• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

But when the rosters updated he was still suspended I thought.

Really I'm just trying to figure out how to vote next year when FMT wants to start the season the day the demo comes out.

no, he wasn't suspended, nor is he suspended now in real life. and next year there wont be a vote. if this season has proven anything is that democracy. doesn't. work!

Sokantish

I was lied to about hockey! if you guys ever decide to play send me an invite on xbl or message me on steam(sokanish)

Time for some Borderlands!

eznark

Banned
I was lied to about hockey! if you guys ever decide to play send me an invite on xbl or message me on steam(sokanish)

Time for some Borderlands!

I'm going to play FTL and try to wind down. Kind of amped right now what with the booze drugs and ass fucking I took tonight.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
@tjlang I think the season has proven you're a shitty commissioner.

daaaaaaaaaaamn that dude is getting fined!

Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob
**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: NFL Goodell having an emergency meeting tmrw (Not about Refs) but about #BANNING players from Twitter & FB #WOW

One dude ruining it for everyone. DCX style

Sokantish

I wanted to play too. I only will if you admit they made the right call now.

That will never happen! I can't even believe you're backing Brady up with something so WRONG

I'm going to play FTL and try to wind down. Kind of amped right now what with the booze drugs and ass fucking I took tonight.

Is that any good? I like space games and I like management games but then I heard the word roguelike and it scared me away.

eznark

Banned
Is that any good? I like space games and I like management games but then I heard the word roguelike and it scared me away.

Getting your anal cavity thoroughly reamed out by a 1250 RPM lathe sucks. Burns like hell.

FTL is great though.

Answering both, wasn't sure which you were asking about.

McNei1y

gg dcx.

No way, I do!

Nope.

I hit stuck at the worst time leaving a wide open roddy white to get a 70+ yard touchdown (my fault). I miss a fucking chip shot field goal on the right hash because I held down on left stick for too long when I started the meter. I flipped a defensive play which fucked me over when DCX hiked which gave Julio Jones a wide open touch down pass. I managed to come back and get the lead by 1... with the ball in my posession.. on the 3 yard line... and I turn it over on an interception. I then allow a 70 yard run on the NEXT PLAY. DCX had some nice plays and his defense contained me all game (2/9 on 3rd downs...) but I just can't believe shit like this.

DCX

DCX
I must have the worst luck in madden history.

GG. all i do is throws interceptions!! Man that game was full of shit ass decisions. I go for it on 4th and inches and miss. I throw three ints right at you :/ I think i will break Sanjuro record.

I'm so happy about my defensive gameplan. For a while there i was stone walling you then they just got gased. The red zone int sealed it for me along with Turner rumbling for 70 yards to put me in position for the game winning TD ( i pulled a Bradshaw to boot )

You played well. You were killing me on the ground and kinda stopped. I know i managed to stop him for loses but you can't quit. Turner was doing nothing till the 4th qrt.

DCX

Colasante

I hit stuck at the worst time leaving a wide open roddy white to get a 70+ yard touchdown. I miss a fucking chip shot field goal on the right hash because I held down on left stick for too long instead when I started the meter. I flipped a defensive play which fucked me over when DCX hiked which gave Julio Jones a wide open touch down pass. I managed to come back and get the lead by 1... with the ball in my posession.. on the 3 yard line... and I turn it over on an interception. I then allow a 70 yard run on the NEXT PLAY. DCX had some nice plays and his defense contained me all game (2/9 on 3rd downs...).

Wait, what is the left stick used for on field goal kicks?

McNei1y

Wait, what is the left stick used for on field goal kicks?

For aiming. I'm pretty much 100% on field goals but this one IMPORTANT field goal, I manage to hold on for too long and shank it left.

I just hate that I fuck myself over week after week. The worst is just waiting to get at the next game to correct your mistakes.

