• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '13 Xbox 360 Online Franchise Thread: A chance to develop a dynasty!

I'll vote A.

If the vote turns out B though, everyone will get to go in dry on me for the next 6 (or 5, don't remember when my bye is) games. T-Rich is my KY!

DCX

DCX
Man, before you edited I saw your vote was B. I thought to myself, wow maybe DCX isn't so bad after all!
Maybe I didn't understand the option fully!

Is B sit those already injured week 1 and enforce it. Or is it whoever got inured post " healing " has to stay injured and those injured prior get a pass? If its the latter then no. I want A because guys like Q got robbed as he played me with a healed Julio and now he pays with an injured Williams.

So change my vote based on that. If we go forward with injuries then injuries prior should also count not just injuries currently. If not then heal everyone and then enforce from here on out.

DCX

Sokantish

What I took it to mean was that if anyone was injured during any point of the games we have played then they should be benched. Maybe I'm understanding it incorrectly, though. Now I'm doubting myself.

McNei1y

I'm either way to be honest but I think the easiest route to avoid confusion and problems in the depth charts is to just accept the fact that the game glitched and fucked up injuries. If they were actually injured then people would be able to pick up players to use on their depth chart... but they can't now since now we're just going to sit "injured" players. It works and it's easy to do if everyone follows it, but it's so much simpler to just allow the guys to come back. It also avoids confusion and drama.

And the guy who flip flops, flip flops again after losing his starting safety and running back!

Never change, indeed

Except I've always said I don't care. If it was exclusively up to me to make the decision and no one else had a vote I'd say bench them because lots of people complained. But the truth is I'm personally fine with people using injured players. Never changed on that bruh

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Except I've always said I don't care. If it was exclusively up to me to make the decision and no one else had a vote I'd say bench them because lots of people complained. But the truth is I'm personally fine with people using injured players. Never changed on that bruh

I bet you are personally fine, seeing as your missing like 3 of your star players.

LukeSmith

Maybe I didn't understand the option fully!

Is B sit those already injured week 1 and enforce it. Or is it whoever got inured post " healing " has to stay injured and those injured prior get a pass? If its the latter then no. I want A because guys like Q got robbed as he played me with a healed Julio and now he pays with an injured Williams.

So change my vote based on that. If we go forward with injuries then injuries prior should also count not just injuries currently. If not then heal everyone and then enforce from here on out.

DCX

OK, I don't know what your vote is:

B means, Mathis is out till Week 9, Collie is out till week 6 regardless of what the injury report says because they were hurt and sit out - in my case, neither of these dudes have seen the field since they got hurt.

B means any injury from this season is relevant, it throws out all previous discussions on it.

Julio, Bowman, Boldin, whoever was hurt pre-wipe, is still hurt. If they played, they just get an extra game tacked on to it.

And in the future, under either A OR B, if there is some injury glitch, injured players get sat, which is 3a of the above proposal AKA the Wellington Clause

I abstained since I proposed it! I am fine without Mathis and Collie and I'm fine with Mathis - Collie will just get hurt the next play. I was originally for simplicity, enough people want to track the injuries and now we're just voting and will reach a democratic solution and then people will find something new to complain about. Like 2 man under

I bet you are personally fine, seeing as your missing like 3 of your star players.

1. Gore and goldson are still hurt

2. I've had bowman for maybe 10 plays this season. As you can see it hasn't hurt me

Also I never played bowman so I'll get no injury extension regardless

DCX

DCX
OK, I don't know what your vote is:

B means, Mathis is out till Week 9, Collie is out till week 6 regardless of what the injury report says because they were hurt and sit out - in my case, neither of these dudes have seen the field since they got hurt.

B means any injury from this season is relevant, it throws out all previous discussions on it.

Julio, Bowman, Boldin, whoever was hurt pre-wipe, is still hurt. If they played, they just get an extra game tacked on to it.

