I'll scramble way too many times and then find someone complain about it later on.

Nightz

I've never really used a scrambling QB before in Madden... well ever for that fact. So I don't know what's considered cheese or not yet when using one. I'm always afraid I'll scramble way too many times and then find someone complain about it later on.

Just run up the middle for the TD, Peyton style.

TheCrow

If your opposing defense doesn't have a qb spy on every play you aren't scrambling enough. Even if he does you should still be able to beat him every once in a while.

Rorschach

This ain't Madden '04. If you have a lane, shoot it.

That's not what I saw. On every pass play my WRs would get locked up at the line. Everyone in the NHL party chat could hear me getting pissed at how my WR couldn't get free.

I don't know what to tell ya since he's the only one that was doing it in the game and only when I controlled him.

Oh wait, I did call it twice. Once near the endzone and once on a zone blitz at midfield (got burned on that one by the TE). I'm getting old. :(

McNei1y

Alright then. I haven't been using him to his fullest so I'll start now. My only concerns were what I remembered in the Madden's 04-07's when Vick was used by EVERYONE.

eznark

Banned
Alright then. I haven't been using him to his fullest so I'll start now. My only concerns were what I remembered in the Madden's 04-07's when Vick was used by EVERYONE.

Run wild. This is a cheese league. FMT holds Y to win, Luke resurrects the dead, Cutler completes passes to his own receivers, it's basically Blitz at this point.

Rorschach

Just remember not to start every play thinking to run because then you'll become a one track player and it'll be easy to defend you.

TheCrow

Any more tips Crow? I could use some help
I take a lot of sacks too but I just don't pass enough so it doesn't stand out. I actually don't mind taking sacks, it's better then forcing the ball into coverage and turning the ball over. My advice would be to run more 3 step drop routes and dump the ball off to your rbs.

I don't know what to tell ya since he's the only one that was doing it in the game and only when I controlled him.

Oh wait, I did call it twice. Once near the endzone and once on a zone blitz at midfield (got burned on that one by the TE). I'm getting old. :(
Maybe some of those man coverage plays automatically bumped the wrs. I know it happens because I was pissed that Tracy Porter even tried to press your WR on that TD pass. Caught me off guard because I rarely tell my CBs to press.

Splat

I think the vast majority of my ints get thrown in the first quarter, and then I settle down. I need to stop doing that :(

Top Bottom