Sokantish

I have only ever used the right stick, didn't know you could use the left. Don't worry, McNeily I lost to Trasher because I suck so terribly at defense and missed a 51yd FG that was so close it hit the bottom bar and bounced back into the endzone. I was pretty disappointed

McNei1y

I have only ever used the right stick, didn't know you could use the left. Don't worry, McNeily I lost to Trasher because I suck so terribly at defense and missed a 51yd FG that was so close it hit the bottom bar and bounced back into the endzone. I was pretty disappointed

But these things are happening way to frequently for me. I might as well just play very conservative next time to avoid anything like this. But honestly... I turn the ball over on the 3 yard line. Okay, that's fine I still have a 1 point lead. But then on the next play, I give up a 70 yard run when I've been stopping Turner all game, for the most part. So pretty much he just cemented a win by either running the clock down or by getting a touchdown up on me.

The same thing happened against Smokey today. I had the lead against him in the 4th by 3 but then I turned the ball over twice in the 4th quarter. His Dlineman picked up a fumble (after diving on the ball and no one touched him) and returned it for a TD. Then I threw a pick in the redzone which pretty much sealed the game.

I must get to antsy in close situations because I seem to make the dumbest mistakes... trying to force a pass when there's no one open or just mashing the tackle button when it wasn't the right time. I think the worst part in all of this is that I don't even receive any "prize" because my first pick is gone!

Colasante

For aiming. I'm pretty much 100% on field goals but this one IMPORTANT field goal, I manage to hold on for too long and shank it left.

I just hate that I fuck myself over week after week. The worst is just waiting to get at the next game to correct your mistakes.

No shit. I've only ever used the right stick and I almost always miss online. Damn.

CB3

Yeesh. My D might as well have stayed on the fucking sidelines. Disgusting performance. No pressure up front and DB's jerking off somewhere. GG ram

Ramirez

GG man. Sorry about the 4th down call, but a punt would have probably netted me next to nothing in field position, and I didn't want to face a 2 minute Vick offense, can't stop it.

I know the Steelers are struggling with the run game IRL, but man, I can't even get 20-30 yards. At one point I had 10 carries for 12 yards, feels bad man.

McNei1y

I know the Steelers are struggling with the run game IRL, but man, I can't even get 20-30 yards. At one point I had 10 carries for 12 yards, feels bad man.

I know your pain. Today was the first time I got 50+ yards in a game with a running back (I got 96 with Helu). But before this I was probably finishing the game with 30-35 yards total after 15-20 attempts.

CB3

GG man. Sorry about the 4th down call, but a punt would have probably netted me next to nothing in field position, and I didn't want to face a 2 minute Vick offense, can't stop it.

I dont mind the 4th down calls. It was valid

Sokantish

I know your pain. Today was the first time I got 50+ yards in a game with a running back (I got 96 with Helu). But before this I was probably finishing the game with 30-35 yards total after 15-20 attempts.

Want to quit our games over and over so we get lots of practice? wait will that work anymore or will it just assign one of us the win?

CB3

So why the fuck aren't you scorching the league with Anquan Boldin and Joe Flacco?

I decided Livewire was unworthy of Anquan and took matters into my own hands.
Vic-mackey.jpg

Colasante

Is Larry Fitzgerald to the Patriots the only trade that has gone down so far this season? I can't recall any others. If so, that's a shame.

McNei1y

oh and dcx, I hope I didn't come off as a dick or anything. Just mad at myself for starting off 0-5 and losing so many chances!

Still can't believe I went 2/9 on 3rd down lol. Your pass defense was everywhere. I was surprised a couple of my passes weren't intercepted. I got lucky in that aspect.

Edit: Dammit Wellie!! You're looking good so far. If I keep this up... that Rams team. man oh man.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thank you DCX!

oh and dcx, I hope I didn't come off as a dick or anything. Just mad at myself for starting off 0-5 and losing so many chances!

Still can't believe I went 2/9 on 3rd down lol. Your pass defense was everywhere. I was surprised a couple of my passes weren't intercepted. I got lucky in that aspect.

Edit: Dammit Wellie!! You're looking good so far. If I keep this up... that Rams team. man oh man.

