• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Trasher

My two cents would be to play your players if you can play them. If the game is bugged and isn't dealing with the injuries properly, then we just go along with it until it's fixed. There's too much margin for user error in sitting/not sitting certain players. And it also fucks with the 53 man rosters. This seems like the best solution as far as people bitching in this thread goes.

Sokantish

I vote that everyone should sit their injured players. This has nothing to do with the fact that NONE of my players have been injured. I swear.

LukeSmith

FMT is a bit like ol' King Lear.

In the interest of alleviating confusion and solving this problem for good, do we all mostly agree that the actual solution for this going forward is:

Proposal:
1. Injuries are a part of the game and are important.
2. Injuries getting reset by EA is dogshit and makes everyone haggard.
3. We know, thanks to Levious, how injuries can be reset and will make every effort to avoid it.
3a. In the case where we cannot avoid it, like, replacing an existing GM, each team will be responsible for sitting the players who were injured at the moment of the bug showing up.

Assuming we all mostly agree on these things, then it's about what we do going forward.

If we mostly agree on the above policy, do we:
A) Wipe injuries out after this week and begin anew, in week 6 with a clear, cogent injury policy that we all mostly feel good about.
B) Continue to enforce injured players being out now, and adopt the above proposal.

If we don't mostly agree on the above, we just need someone to propose something cogent that people mostly agree with.

Ramirez

That defense could have played with half the amount of players and still been one of the best in the league.

You mean like the last season when I traded Polamalu, Woodley, Farrior retired, and all of my CBs were low 70s, and still made the SB?

spongebob.jpg

eznark

Banned
Yeah trying to figure out when, I might go home at six, let the dog out, play the game and then come back to work, that way you can get on with playing something else earlier and I can I guess, work later.

Is Crimson: Steam Pirates 2 really worth all this effort?

Ramirez

[MG]http://www.patentspostgrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Checkmate.jpg[/IMG]

He checkmated nothing.

No matter what excuse you guys throw at me, I overcame all of them! Had the roster size, traded half of my defense away, replaced by Falcon scrubs, and I still owned you. I was the pioneer of making you quit in the first quarter and play DotA2.

eznark

Banned
I told you, I'm writing the double penetration code for 50 shades of grey. I'm going to keep your wife interested in sex after she craps out your next kid!

lol, I read that when I was playing Borderlands and in a big fight, just sort of glanced at it and was like "DVDA, what the fuck do I care about some coding bullshit for" and went back to playing.

Sorry I missed your double anal, dude.

FMT is a bit like ol' King Lear.

In the interest of alleviating confusion and solving this problem for good, do we all mostly agree that the actual solution for this going forward is:

Proposal:
3. We know, thanks to Levious, how injuries can be reset and will make every effort to avoid it.
3a. In the case where we cannot avoid it, like, replacing an existing GM, each team will be responsible for sitting the players who were injured at the moment of the bug showing up.

Assuming we all mostly agree on these things, then it's about what we do going forward.

A) Wipe injuries out after this week and begin anew, in week 6 with a clear, cogent injury policy that we all mostly feel good about.
B) Continue to enforce injured players being out now, and adopt the above proposal.

If we don't mostly agree on the above, we just need someone to propose something cogent that people mostly agree with.

A

LukeSmith

He checkmated nothing.

No matter what excuse you guys throw at me, I overcame all of them! Had the roster size, traded half of my defense away, replaced by Falcon scrubs, and I still owned you. I was the pioneer of making you quit in the first quarter and play DotA2.

We all know who owns who
manningrun.gif

LJ11

Remember when the league was well organized with clearly defined rules, those were the days.

What ever happened to the guy who ran the league?

My position never changed, CBs never did, your flip-flopping and not reading the thread got us here.

Now I'm just trying to clean up after you and restore order!

Aight, we'll do it shortly after 9 your time

Never flipped on my opinion. I still don't care if people play injured players but if it's that important to league members then bench them

BigAT

Why was the consensus ever anything but manually track it and have people sit injured players?

OH WOE IS ME, WHERE SHALL WE EVER FIND THE MEANS TO ACQUIRE THE ENCHANTED PEN AND PAPER OF MYTHICAL LEGEND?

Let? I took what was mine after it was clear you couldnt handle things on your own. Still cant, as evidenced by this weekend.

Luke did this, not me. I don't care about injuries. But true to form you want to feel like you have some control so you rage against the machine. Keep fighting the good fight!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
To be fair, its not a one person job. But frenchies habit of not reading the thread and jumping to action gets him in trouble.

CB3

Luke did this, not me. I don't care about injuries. But true to form you want to feel like you have some control so you rage against the machine. Keep fighting the good fight!

He says you flip flopped when things got rough! Considering you did that very same thing when Bowman got injured id be inclined to believe him. Like he said, his position never changed and neither did mine!

CB3

Sue me for appeasing the vast majority of the league

The vast majority of the league seemed to have not wanted injuries to be reset. Im pretty sure they side with me on this point.

But alas, i wasnt included in the decision so i dont feel liable to clean up the mess!

LukeSmith

Hey, so dudes reading the thread, could you guys react to this please:

Proposal:

Votes so far:

Abstain: Luke

A:
FMT
McNeily
Storybook
Trasher
LJ
Livewire

B:
Soka
Bobby
Splat
DCX
Levious
eznark
bigAT
Crow
Smokey

Mrbob

B.

I also propose alongside B that league members who have played injured players should still be required to sit those players for the full injury time.

DCX

DCX
A.

not fair that dudes that played after the injury bug have to deal with injuries. We should clear and move forward with rules.

DCX

Top Bottom