• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

Trasher

"Russell Wilson became the first quarterback in NFL history to throw a game-winning interception."

lolol this is the lowest of the lows for this fucking league

McNei1y

System update!

And fucko, "week advances tomorrow at 4 pm" so get off my dick biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

you and bird are the last game so the week would advance tonight. You can hold out until tomorrow but... well, that'd be a big tease.

Trasher

Wow. Golden Tate is a fucking moron. Anyone just see his interview about the catch?

Pretty hilarious to hear Rick Reilly say "so 'fighting for it' is another way of saying 'cheating'?"

How can that idiot truly believe he caught that ball? What a fucking joke.

eznark

Banned
you're the coolest no matter what anyone says

Gonna stay awake and play hockey with me after?

Also, while I'm not mad about the game I can't promise I won't just go into PTSD and start throwing bombs every play and going for it on 5th down every time.

McNei1y

Gonna stay awake and play hockey with me after?

Also, while I'm not mad about the game I can't promise I won't just go into PTSD and start throwing bombs every play and going for it on 5th down every time.

I think DCX and I are gonna play our game immediately after the advance but if you're still awake, I'll definitely play some for a bit. If not, definitely tomorrow. We got some training to do. The playoffs are two days away!

5th down dat shit cray

Caja 117

So, guys, is this game worth paying 60 bucks for it? the only Madden I have played was Madden 10, and I enjoyed it, so, how does this one compare to previous Madden titles?

So, guys, is this game worth paying 60 bucks for it? the only Madden I have played was Madden 10, and I enjoyed it, so, how does this one compare to previous Madden titles?

i've liked all the previous maddens. it depends on why you're playing it. if it weren't for this league i would not buy the game. but then again i'm not really interested in playing single player sports games, no matter how deep they might be. nothing compares to a human opponent!

McNei1y

i've liked all the previous maddens. it depends on why you're playing it. if it weren't for this league i would not buy the game. but then again i'm not really interested in playing single player sports games, no matter how deep they might be. nothing compares to a human opponent!

I can't play the cpu in any sports game anymore.

Rorschach

I'd say it's worth it after a price drop just to check out the new features and engine. I don't think it's worth a full 60 dollars.

Caja 117

I like both franchise mode to play by myself (I like the team micro managing of any sports game) and I also like MP (while I only have played NBA and MLB games online). I haven't play any Madden sports against a human opponent yet because I have almost no understanding on defense strategy , Im learning, but there is so many little things going on with every player that i still think Im ages away from been a decent player.

Smokey

this is the biggest fucking lie ever

Smokey

I try

ibcwjidShbI1j4.gif

lol

this is the biggest fucking lie ever

i have played a grand total of maybe 5 single player franchise games in the past 5 or 6 years. i have no desire to play single player sports games ever. i'm trying to think of a circumstance, outside of practicing plays, that i would want to play a sports game single player and i can't think of another time

Mrbob

good game bob, fun second half.

Yeah the second half was crazy. Lucky I got Hester open for one play because none of my guys could get separation otherwise.

I hate how bugged it is to hold Y to intercept. We both probably lost out on at least 2 ints that game where you hit Y to intercept and the DB (who is all over the WR) goes full retard and somehow runs himself out of way and out of the play. On one play I gave up a long TD because both my CB and safety went crazy when I hit Y to intercept when you threw it in double coverage down the line. Both guys stopped and didn't go after the ball, and then Austin just runs by them.

Shame the replays weren't available. I wanted to save the replay where my damn center backed into cutler and knocked him on the ground. But then no one touched him, and he got up and ran for like 15 yards for a first down.

Hopefully Hardin got a nice XP boost by me getting two manual ints with him during the game.

LiveWire

Hey, when I was putting up big passing numbers it was when I traded for slower WRs like LLoyd or Colston or picked up old ass (slower) WRs like TO. DHB was cut last year!

Yep. Colston, TO. Receivers with high AWR. I agree with you on how it affects the QB too, allows you to better/more accurately use "Total Control Passing."

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah the second half was crazy. Lucky I got Hester open for one play because none of my guys could get separation otherwise.

I hate how bugged it is to hold Y to intercept. We both probably lost out on at least 2 ints that game where you hit Y to intercept and the DB (who is all over the WR) goes full retard and somehow runs himself out of way and out of the play. On one play I gave up a long TD because both my CB and safety went crazy when I hit Y to intercept when you threw it in double coverage down the line. Both guys stopped and didn't go after the ball, and then Austin just runs by them.

Shame the replays weren't available. I wanted to save the replay where my damn center backed into cutler and knocked him on the ground. But then no one touched him, and he got up and ran for like 15 yards for a first down.

Hopefully Hardin got a nice XP boost by me getting two manual ints with him during the game.

cutler was like manning on two of those scrambles, stiff arming linebackers.

Birdman02

I know. That's why I kept throwing over the middle. I'm just laughing at Vilma being on the roster.

Why did we wait to start again?

He's on the PUP list...I think he could technically be playing if he wasn't hurt. I don't see how it's different than Luke using Peyton last year.

Colasante

I must say, since I'm cruising toward the #1 pick in next year's draft, I'm not liking what I'm seeing from these QBs I'm scouting. None of them are jumping out to me as being a franchise QB.

Week 5

Next vance date: 9/27 (Thursday) @ 10 pm pst

Games:

Cards @ Rams
Falcons @ Skins
Eagles @ Steelers
Packers @ Colts
Browns @ Giants
Titans @ Vikings
Dolphins @ Bengals
Ravens @ Chiefs
Seahawks @ Panthers
Bears @ Jags
Broncos @ Pats
Bills @ 49ers
Chargers @ Saints
Texans @ Jets

NFC Offensive player of the week: Victor Cruz (Giants) - 6 rec, 176 yards, 3 TD
NFC Defensive player of the week: J. Murphy (Saints) - 2 int, 1 TD

AFC Offensive player of the week: Arian Foster (Texans) - 18 car, 70 yards, 1 TD; 6 rec, 82 yards, 1 TD
AFC Defensive player of the week: Jonathan Joseph (Texans) - 2 tackles, 2 int, 1 TD

eznark

Banned
He's on the PUP list...I think he could technically be playing if he wasn't hurt. I don't see how it's different than Luke using Peyton last year.

But when the rosters updated he was still suspended I thought.

Really I'm just trying to figure out how to vote next year when FMT wants to start the season the day the demo comes out.

Birdman02

But when the rosters updated he was still suspended I thought.

Really I'm just trying to figure out how to vote next year when FMT wants to start the season the day the demo comes out.

The suspension was lifted the same week the rosters came out, so they added him in the update. That's the only reason I wanted to delay the start.

Top Bottom