And in the future, under either A OR B, if there is some injury glitch, injured players get sat, which is 3a of the above proposal AKA the Wellington Clause

I abstained since I proposed it! I am fine without Mathis and Collie and I'm fine with Mathis - Collie will just get hurt the next play. I was originally for simplicity, enough people want to track the injuries and now we're just voting and will reach a democratic solution and then people will find something new to complain about. Like 2 man under
Then I vote B.

Jones was hurt five weeks and Douglas Four week 1. So Julio has three games starting with Oakland and Douglas two.

DCX

eznark

Banned
I vote B but kind of feel like I should abstain since I play Luke tonight and it obviously has an impact

lol at me thinking I can win that game

Like I said I didn't feel strongly either way. But continue on with the high school drama if it entertains
You know it does!

Trasher

Option A, but we need to make a spreadsheet of the players who are injured so people can make sure their opponents are being honest. Let's just put it in the OP or someone save it somewhere for quick use and easy updating.

(none of my players are injured)

The reason I'm voting A is because certain people have already been using injured players.

eznark

Banned
Fuck you Luke. You are just assuming you can beat me without them and want to be able to piss on FMT for doing "the right thing"

Option A, but we need to make a spreadsheet of the players who are injured so people can make sure their opponents are being honest. Let's just put it in the OP or someone save it somewhere for quick use and easy updating.

Wait...option A means guys come back so no spreadsheet is needed

LukeSmith

Fuck you Luke. You are just assuming you can beat me without them and want to be able to piss on FMT.

Nah, our game will be close. Your team is rated like 9000 and the Colts are 71 or something. I was all Peyton in the past, now I have a crap team and am exposed for the fraud I've always been :(

Yes. Option A means everything is a clean slate and the only way we'd need to track anything is if we encounter a bug.

The reason I'm voting A is because certain people have already been using injured players.

Only 1 person. Dcx

Trasher

Fuck you Luke. You are just assuming you can beat me without them and want to be able to piss on FMT for doing "the right thing"

I meant using that in the future to keep track of them in case we get fucked over with a wipe again somehow. Or in case we need to do the owner switch again or whatever.

Only 1 person. Dcx

Makes sense!

Mrbob

I vote B....just add a week to DCX and Storybook'ds guys since they played a game they shouldn't have.

This should happen, I agree.

There should be an option c:

Don't worry about benching injured players

If I have an injury, I'm not sitting my guys if others haven't had to do so.

LJ11

gg LJ, you should have won that game. Why didn't you take the FG at half?

Wasn't paying attention, I space out a lot at times. First half was a slog with the ints and I lost track to be quite honest.

Shouldn't have thrown that last ball, but I didn't expect the DT to drop. You did a good job dislodging some catches, killed a couple of drives.

Trasher

I vote B....just add a week to DCX and Storybook'ds guys since they played a game they shouldn't have.

This could work too, but then the problem is some people have already played against players that should have been injured...so it doesn't work to perfection.

Shouldn't have? I asked twice, at least, and never got a definitive answer either way. I'll tack on whatever to T-Rich but it wasn't because I was trying to pull one over on the league.

Sokantish

Wasn't paying attention, I space out a lot at times. First half was a slog with the ints and I lost track to be quite honest.

Shouldn't have thrown that last ball, but I didn't expect the DT to drop. You did a good job dislodging some catches, killed a couple of drives.

I almost called the time out for you, but then I talked myself out of it because I was mad from all those ints I threw. I got lucky on dropped passes and then Ponder wouldn't get his act together until the fourth. Was a hectic game.

DCX

DCX
gg ez. fell alseep on that last TD pass. i should've just played off coverage :/

errons ball placement in this game is ridiculous. there's nothing i can do sometimes!

p.s.

bowman out for 8 weeks. motherfuck

You changed owners. Injuries will prolly reset.

DCX

yes! god bless you rinse (if it happens)! i need bowman in there. he's like a 2nd patrick willis!

also ez i dont understand how you always have a losing record. your offense was really good, had me on my heels most of the first half and stuck with the run game

So we tell FMT for over a week that if he hands off power, the injuries are reset....and he does it in week 1?