UYg3e.gif

The best part is you still have to play AT and CB twice.

bluemax

Banned
The Official Lack for Zack Sweepstakes Version 1.0

1. Tennessee Titans -78 point differential 20th Offense 32nd Defense 32nd in Turnovers
The Titans offense hasn't done the defense many favors, but still that defensive rating is atrocious. The linebacking core is pretty young, so possible upgrades would likely come at defensive end, corner or strong safety.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars -129 point differential 31st Offense 28th Defense 31st in Turnovers
Vince Young and Blaine Gabbert have combined for 18 INTs, the worst mark in the league through 4 games. The Jaguars clearly need a lot of help, but starting QB might be one of the most obvious spots in need of change.

3. Arizona Cardinals -68 point differential 18th Offense 20th Defense 27th in Turnovers
Jon Skelton and Matt Leinart have been sacked a combined 27 times, which makes the Cards slightly below league average offense pretty amazing. Just think what they could do if they had time to make better decisions! Bobby Massie must go!

4. New York Jets -94 point differential 28th Offense 24th Defense 28th in Turnovers
The Jets are averaging an NFL worst 7.5 points per game. They have scored 3 TDs through 4 games. Shonn Greene is averaging nearly 5 yards per carry! Santonio Holmes is averaging 80 yards per game receiving! Sanchez and Tebow are completing less than 50% of their passes!

5. Washington Redskins -60 point differential 11th Offense 27th Defense 31st in Turnovers
If RG3 learns to stop throwing picks, and they somehow discover how to play defense, the Redskins might be decent! The Skins have 3 really good MLBers and 0 good defensive ends, maybe they should consider a change!

6. Minnesota Vikings -11 point differential 2nd Offense 30th Defense 25th in Turnovers
Ponder and Percy are perfectly preposterous in purple. Well except for all those interceptions. Still I don't think the Vikings will be looking to add Randolph.

7. Carolina Panthers -16 point differential 25th Offense 22nd Defense 18th in Turnovers
The Panthers aren't as turnover prone as other teams in the bottom 10, so why are they down here? Two tough opening games against divisional foes really skewed things. The offense has played better the last two weeks, now they just need the defense to pick up a little.

8. Dallas Cowboys -31 point differential 23rd Offense 4th Defense 24th in Turnovers
The Cowboys have scored the third fewest points in the NFL so far. A lot of that is on Tony Romo and his 59.7 passer rating, but DeMarco Murray's 44 yards per game on the ground aren't getting it done either. Its worth nothing that Romo's TD to INT ratio is 4 to 5 when he plays teams that aren't the New York Giants and the Cowboys are scoring 15.6 points per game against non Giants opponents. The lesson, small sample sizes can be misleading!

9. San Diego Chargers -51 point differential 14th Offense 27th in Defense 17th in Turnovers
In the Chargers 3 losses they have allowed over 30 points, over 100 yards on the ground and have turned the ball over an average of 5 times. Rivers isn't going anywhere, so maybe addressing the run D should be a priority?

10. Cleveland Browns -54 point differential 30th in Offense 20th in Defense 26th in Turnovers
Brandon Weeden has one of the worst QB ratings in the league. He's completing under 50% of his passes, has been sacked 11 times and is only getting 5.9 yards per pass attempt. Trent Richardson is one of the few RBs in the league getting over 100 yards per game on the ground. Just think how much better he'd do if his team had any semblance of a passing attack!

Okay, that's all for now as its kind of pain trying to adjust the offense and defense rankings to take into account the 3 or so games that have been played already. I'll do this again after week 8. I will say the most obvious link between all these teams is turnovers. Only one team in the league has a losing record and a positive turnover differential.

rinse82

Mrbob are you on the east coast?

I might not have time to play until thurs/fri

Might have some time tonight but won't know till later

10. Cleveland Browns -54 point differential 30th in Offense 20th in Defense 26th in Turnovers
Brandon Weeden has one of the worst QB ratings in the league. He's completing under 50% of his passes, has been sacked 11 times and is only getting 5.9 yards per pass attempt. Trent Richardson is one of the few RBs in the league getting over 100 yards per game on the ground. Just think how much better he'd do if his team had any semblance of a passing attack!

My schedule is f'n ridiculous. I've also had a ton of drops by my receivers. Going to be a long year, I guess I better start scouting WRs/QBs.

BigAT, I won't be around for most of tonight but tomorrow I should be available for my next beat down.

Top Bottom