-_-

read motherfucker. i didn't hand the power off to anyone. the bug happens if *ANY* person leaves the league and re-signs in, or if anyone is replaced. just so happens that dark faze was the jags, lost to rinse, and rinse was given the jags. is this going to re-set the injury? i have no idea

FMT loses Bowman for 8 weeks. Regardless of if the bug shows its face or not. Case closed.

Hey guys, did you know Bowman is gonna have to sit out 8 weeks one way or another?

we'll see!

Let it be known i will burn this motherfucker to the ground before i let someone who was injured for 8 weeks play another snap until those 8 weeks have passed.

People better start taking note of all who gets injured week 1. Those with injuries better find replacements in FA before the well dries up!

DCX

don't get your panties in a bunch, im not playing bowman nor do i need him. need him rested for my playoff run! i don't think it will re-set the injuries anways since the roster change from dark to rinse happened before

also sucks that he comes back during the bye week :(

Sorry frenchie, cant let you pretend like that you were going to sit him the whole time! You backed it down

you know what, now that you pushed it this far, i'm not going to sit him. luke agrees with me that its not our problem if the game fucks up.

you lose. 2-1 vote

I said a week ago or so that it seemed like a giant pain in the ass to manage, I ultimately don't really care either way, if anyone has any strong feelings in either direction, let them fly

Hey guys. Luke and myself sit on different sides of the fence on this. FMT doesnt get a say because he is already compromised. So what do you think?

Its not that bad to manage. It wont be like this every week. Id suspect this is a rare event. We wont have owners leaving every week

this isn't a vote on if bowman should sit. it is a vote if

A) If an injury occurs in any game, you have to keep a record of it and post in the thread who it was and what the length was

or

B) if a player is available for you to use, you can use him regardless

and just as there is a conflict with me voting, so too is there a conflict with anyone i play in the next 7 weeks. those votes shouldn't count either

Keep a log. It's really not difficult.

lol such angry young men.

I don't care. Julio or not i'm throwing 7 picks!!

DCX

(12:22:08 PM) whossorrynow015: lol i actually dont give a shit, but if you're going to act like a bitch after i already agreed to sit him
(12:22:11 PM) whossorrynow015: then do the work to get the votes!

Just a taste of why we even have to put this to a vote. Because FMT is being a baby

p.s.

injury is still there for bowman so i guess either EA patched it or the injury has to occur before the change in team ownership

and trasher what time can you play tomorrow (monday)?

I just lost T-Rich for 6 fucking weeks to a broken collarbone, thanks LJ! I'm going to go sob and play NHL now.

Looks like injuries got reset.......

I was just gonna say this.

DCX

WTF would cause the injuries to be reset this time. WELCOME HOME CJ!

edit: I bet EZ going into autopilot did it.

well looks like when i simmed the games and took injuries off it reset all injuries. so if you had an injured player, don't play him! the only big ones i know of are julio jones and navarro bowman. bowman can come back after my bye week, i dont know about JJ

p.s. next time i sim i shant be taking injuries off. thems the breaks!

awww

to be clear and in the open, CJ is out for this week and next. Witherspoon is out for the next 3 for me.

Of all those who got injured Julio you remember :/

He was out 5 weeks. He has two weeks left. Douglas has one week left.

DCX

you did

also, gg fern. close in the first half when i was getting tebow'd. gore out 4 weeks, goldson out 7 weeks. nice!

It's retarded that people with injured players have to A) sit guys manually since the injury bug exists and B) can't sign guys above the 53-man roster to make up for those gaps.

With my divine powers, I heal all players in the league.

Injuries are staying on for sims, and if they are on your active roster you can use them.

Do we get an automatic absolution when a superstar player gets hurt? Most injuries were not of the Bowman/Jones quality.

(I only have one superstar, and he's borderline)

Oh that's weird, two people with guys out for WEEKS are in favor of being able to use them. HOW STRANGE

Mathis and Collie were miraculously healed by the divine winds. Truly, Jesus saves

I think that is a poor decision, but I guess it's really not a big deal. I blame EA.

Julio RISE!!

DCX

as ive said all along, it doesn't matter to me. bowman has been out since week 1 and my D hasn't suffered. i just dont like having to move people around and then having bowman put in the lineup anyways because i dont have enough players

and lonestars situation is a punishment, not because of an EA error

We're absolving the injuries because it's too much to manage on a team to team basis. Bluemax has to manage as if Rice and Lynch were both injured for five weeks. Seems the same to me.

All I'm saying is, if I lose a key piece to my team, can you reset injuries too? Give me a free absolution.

I blame FMT for the error, someone in here warned us that turning injuries off and on resets them. This was his plan all along, people.

Do NOT allow injured players to play this week, I just played with my guys benched come on now. I was told to bench them and I did so, it wouldn't have helped me win, but could have helped with their progression, fucking bullshit.

yes, jegrah and I both confirmed this if I recall in the preseason.

and for the preseason cut issues, you need everyone to cut down to 53 before simming any preseason weeks.

i thought it was only if owners changed. the only reason i did it is because birdles reminded me to do it! blame him!

jk, it's my bad bro's.

and somina if it makes you feel better i benched bowman and then for good measure the game injured 2 more of my good players :D

Why are we not enforcing injuries? It's not hard...

If you can't be bothered to move guys to the bottom of the depth chart, then you probably shouldn't be playing in the league anyways. If the game puts them in despite being moved to the bottom, that's one thing, but at least put forth the effort.

Id like to make it known I had no involvement in anything thats happened today. Wasn't even approached! If fmt wasn't a woman he'd bench bowman anyway

Keep all injuries, mother fuckers. This ain't offline franchise, doofuses. Stop trying to game the system like Operation Sports players.

28-27, Falcons over Panthers. Julio Jones 6 catches 132 yards 3 TDs. Wow.

we'll just add another game to his injury time once this is inevitably overturned!

Guy that wasn't even suppose to play wins the game for him... it's okay we'll just add on another week later!

This is all Luke's fault

See what happens.....

Just play your games and quit worrying about who is hurt. You guys are like a bunch of Red Hat club women gossiping at an Applebee's.

RedHattersGroup1.JPG

"Blanche, did you hear about the injuries?"
"Yeah, overturned?"
"Seems only fair to a few"

Superstar rises from the dead: how did you even notice that, jesus relax, worry about your own team my god!

DCX caught cap shaving by forensic accounting of someone who quite obviously had way too much time on their hands: RED ALERT RED ALERT!

i see it from both sides. and while i think the guys should get sat, i did agree to it earlier. i'm not going to re-set the injuries again and i will be sitting bowman. this was my fuckup, not dcx's or lukes or anyone elses.

injuries are staying on and if your guy gets injured then he is injured..... just like gore and goldson

If this is the only way to make it a level playing field because a bunch of babies don't want to manage which guys were hurt before the issue even took place in an online franchise with a complex salary cap, contract negotiations, a draft, XP and progression, as well as coach and player abilities, then let's go ahead and do it.

All that other shit we've been pining for is also a pain to manage. Let's just go back to leaguedaddy. All problems solved.

Even after the injuries were reset, Ty Warren is still hurt and I can't even cut him.

The league is off to a magnificent start this year...

Injurygate. The most boring and easily avoidable of all the Madden controversies.

GG

Darren out for 4 weeks. Where's my get out of jail free card, commishes?!

Damn, he's out of the running title. :( My running goal was ridiculous anyway. I was never gonna get it. Taiwan Jones' goal, however... 600 yards. Let's do it!

My season's been a greatest hits of "would haves" so far...

"Would have" beaten the Saints if our first game didn't disconnect...
"Would have" beaten the Falcons if Julio was out (though he still had Roddy and knowing how DCX plays you could basically just swap the names out)...

We're 3-1 in my head!

And I'm taking that Cam gif for later use, lol.

So am I playing the CPU? The Ravens are Livewire's team right? And do I get to resurrect T-Rich or not?

Lol I totally missed Luke also having injury issues.

Banana Republic indeed! Good to know CB is the last honest man.

Yeah the two games I've been without both Collie and Mathis have killed me--what am I going to do without a brittle slow white wide receiver? Jerry Hughes is just Mathis 2, 0 sacks, no pressure, and a cold streak, just like Mathis.

Calm yourself, grand wizard

Before the league started I said we weren't going to track injuries manually if EA fucked it up, my song hasn't changed, nor will it!

Take your freebie, have him healed.

Am I sitting Boldin or what? I don't care either way, by rights he should be out for the season.

I agree, but is everyone else doing it? Is FMT benching his injured players, what was it, Bowman I think?

Everyone has benched their players except for DCX I think

imagine that

It's not league whining, it was the absolute wrong decision.

It's too late now to go back considering it happened last "week" and some guys that were supposed to be out already decided games.

I played T-Rich because I never got a clear cut answer either way, but I'm the Browns so all it does is make me somewhat competitive in my losses. If the consensus becomes sit them, then I will bench him.

Yeah but DCX won his game because he played his injured guy though, so lets all blame it on him!

From shooting hoops, to the Super Bowl!

Back offffff DCX, he's not guilty here.

At least now we have a better idea of what does and doesn't reset injuries. I'm glad no one posted about it before the season started.

The way this breaks down now is I guess one of two ways:

1. Floodgates are open, if they are active on your roster, use them.
2. Oops! All Berries! We know who the big injuries are (Julio, Bowman, Mathis, Trich, et cetera), sit them for the duration of their injuries.

I literally don't care what we do, but ideally it'd be consistent across the league

how did you decide which decision to listen to? At least admit you jumped at the opportunity. Nothing worthy of anything more than ridicule of course.

But yes, this was all easily avoidable in the first place.

A final decision needs to be made on this crap. The Shadow Council or the three-headed GM needs to get this done! I feel like I'm playing in the NFL with scab refs!

Just play everyone. It's not hard to sit them but Its causing too much of a problem as is.

My two cents would be to play your players if you can play them. If the game is bugged and isn't dealing with the injuries properly, then we just go along with it until it's fixed. There's too much margin for user error in sitting/not sitting certain players. And it also fucks with the 53 man rosters. This seems like the best solution as far as people bitching in this thread goes.

I vote that everyone should sit their injured players. This has nothing to do with the fact that NONE of my players have been injured. I swear.

FMT is a bit like ol' King Lear.

In the interest of alleviating confusion and solving this problem for good, do we all mostly agree that the actual solution for this going forward is:

Proposal:
1. Injuries are a part of the game and are important.
2. Injuries getting reset by EA is dogshit and makes everyone haggard.
3. We know, thanks to Levious, how injuries can be reset and will make every effort to avoid it.
3a. In the case where we cannot avoid it, like, replacing an existing GM, each team will be responsible for sitting the players who were injured at the moment of the bug showing up.

Assuming we all mostly agree on these things, then it's about what we do going forward.

If we mostly agree on the above policy, do we:
A) Wipe injuries out after this week and begin anew, in week 6 with a clear, cogent injury policy that we all mostly feel good about.
B) Continue to enforce injured players being out now, and adopt the above proposal.

If we don't mostly agree on the above, we just need someone to propose something cogent that people mostly agree with.

I say let Welli decide, he's the only adult here.

Shouldn't have? I asked twice, at least, and never got a definitive answer either way. I'll tack on whatever to T-Rich but it wasn't because I was trying to pull one over on the league.
Now we are caught up.

Lets make a decision before people play week 6.

DCX

DCX

DCX

I hear ya. Tacking on games is silly too. Dude was injured for X amount games, they should sit X amount of games. Not really our fault that we didn't a clear answer at the time of Luke's post and apparently even after.

DCX

Top Bottom